Build for around 2 million

I’m just wondering what type of house could I build for 2 million baht ? Already have the land and it’s been filled and has a wall around it   Looking for a single floor open floor plan house 3 bedrooms 3 bathrooms doesn’t have to be high spec as for the most part it will be a holiday home . Do you think it can be done ? Maybe you have pictures of something similar that you have done ? 

• Like 1

You do not have the land,someone else does.

Yes 2 mil would get you a nice house     GF of 10 years took off to her land mass,built really nice house   5 bedroom no less..nice,..but she forgot one thing,Im not joining her,...nice house,no money.  I prefer to rent and live (nice house) close to massage etc. than miles from anywhere

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Depends where you live but you can assume around 7-10K baht per square meter, so 2M would get you a very nice place knowing the land etc is there already. No worries to over spend as you do not look for the highest specs either.

I'd say around 1.5M as you want 3 bathrooms too (it is funny how pre build moo baans often sell the houses for double the cost). You could have a house of like 150 square meters easily.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Depends where you live but you can assume around 7-10K baht per square meter, so 2M would get you a very nice place knowing the land etc is there already. No worries to over spend as you do not look for the highest specs either.

I'd say around 1.5M as you want 3 bathrooms too (it is funny how pre build moo baans often sell the houses for double the cost). You could have a house of like 150 square meters easily.

Thank you . Not looking for a castle just somewhere nice with a good outdoor space . Maybe with the 1.5 million you estimated maybe I could throw a pool in there too ? 

6 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

Thank you . Not looking for a castle just somewhere nice with a good outdoor space . Maybe with the 1.5 million you estimated maybe I could throw a pool in there too ? 

Skip the pool, as all the local mum's will bring there kids to your house/pool, don't do it !!!!!!! LOL

• Like 2

Friend,bit like yourself,is having a pre-fabricated 3 bedroom one delivered 800.000,do not know much,but to him its a dream at a price too,can extend...but as he says all he can see around him are rice paddies,  yeah right    wheres the rope?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisandsu said:

My wife has worked and paid half of everything we own . We have been together for 15 years (she’s not a bar girl) for her to cut and run for a few million baht would be hilarious plus it would leave me quite wealthy???? . The lands in Rayong , we bought it 13 years ago in her name of course . We are thinking of retiring in Thailand full time when our kids have flown the nest . Starting to day dream right now and might be worth building while the baht is weakening and people need the work . 

Yes, somewhere in Ban Laeng, Rayong. A small house of 3 bedroom and large car poach that cost around 3 millions. I think is do-able especially that would already cost easily 1m+. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orinoco said:

Skip the pool, as all the local mum's will bring there kids to your house/pool, don't do it !!!!!!! LOL

I have to agree.Skip the pool. Our house has one ,however small only 4-5 meters across. It  costs on a few fronts.My electric recirc pump runs 6 hours a day every day,chemicals,maintenance and you'll have to pay someone to clean it a couple times a week. Due to illness etc. I haven't used it in over 2 years. If by chance some neighbour kids get in there and one of them drowns then you are truly <deleted>.

It was already here when we bought the place. I would never recommend a pool based on my experience.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jaideedave said:

I have to agree.Skip the pool. Our house has one ,however small only 4-5 meters across. It  costs on a few fronts.My electric recirc pump runs 6 hours a day every day,chemicals,maintenance and you'll have to pay someone to clean it a couple times a week. Due to illness etc. I haven't used it in over 2 years. If by chance some neighbour kids get in there and one of them drowns then you are truly <deleted>.

It was already here when we bought the place. I would never recommend a pool based on my experience.   

Fill it with Pla Nin and get the wife a fishing rod. !!!!!!!!!! LOL

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fredscats said:

You do not have the land,someone else does.

Yes 2 mil would get you a nice house     GF of 10 years took off to her land mass,built really nice house   5 bedroom no less..nice,..but she forgot one thing,Im not joining her,...nice house,no money.  I prefer to rent and live (nice house) close to massage etc. than miles from anywhere

What? Did you also give her the money for the house? :w00t:

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Dont forget to include all the additional expenses on your Build.

Does the site have Electric

Does it have Water on Tap or do you need to Dig a well

Drainage and sewerage management

Security 

Etc Etc 

These additional costs can mount up to be  considerable amount on a Build cost

The lands quite urban it’s 1 rai right next to the garden international school in ban chang rayong  has city water and electric on the paved road  . So the hook ups are minimal . 

6 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

I’m just wondering what type of house could I build for 2 million baht ?

methinks that should get you something pretty amazing in the current climate

Same old story, who you know rather than what you know.....i think I read that a truck full of cement is like 10 bucks lol (that can't be right surely but cheapo nevertheless)

If you speak the lingo and you know some 'local workers' who can dig holes, bend metal, pour concrete, build walls, you'll get away with an incredibly cheap build

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

The lands quite urban it’s 1 rai right next to the garden international school in ban chang rayong  has city water and electric on the paved road  . So the hook ups are minimal . 

Op Emergency, Emergency,

Don't start anything until you have checked out the noise levels there.

next to a school !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, 

Take care man, a school and noise is no joke here.

do your home work first.

Good luck

• Like 1