Government plans amnesty bill for the leaders that decided Thailand’s vaccination plan

webfact

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

That will not occur as the guaranteed places in the parliament for the military appointees is enshrined in legislation, so any future election cannot get rid of all the regime.  

Of course they can. They can always tear up the constitution and write a new one. That happens after every military coup.

• Like 2

What a waste of time. Either the current bunch of maggots will stay in power, then an amnesty won't be needed. Or they will eventually be driven out, then no amnesty in the world is going to protect them from what's coming.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

The biggest disrespect was shown by those who repeatedly took power by force from legally elected persons and then went ahead and tore up the most democratic constitution Thailand has ever had and replaced it with one that assured their power even if not receiving a single vote. Now that's disrespect for the populace.

Sure that is disrespecting the public too. However I am talking about the lies they all tell and that they expect us to accept them.

YL with her rice scam saying there were no fake G2G deals and she would look into it. She concluded it was all legit. No matter what evidence was in the newspapers and what was said she kept denying. Now 2 of her main ministers are in jail and its proven the G2G deals were fake. But she kept lying same with the Thaksin amnesty. 

Now you got the junta and their vaccination lying about vaccines lying about everything no matter how much evidence in to the contrary they keep lying. Now this amnesty. I find the resemblance shocking to say the least. 

Both sides lying in face of all the evidence and truth. As a smart person I hate being lied too like this. For me its a huge insult. 

So basically I don't trust any of them. All a bunch of hypocrites. 

They will all have to answer to the people once there "out" of office.

This makes them look even more culpable.  

Anutin keeps praising what he did at the beginning.        (Remember no masks or hand sanitizer available). 

Its the final mile that counts.

He and this government have failed miserably and the Thai people want blood.

• Like 1

Posts that make references to the monarchy have been removed.  Continue and face a permanent ban.  Even vague, disguised references are not allowed.  Here is the rule:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.  To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

This is a rule we take very seriously and members violating put both themselves and the forum in legal jeopardy.

2020: Government done well, Thailand Covid-Free, Thais immune to Covid, it's because wai

2021: Government bad, Thailand Covid infections rise, Thais vulnerable, it's because no enough vaccine.

What was the watershed?

Then

"The government failed the move speedily to secure vaccines and rejected Pfizer and other effective vaccines as far back as November instead relying on the ineffective Sinovacs Vaccine and the much-delayed locally-produced AstraZeneca jabs"

How you can still read typists that are persevering to write this kind of misinformation?

Edited by zhounan

17 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

And what law would protect them if another coup occurs that throws out the constitution, suspends all laws, courts etc?

That's a big if!

Edited by riclag

19 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul would be exempt from any future prosecution.

And there's people on here wondering why people are protesting !

An absolute farce !

Can you prosecute incompetence (a serious question)?  Presumably it would be difficult to prove that they acted with malicious intent as that would raise uncomfortable questions about Siam Bioscience.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

What didn't happen, the crimes or the pardoning ?

I recall he was going to write a pardon letter for himself before he left office, but the optics were so disgusting, he was strongly advised against it. Probably did one anyway.

On 8/9/2021 at 8:06 AM, BestB said:

Will say it again, both on their way out and trying to cover their tracks.

writing the law and having it published in royal gazette is not one of the same .

just like prayuts gag law was overturned by courts, this amnesty law may also get the same treatment 

let's hope so.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

You're kidding me.  You mean that no one will face charges of mass murder or genocide?

Nothing would be surprising about anything that happens in Thailand. The unelected PM has already been responsible for many deaths by holding back vaccines.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Sure that is disrespecting the public too. However I am talking about the lies they all tell and that they expect us to accept them.

YL with her rice scam saying there were no fake G2G deals and she would look into it. She concluded it was all legit. No matter what evidence was in the newspapers and what was said she kept denying. Now 2 of her main ministers are in jail and its proven the G2G deals were fake. But she kept lying same with the Thaksin amnesty. 

Now you got the junta and their vaccination lying about vaccines lying about everything no matter how much evidence in to the contrary they keep lying. Now this amnesty. I find the resemblance shocking to say the least. 

Both sides lying in face of all the evidence and truth. As a smart person I hate being lied too like this. For me its a huge insult. 

You claim to support justice and 'don't trust any of them' but you vociferously backed a military coup against an elected government because, as your post history shows, you have an unhealthy obsession against Thaksin. 

The fact that you still do not understand military coups erode democratic freedoms and the rule of law resulting in authoritarianism and widespread corruption is ironic. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Nothing would be surprising about anything that happens in Thailand. The unelected PM has already been responsible for many deaths by holding back vaccines.

So as of today there have been (per Wikipedia) 6204 covid related deaths in Thailand. So someone in either a criminal or civil case would have to be able to prove these deaths on a case-by-case basis are specifically related to the 'holding back (of) vaccines'.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, billd766 said:

Of course they can. They can always tear up the constitution and write a new one. That happens after every military coup.

Problem being under current laws cannot happen, they are entrenched if an election held so,  need another coup, (coups are not elections) before a new constitution can be drawn up just before the next attempted coup. It has been circular for years.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, robblok said:

Very true Rob, but anything would be better than this unelected PM and his generals.

15 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You claim to support justice and 'don't trust any of them' but you vociferously backed a military coup against an elected government because, as your post history shows, you have an unhealthy obsession against Thaksin. 

The fact that you still do not understand military coups erode democratic freedoms and the rule of law resulting in authoritarianism and widespread corruption is ironic. 

You have an unheathy support of him anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows he is a crook just like the junta. Neither deserve support yet you seem happy to do so. 

A democracy only works when there are good parties to choose from. The PTP is an exact clone of the junta and vice versa. So how is voting going to make things better. You are an idealist but democracies often don't function in countries like this. I don't suggest a military goverment just suggest that a democracy should not be the goal but results and less corruption. If a democracy does that great if not why use it. Right now a democracy would result in the same leadership style and lies and corruption a clear sign it does not work well. 

Just now, possum1931 said:

Very true Rob, but anything would be better than this unelected PM and his generals.

I said it before if i have to choose between two evils i rather not choose at all so i support neither. I will never ever support Thaksin nor will I ever again support the junta.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, robblok said:

You have an unheathy support of him anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows he is a crook just like the junta. Neither deserve support yet you seem happy to do so. 

A democracy only works when there are good parties to choose from. The PTP is an exact clone of the junta and vice versa. So how is voting going to make things better. You are an idealist but democracies often don't function in countries like this. I don't suggest a military goverment just suggest that a democracy should not be the goal but results and less corruption. If a democracy does that great if not why use it. Right now a democracy would result in the same leadership style and lies and corruption a clear sign it does not work well. 

There's a simple and practical answer: it's about intent and possibility.

We all agree that they are all crooks by intent and ethically not so different. However an unelected government relying on gun power has far more possibilities for corruption and abuse of power than an elected government which is subject to some (albeit imperfect) control. This all the more true in Thailand where the judiciary is characterised by an obvious political colour.

As about democracy, it's subject to a learning process. Few democratic systems have been perfect from the start, they have evolved from a learning process. This learning process has always been made impossible by the multiple coups which occurred.

In Florida a woman is suing the governor gives the governor is saying send your kids to school without a mask here in Thailand the leaders don’t wanna take responsibility whatsoever for a terrible job they did with the rollout for that matter anything else they do here they won’t complete amnesty how ridiculous is this a pathetic no shame in these type politicians that’s for sure TIT