Government plans amnesty bill for the leaders that decided Thailand’s vaccination plan

webfact

6 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

There is one hope, a future, properly elected, government, overturns these "amnesty" laws, and prosecutes the guilty.

That will not occur as the guaranteed places in the parliament for the military appointees is enshrined in legislation, so any future election cannot get rid of all the regime.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Obviously most of you on here have no idea what actually happened.

The decisions made on vaccine supply & delays in ordering from overseas came from 

way above the Health Minister & PM's head

Reliable source?

Or just the usual bla bla, aka BS?

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, natway09 said:

Obviously most of you on here have no idea what actually happened.

The decisions made on vaccine supply & delays in ordering from overseas came from 

way above the Health Minister & PM's head

This is confirmed by whom? Proof is found where?

• Like 2

Anutin defends amnesty bill, says necessary to protect doctors

Right, seem to have heard this excuse before about an other amnesty. It was also not made for Thaksin nobody believed that and nobody will believe this. Its scary how similar Thaksin clones and the Prayut government are. 

YL did not pull it off, lets hope the generals can't pull it off either. If Anutin and Prayut were honest they would exclude themselves from this law. That is as likely as hell freezing over.

• Like 2

So this is part of the current Thai civil law -- Wrongful Acts

Section 420.
A person who, willfully or negligently, unlawfully injures the life, body, health, liberty, property or any right of another person, is said to commit a wrongful act and is bound to make compensation therefore.

If there was no amnesty to the upper level honchos, you think a case in court would stick?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

And how all the ultra royalists and the yellow shirts screamed and  took to the streets and rioted over that over that. I wonder if they will do the same for this lot?

Actually I was pro junta and against that amnesty just like I am against this amnesty. An amnesty is wrong period no matter what side. But its really the epitome of hypocrisy for this government to do this after having removed the Thaksin clone for doing the same (among other things). 

I hope this never comes to pass but given that this government has more power it just might ????

Its amazing how similar the two governments are both think the populace is stupid and pretend the amnesty is not there for certain persons but for general benefit.  While everyone knows that YL wanted Thaksin free and this is just to protect Prayut and Anutin. 

Edited by robblok

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

And how all the ultra royalists and the yellow shirts screamed and  took to the streets and rioted over that over that. I wonder if they will do the same for this lot?

Blind loyalty is a powerful elixir - regardless of where it manifest.

• Like 2

A post with content copied from the NYT has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

1 minute ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Well, I really hope you've learned your lesson. The only chance for Thailand to evolve is for the cycle of coups to be broken.

The lesson i learned is that they are all crooked, and you can't evolve when everyone is crooked. Don't you find it scary how much they all have the same mistakes and same disrespect of the populace. 

I just don't support anyone anymore (perhaps future forward) because all of them are big crooks PTP or Junta. No matter who they all do the same stuff.