Attempts to Restore Tourists’ Confidence in Phuket

webfact

On 8/13/2021 at 3:33 PM, Nabby said:

OK, and in the meantime, why don't you start paying the bar staff their lost salaries. 

Yep. I see this problem over and over on here. A bunch of retired guys on pensions demanding that we stay locked down. It’s basically like standing in the middle of a public street, ripping off your shirt and yelling “ME! It’s all about me. Just me!”

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 6:48 AM, richard_smith237 said:

It's tragic that a lady was murdered in this way - But, most tourists will not draw the conclusion that one indicent makes a whole island unsafe and prevent them from travelling. 

However, what does prevent tourists from travelling in the first place or from returning are: 

- Extremely poor consistency with SandBox regulations. 

- Extremely poor consistency of ‘regulations’ in general (tourists don’t want to go to an island where they can’t have a beer with dinner). 

- Unintelligent regulations (i.e. Banning people going to beaches / closing restaurants after 9pm / closing hotel swimming pools etc)

Then there are the repeated issues.

- Taxi  / TukTuk rip offs and scams.

- Double pricing.

- Crappy safety infrastructure  

How many times after the Tsunami did we hear (from the Governor) we will not allow the mafia to regain a foothold, well, they regained a foot hold and the same issues continued - Tourists getting ripped off and attacked when they complained about it. 

can't make a silk purse...

8 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

many silly questions from ignorant negative folk, which answer is YES.

Beaches, Forests, Malls, Temples, Restaurants, Resorts are OPEN, with few people so increasing the attraction for many, esp.Family.

Nightclubs, Bars, Live Music, Golf, Diving Tours, Sailing Tours CLOSED.

Sandbox was a necessary cautious exploratory START, with Lessons Learned, nothing more. Unfortunate that Govt. did not just state that but instead foolishly & publicly aimed for unattainable Success & Targets …….. both impossible when NOBODY CAN KNOW the Experiment outcome…..

Diving tours are not closed, running every day. But yes, limited to Phuket province sites at the moment, so no trips to phi phi.

And yes, it is a necessary cautious start, totally agree.

• Thanks 1

right, so add Diving & I think Golf now to Phuket Open Tourist Attractions.

seen small Dive groups operating off Beaches but unaware limited Dive Boats operating too……

plenty of reasons to vacation in Phuket, including high vax rate here. 

IF you can tolerate the Sandbox Travel / Restrictions / Process / Risks.

Clearly and Understandably, as expected, the vast majority of potential tourists will stay away for now but lets see what happens in Oct, start of (former) High Season…start of western cold weather…..

• Like 1