Kids will be safer in "Sandbox Schools" - pilot project set to start nationwide next week

webfact

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

"Children will be safer in Sandbox Schools than they would be at home".

How can being in a school with two or three thousand other kids possibly be safer than at home with a handful of family members.

Are all teachers going to be given a couple of Pfizers shot to protect them from the exposure and for westerners insurance cover from their employers to fully cover against covid.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

What I gather, this sandbox school basically means vaccinated teachers, antigen tests every 2-4w anf mRNA Vaccine to kids above 12.

Where does it say kids are going to sleep in the school? 

According to that they say it will be a safer environment for the children one would assume so. Otherwise they would be home anyway and the whole concept would fall on that.

34 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

What I gather, this sandbox school basically means vaccinated teachers, antigen tests every 2-4w anf mRNA Vaccine to kids above 12.

Where does it say kids are going to sleep in the school? 

It was sarcasm, how do you keep them from spreading a virus if their community itself is not isolated and they catch it from dad or mom who got it from work etc...you would have to bubble and seal the entire community etc....not possible in the Metropolitan Bangkok Area.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It was sarcasm, how do you keep them from spreading a virus if their community itself is not isolated and they catch it from dad or mom who got it from work etc...you would have to bubble and seal the entire community etc....not possible in the Metropolitan Bangkok Area.

Yet another idea they haven't thought through... doomed to fail.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like they've just added the word "Sandbox" for effect.

The teachers have been vaccinated and they will test the kids. But there is no sandbox (unless the kids, teachers and other staff are all going to be sealed in the school for long periods).

• Haha 1

As any idea they have they like to just throw it at a wall and see if it sticks before deciding to move on without saying anything more about it and coming up with a new plan.  Makes me wonder if anyone kept a running total on the tourism proposed schemes they came up with so far to date since the Closure due to Covid.

• Haha 1

it can work at boarding schools (if there are any in thailand), if they manege to keep pupils from one class separate from the others.

Or tutoring at some resort in the countryside - a small group of pupils with one teacher for a month or two working for exams.

Both options for rich kids.

The super rich kids are studying in the UK and taking pfizer allocated to foreigners in thailand

• Like 1

"Children aged 12 plus with underlying health conditions will be vaccinated using mRNA vax if doctors deem them able to have it."

Clever way to peel off more Pfizer jabs for well to do kids at international schools.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Under the plan there will be a bubble and seal approach, strict limits on who can go in and out of school campuses, and tests using Antigen Test Kits of students, teachers and other school staff every two or four weeks.

So far anything to do with a "sandbox scheme or "bubble & seal scheme" has failed... 

I guess they'll keep trying until it works, instead of trying a better approach.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Emdog said:

"Children aged 12 plus with underlying health conditions will be vaccinated using mRNA vax if doctors deem them able to have it."

Clever way to peel off more Pfizer jabs for well to do kids at international schools.

One of the Underlying health conditions with Covid is Obesity. I guess they'll have to vaccinate with Pfizer about 80% of the rich kids. 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Thats not going to work.

Children and teens can catch the Delta variant.

As much as I want school to start I'm not going to risk my daughter getting COVID-19.

There's always going to be some risk but the vast majority of kids are not severely affected. That said, I can totally understand parents who wouldn't want to risk it, especially if they have vulnerable, unvaccinated adults at home. Every parent needs to make their own decision. But at least open the schools (soon) so we all have a choice.

• Like 1

What's the hurry? It's not like they are actually learning anything useful at school, except maybe how to wai, what a proper haircut should be, having a gazillion uniforms for the week and always pay respect to... 

Their health is more important than that. 

Edited by djayz
  • Haha 1