Thailand vaccine rollout finally picking up pace - media publishes 10 stats you need to know

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The first 10 million took 124 days but the second 10 million took just 36 days (a near three and a half times improvement).

Come on, keep up the good work and maybe you can do the third 10 million doses in just 10 days, which would also be three and a half times improvement!

• Like 1

way to go - another 80% of target group to be vaccinated.

please don't count this 48% sinovac - not working for delta.

and they are moving goalposts - increasing herd immunity from 70% to 85% or higher.

At some stage vaccinating kids - at least those with underlying (there are few over 100kg, but many with 35 body mass index.

And giving booster to all sinovac takers 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SmartyMarty said:

Here’s hoping Anutin didn’t produce these figures. A slow start but now gathering pace thanks to the millions who have cried out and criticised those in charge.

Slow start that is now costing lives .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Being less effective is not the same thing as ineffective. I remember when Sinovac was being denounced after one study showed it had a 51% effectiveness, but when a study showed that the Biontech-Pfizer vaccine had a 39% effectiveness against the delta variant, that doesn't seem to have figured in the thinking of those clamoring for that vaccine. There have been no large scale clinical studies released on the effectiveness of Sinovac in preventing serious symptoms and death in those infected with the Delta variant. What is so hard to understand about that?

WHO validates Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use and issues interim policy recommendations

Vaccine efficacy results showed that the vaccine prevented symptomatic disease in 51% of those vaccinated and prevented severe COVID-19 and hospitalization in 100% of the studied population.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

9. Vaccine can reduce the amount of death. A study of 819 who died from Covid-19 showed that 74.5% had not been vaxxed at all and only two cases had had two doses. 

Source?  We hear that all the time especially from politicians.  Personally I'd like to see the study and source data.

China has donated one million Sinovac, Japan 1.05 million AZ, Britain 0.42 AZ, and US 1.5 million doses of Pfizer.

How much J&J did the French donate for their citizens?

How much ?? did the Swiss donate for their citizens?

How much Sinovac did the Chinese donate specifically for their citizens (or is that included in above figure?)?

Make mention that the Aussies donated $68 million for Covid related something.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

I doubt the authors know what/where Issan is. I live here and I know of no one who has had a vax. I am sure there are some....somewhere.....

I know many foreigners who have had it, Central Khon Kaen mostly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I know many foreigners who have had it, Central Khon Kaen mostly. 

My gf and her family far out in Isaan have all been jabbed and second appointment booked. No problem at all. 

Of course they are not telling the Centres which one they should be getting and picking and choosing and whinging when it’s unavailable which probably makes a difference. 

Fantastic effort from all involved so far. 500,000 plus a day takes some doing. 

Has 30 million available

That’s odd. Some posters keep saying there’s only 10 million. 

Keep up the good work. Things will improve soon. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

My gf and her family far out in Isaan have all been jabbed and second appointment booked. No problem at all. 

Of course they are not telling the Centres which one they should be getting and picking and choosing and whinging when it’s unavailable which probably makes a difference. 

Fantastic effort from all involved so far. 500,000 plus a day takes some doing. 

Has 30 million available

That’s odd. Some posters keep saying there’s only 10 million. 

Keep up the good work. Things will improve soon. 

Not odd at all. Those posters are quoting the officials, see link below, and the 30 million quoted in the OP is the total amount so far since the start of the roll out including the stock for August.

10 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines, mainly AstraZeneca and Sinovac, will be distributed across Thailand in August, with Bangkok receiving 1.25 million, according to the Public Health Ministry.

• Like 1