Medpark Pfizer Experience August 10.

Chomper Higgot

17 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

Happy for Bangkok all, including compatriots. In Chiang Mai ... American, age 74, documented heart issues. Registered, document submitted, successful registration confirmed .    Crickets ...

CM is a Sinovac dumping place. 

but if rather to pay:
https://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/news-activities/booking-of-alternative-vaccine/

8 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Your statement can apply to all of Thailand as Sinovac was the planned vaccine by the government. While the paid Moderna (referring to the announcement of Bangkok Hospital) would also meet with my Cardiologist's approval, the first choice is Pfizer for both medical and economic reasons. I await contact concerning my successful registration for American donated Pfizer.

And the vaccine landscape may be changing yet again:

Moderna may be superior to Pfizer against Delta; breakthrough odds rise with time

The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer (PFE.N) and BioNTech (22UAy.DE) may be less effective than Moderna's against the Delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review.

In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the Delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said.

While both vaccines remain effective at preventing COVID hospitalization, a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year, said Dr. Venky Soundararajan of Massachusetts data analytics company nference, who led the Mayo study.

(more)

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/moderna-may-be-superior-pfizer-against-delta-breakthrough-odds-rise-with-time-2021-08-09/

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

When you have completed the course, there's about a 99% probability you won't die nor end up in a hospital. For me, that's a huge relief. Though I still wear a mask and social distance.

Congrats!

Good for you J. ????

I'm booked for Monday next. Same experience with registration as others - no confirmation email was received, however I emailed Medpark after 4 days and received a confirmation and important details.

It's worth noting that vaccination does not prevent you from acquiring the virus so you can still spread it if you don't continue to observe social distancing, mask-wearing etc.

The huge advantage is (as noted by a member above) that sickness and one's risk of dying is very much minimised.

5 minutes ago, Halfaboy said:

Any info on the parking options at- or near the Medpark Hospital ?

I used the hospital car park ( multi story ) but also:

From MedPark website:

1. For those who are driving to the hospital, MedPark has arranged for free 3-hour parking at the adjacent The PARQ located only 30 meters from the hospital. From The PARQ, please exit from G level by the Starbucks or KFC exit and proceed to the hospital via a short walk. Kindly note, parking at The PARQ will be closed at 20.00 hrs. Therefore, please park at the hospital if your appointment is scheduled from 17.00 hrs onwards.
  • Thanks 1

Just a note for people on Moderna: There are 2 kinds of Moderna vax - the current one developed for the original virus; and a new one developed as defence against all the recent variants.

Australia has just ordered 10 million of the former for Sep-Dec, and 15 million of the latter for delivery next Jan to be used mostly as booster.

• Like 2

Nice to hear so many good things about the hospital procedure. I am due mine on Monday and the appointment is for 11.00 a.m. but judging from previous comments would it be fair to say that the appointment system is no longer valid and one can basically turn up as and when?

Also, from others previous experience, if the appointment system is still holding can someone advise me of a sensible time to arrive for the said time of 11.00.

Many thanks to all for this useful post. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, narisarasgroove said:

Nice to hear so many good things about the hospital procedure. I am due mine on Monday and the appointment is for 11.00 a.m. but judging from previous comments would it be fair to say that the appointment system is no longer valid and one can basically turn up as and when?

Also, from others previous experience, if the appointment system is still holding can someone advise me of a sensible time to arrive for the said time of 11.00.

Many thanks to all for this useful post. 

My advice is get there before 8:00am.

I’d actually go this week if you can, they won’t cancel your appointment for turning up early.

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My advice is get there before 8:00am.

I’d actually go this week if you can, they won’t cancel your appointment for turning up early.

Thanks Chomper. Depending on my daughter to drive me so will have to see what happens on that score.

Also meant to ask, are they doing vaccinations at the weekend as Saturday is a good option for me.

Cheers.

Edited by narisarasgroove
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, narisarasgroove said:

Thanks Chomper. Depending on my daughter to drive me so will have to see what happens on that score.

Also meant to ask, are they doing vaccinations at the weekend as Saturday is a good option for me.

Cheers.

There is a post on this thread ( page 1 3/4 of the way down ) from poster @Jen65, who has an appointment slot on Sat 14th .

You could pm him for confirmation.

Also agree with Chomper, if you have an appointment already you can turn up anytime, from the reports the overcrowding on the 10th now seems to be much less.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scotsman said:

Today I went to Medpark hospital at 12.00 in the morning taxi from Pattaya there and back no checks.

My appointment was for 1.00pm to 1.30pm so I got there early. It was not busy and very helpful staff I was offered Astrazeneca or Sinovac so I told her Astrazeneca.

Then a nice lady told where to go, Up this flight of stairs  then into a room full of seats in a row and told me where to sit. They did not wait long enough for me to rest after walking up the stairs and from my taxi journey to take my blood pressure so it was slightly high.  When I got to the desk to fill in the paperwork they asked me if I has hypertension I said no as it was normal in the morning check before I left.  After my injection I waited in a nice chair until my 30 min was up.

I was then taken to get my blood pressure taken again this time it was back to normal and was well again. I was given my next appointment for Nov and that was me finished. 

Regards 

Scotsman  

What did the taxi cost you and who did u use please?

• Like 1