Bangkok protests: Police box set ablaze as rubber bullets, tear gas and water cannon deployed

webfact

1 hour ago, champers said:

I wouldn't be doing any mustering up if I were you. Stick to watching it on the telly.

Let's all hope for restraint on all sides where violent force is concerned. Tanks and guns v ping-pong bombs and molotov cocktails: Tanks and guns would have a very bloody  and deadly win.

Nah. It won't happen. This is not Burma. Thaikand is a wodenooen book at this time. The world knows what they are doing. At least some of it. The moment the army started taking out it's own, Moms would be on the phone with their sons. You take out one more Thai, and this family disowns you. Period. At that point, best case scenario is hundreds of thousands of soldiers defect. Game over. 

22 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. It won't happen. This is not Burma. Thaikand is a wodenooen book at this time. The world knows what they are doing. At least some of it. The moment the army started taking out it's own, Moms would be on the phone with their sons. You take out one more Thai, and this family disowns you. Period. At that point, best case scenario is hundreds of thousands of soldiers defect. Game over. 

The ideal scenario would be as you state. A leader to rally round is required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/12/2021 at 12:54 AM, spidermike007 said:

It's OK to dream.

Have you ever served in the military? Doesn't seem so from what you wrote about soldiers defecting.

8 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's OK to dream.

Have you ever served in the military? Doesn't seem so from what you wrote about soldiers defecting.

No, I have not. But, if the military were to ask the soldiers to start taking out their own here, at this time, I have my doubts if the orders would be carried out.