Travel to NZ?

Gandtee

Other than countries that are completely closed it is one of the top 3 strictest in the world.

Unless you meet requirements of entry you probably wont be going to NZ for many years.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions/entry-to-new-zealand/critical-purpose-reasons-you-can-travel-to-new-zealand

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Other than countries that are completely closed it is one of the top 3 strictest in the world.

Unless you meet requirements of entry you probably wont be going to NZ for many years.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/about-us/covid-19/border-closures-and-exceptions/entry-to-new-zealand/critical-purpose-reasons-you-can-travel-to-new-zealand

At 87 that's encouraging.???? Thanks for the reply.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Get married to a NZ citizen or apply for graduate school?

Sail there on a yacht? One guy did that to get into Japan,

There is always a way.

I'm already married and not that desperate. I like the yacht idea.????

• Like 1

i am going to nz in 2 weeks time

took 2 months to get a visa then another 10 weeks to get a place in the quarantine hotel  

so my 6 months visa  is actuely lexs than 4 months valid 

burochy  of nz  immergration  

+u pay 6000dollar new zealand for this 14 day quarantine and you do not know till you arrive what hotel you go to

it is not an easy task  this is the second time  i go both times must wait and wait for documents  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikecha said:

i am going to nz in 2 weeks time

took 2 months to get a visa then another 10 weeks to get a place in the quarantine hotel  

so my 6 months visa  is actuely lexs than 4 months valid 

burochy  of nz  immergration  

+u pay 6000dollar new zealand for this 14 day quarantine and you do not know till you arrive what hotel you go to

it is not an easy task  this is the second time  i go both times must wait and wait for documents  

I think they are a bit overwhelmed with the number of Kiwis returning / other people and residents trying to get back in. I'm an NZ citizen, and even I can't be bothered trying to get back in.

• Like 1

Why even consider? Streets teeming with mongrel mob and a myriad of other crims. I first thought the US was THE country with a serious obesity issue... stepping foot in NZ changed my mind forever and ever. The quality and character of housing... there's something Gandalf-ish... Frodo-ish about their concept of homes meant for human beings ????

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Why even consider? Streets teeming with mongrel mob and a myriad of other crims. I first thought the US was THE country with a serious obesity issue... stepping foot in NZ changed my mind forever and ever. The quality and character of housing... there's something Gandalf-ish... Frodo-ish about their concept of homes meant for human beings ????

So you didn't like it?????

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

The size of Maoris is due in part to the genetics as Polynesians. Obesity is a huge problem in western countries though so good-on-ya' bringing up the subject! I visiting England and America in the last few years I was once again saddened by the amount of obesity I saw - plague proportions! Add to Maori genes western diets and yeah they get big but Kiwis are very, big mesomorphic people by nature. Being big in some Polynesian cultures is a sign of wealth/status, happiness, and connection. As for mobs, depends where you go. I have always found Kiwis to be very warm and kind people especially Maoris covered in family and tribal tattoos. As for "crims" I'd much rather walk around in NZ than any US city or town. Auckland has some really rough neighbourhoods while Queenstown and Christchurch are two examples of beautiful peaceful places. As to their houses, they are of an 'Englishy' styles and traditions with similar social norms and laws around land plot sizes etc coming into play - although now the building scene is becoming far more contemporary with some awesome builders and homes being built all over NZ (my second cousin is one of these nouveau builders ☺️). The older guard in NZ has begun to wain and with people like Jacinta in the halls of power Kiwis are even more-so very forward, practical,. pragmatic, realistic, adventurous, authentic people. Remember for many months of the year it's a very cold windy country so houses have been built to purpose and what was the budget for most Kiwis in the past. I find English houses terrible to live n move around in coming from open plan large room and floor plan space living, but for their weather homes are practical.  

2 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

The size of Maoris is due in part to the genetics as Polynesians. Obesity is a huge problem in western countries though so good-on-ya' bringing up the subject! I visiting England and America in the last few years I was once again saddened by the amount of obesity I saw - plague proportions! Add to Maori genes western diets and yeah they get big but Kiwis are very, big mesomorphic people by nature. Being big in some Polynesian cultures is a sign of wealth/status, happiness, and connection. As for mobs, depends where you go. I have always found Kiwis to be very warm and kind people especially Maoris covered in family and tribal tattoos. As for "crims" I'd much rather walk around in NZ than any US city or town. Auckland has some really rough neighbourhoods while Queenstown and Christchurch are two examples of beautiful peaceful places. As to their houses, they are of an 'Englishy' styles and traditions with similar social norms and laws around land plot sizes etc coming into play - although now the building scene is becoming far more contemporary with some awesome builders and homes being built all over NZ (my second cousin is one of these nouveau builders ☺️). The older guard in NZ has begun to wain and with people like Jacinta in the halls of power Kiwis are even more-so very forward, practical,. pragmatic, realistic, adventurous, authentic people. Remember for many months of the year it's a very cold windy country so houses have been built to purpose and what was the budget for most Kiwis in the past. I find English houses terrible to live n move around in coming from open plan large room and floor plan space living, but for their weather homes are practical.  

An unbiased common sense observation and very accurate. I was amazed at how quickly the country was developed when you consider that many of the materials had to be imported. As for the inane mongrel comment, I suggest Tropposufer look at his own bloodline.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, MarleyMarl said:

I think they are a bit overwhelmed with the number of Kiwis returning / other people and residents trying to get back in. I'm an NZ citizen, and even I can't be bothered trying to get back in.

I have a question about NZ citizens who might be trying to leave NZ in order to travel to Thailand.  Do you have any info about this?  I.e., is the process extremely difficult and time consuming, due to NZ rules and regs, or is it easy to leave NZ at this time?  Thank you.

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have a question about NZ citizens who might be trying to leave NZ in order to travel to Thailand.  Do you have any info about this?  I.e., is the process extremely difficult and time consuming, due to NZ rules and regs, or is it easy to leave NZ at this time?  Thank you.

It is easy to leave NZ. Just buy a ticket and you can leave. Getting in to Thailand is not too difficult - a friend flew out from Auckland to Bangkok two weeks ago on Singapore Airlines which had an 11-hour stopover at Changi Airport. He said dealing with the Thai embassy in Wellington relatively straightforward. He just got annoyed at the cost of COVID tests prior to departure.

To answer the OP's original question about traveling to NZ, only New Zealand citizens and resident holders can travel to New Zealand at this time (and maybe Australia citizens too?). For everyone else, you need a compelling reason which could be anything from humanitarian grounds to a job offer in NZ. In a nutshell, it's complicated and not particularly easy.

On 8/12/2021 at 9:03 AM, mvdf said:

It is a very beautiful country..top of the shelf landscape. I traveled extensively both islands, definitely would be back there after the covid. One of the few countries in the world not to be skipped by the avid travelers.

• Like 1