Alternative To TrueVisions in Phuket?

JetsetBkk

1 minute ago, beechbum said:

No I'm not, I'm saying it's not the same as it was previously, now they only have 1 server, they used to have 3 so if any problems were encountered it was easy to switch to a different server.

Ah, Ok.   Yes, there were servers in different locations that you could change between.   Not had an issue for such a long time I didn't know there was now one.   Must be a good one wherever it is.   ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Is that the same one that was shut down by the Thai authorities a few years ago?   I seem to remember an Expat TV that was, and a lot of people lost their money.

Not sure, think it may be different, I still use pulse but have only heard good things about xpat and will change over when my subscription runs out this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

I am waiting myself to see about Premiership football which is shown to be on various channels, as none of them have exclusivity. But all games for this season I think are covered.

Every premier league game is shown on Pulse. What they do is add additional channels at the foot of the sports section on the day so if your side isn't on Sky or BT scroll down and you'll find them. If you don't see a sequence of games listed just reboot and they will appear.

ive just got a new box - cheeky sods charged me 3,500 - and I don't see the French and German channels anymore and playback is as its always been around 24 hours. Unaware of v2.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Is that the same one that was shut down by the Thai authorities a few years ago?   I seem to remember an Expat TV that was, and a lot of people lost their money.

Expat has so many channels it's incredible, everything pulse has x 100!

All the sport ++

Also has Netflix, Disney and similar.

It's on another level.

Edited by beechbum
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mahseer said:

Every premier league game is shown on Pulse. What they do is add additional channels at the foot of the sports section on the day so if your side isn't on Sky or BT scroll down and you'll find them. If you don't see a sequence of games listed just reboot and they will appear.

ive just got a new box - cheeky sods charged me 3,500 - and I don't see the French and German channels anymore and playback is as its always been around 24 hours. Unaware of v2.

I just checked also and see the French and German channels have disappeared, just leaving the UK and Australian.   Case of supply and demand I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beechbum said:

Expat has so many channels it's incredible, everything pulse has x 100!

Also has Netflix, Disney and similar.

It's on another level.

I just Google'd Expat TV and the first thing that jumped up was this:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chercheur888 said:

A name is a just that, a name. Not that I NEED French or German channels, but I choose Pulse a few years ago because they have them. (Most of the time????)

Yes, I agree - it's just a name. I haven't been on a plane in nearly 18 years and I don't live in Bkk.  ????

32 minutes ago, bbabythai said:

I cant believe anyone living in thailand would still be using 'true'. 

Netflix is the go. I also watch apple tv

Yes, I also watch Netflix. 

But True is like "boiling frogs". Over time, it gets worse and more expensive and you just go along with it. I doubt I would've signed up for the first time today, knowing what the alternatives are.

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

3BB is easy and cheap. True vision made cancelling from them as hard as possible.

Yo Total, Yeah the SOB"S love ya' when your payin' but when ya find something better don't they just turn and hide in the fine print lol ????

17 hours ago, pagallim said:

I've had Pulse for more than 5 years now, get every UK channel live with 24 hours catch up, plus Australian, French and German channels.   A very large movie and TV series library is included, and on-line 'Chat' support during normal working hours if you need it.   Less than half the price of True, and you can have it on 4 devices.   I have it wirelessly to a box then HDMI to my main TV, on my computer, and via an app on my phone, with one spare.   Virtually every channel in HD.   A photo I've just taken of what I'm watching at the moment and one of "Celebrity Masterchef" from last night which I'm watching.

20210811_142417.thumb.jpg.3f5f472c71dda81ae32b2cf701fbc5b0.jpg

20210811_143703.jpg

The Surgeon General advises if a person finds themselves either thinking about, searching with the remote for, or actually watching CMC that they turn off the device immediately and seek medical assistance lol ???? 

4 hours ago, PeachCH said:

For me does EuroTV the job. Beside CNN and BBC, 60 channels from Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Can watch 3 weeks back. Monthly 30 US Dollar. 

Thanks - another one for me to check out!

Because True have been screwing me for 27,700 per year, after I cancel and go for, say, Pulse-TV I'll still have 17,700 to play with! ???? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pagallim said:

It was 365 Sport. I used it for about five years (it was very good) and suddenly one day it was gone  some time in 2016. I made it just a few days before renewing my subscription.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, LivinginKata said:

I cancelled the cable TV service months ago. I bought a Roku box from Lazada and I can watch most of what I got on cable.

Also you might consider 3BBs box. Right now they are offering for a year free thereafter I think it's just 109 baht/month. We got one just too see what it does.  Quite good. In future when we get guests back will be installing in each apartment.

23 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

3BB is easy and cheap. True vision made cancelling from them as hard as possible.

21 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

My contract (27,700?) expires end of next month. I want to get this sorted before then. 

It's not that I can't afford it, it's just that I am so ----ed off with their support and program selections that I don't want to make them any richer.

ADDED: I am in Bangkok. You appear to be in Phuket.
I assume 3BB have similar services there.

I am just switching from true to 3BB. They have what looks like a fantastic offer at present.
Most posts don't seem to mention the internet connection.
I presume you will also want that to change from TRUE.

The 3BB GIGATV current offer is fibre 1Gbps / 500Mbps plus additions in tv for monthly 700 B(+VAT) 24 month contract. 800 B (+VAT) for 12 month contract. Joining Fee 856 Baht, the router and 3BB box will be free (return at end of service) and supposed to be free installation. This assumes that the fibre is already connected to your building /condo. Mine is ok.
From what I see, I think that I should be able to load into the Box other apps that I have to get extra services.
I currently have an android box with them. Will try to add what I want to the 3BB box.
Installation tomorrow in Klongtoey. I can let you know then how it goes for all up cost.

Edited by jojothai

I'm still using True Satellite and really just for the Premier league coverage but as mentioned earlier by some their service and channel choices are absolutely rubbish.

I'm told by 3BB that I have their fastest download package available but most games that I try to watch through a streaming service almost continually buffer/lag.

1 minute ago, ThaiCelt said:

I'm still using True Satellite and really just for the Premier league coverage but as mentioned earlier by some their service and channel choices are absolutely rubbish.

I'm told by 3BB that I have their fastest download package available but most games that I try to watch through a streaming service almost continually buffer/lag.

Are you using a VPN?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThaiCelt said:

Do you have the hd prime app loaded onto an android box or smart tv?

Do you try switching server. Sometimes the European server gives better reception than thai server, and vice versa.
If on 1080 resolution Try Sometimes switch down to 480 or 720  can help.

I have had hdprime a long time and used my laptop for a few years. Working overseas etc.
The service used to be a problem buffering a lot. Switching server and resolution could help a lot.

The last year or so, i now have the hdprime app on an android box and on a smart tv.
It works far better than it used to be through the pc / laptop. 

ADDED: I do not need a VPN for it.

Edited by jojothai
add info

Hi, Thx for the suggestions, on my Smart TV I just connect through their website, the same on my laptop and phone, I have tried lower resolutions and their different servers but to no avail unfortunately, I used to have their box but found I was getting the same results when I just logged on to their website, perhaps I need to return to their box through the VPN.

I detest dealing with True but at this point and being an avid football fan it seems I have to pay the price!

I think what may be the root cause is that I'm not really getting what I pay for with 3BB.

Again many thanks for the help.

I Moved away from HD Prime due to consistent buffering issues and no helpdesk to speak of.

I have now an excellent package, don't want to mention a name here, for 100 GBP a year, Ultimate with many channels, all sports I can think off, all languages, and support.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

I Moved away from HD Prime due to consistent buffering issues and no helpdesk to speak of.

I have now an excellent package, don't want to mention a name here, for 100 GBP a year, Ultimate with many channels, all sports I can think off, all languages, and support.

I guess it's all about just having the Channels that you want, I get all I need from Beinsport(free) F1, Golf,Tennis, MMA on Foxdports, ITV 1 and 2 , CNN, BBC1 and World news, plus top films, also a few Discovery channels etc. its all I need.

Edited by Badrabbit

Get yourself an Android box (B1500 for 4k 4GB/64GB) or install BlueStacks 5 in Windows 10 pc.

Buy a sub to https://bestiptvuk.me/ for £60/yr with cheap prices additional boxes.

and if you doubt  me, they do a 6 hour free trial no cc required, accept PayPal for the sub.

Ask for them to set you up with their BestIPTV FLIX app superb and I do not jest.

Sit back and enjoy hundreds of Live TV channels with between 3 & 7 days catch-up.

When settled, install TiviMate and you will never look back:)

Any issues and they have a Discord channel but support is not 24/7 but who needs support.

p.s. You can PM me for any questions.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jojothai said:

I am just switching from true to 3BB. They have what looks like a fantastic offer at present.
Most posts don't seem to mention the internet connection.
I presume you will also want that to change from TRUE.

I'm on DTAC phone and 3BB Internet. I'll look into what 3BB have to offer re. TV as both my TVs have 3 HDMI inputs - so I can connect more than one box.

I also have Rawai cable connected to my TVs' antenna inputs - only 2,500 a year, but better than looking at a black screen when TrueVisions has a problem. I'll probably get rid of that when I sort out the other options.

6 hours ago, ThaiCelt said:

I'm on 3BB Phuket. My package is 1000/500Mbps. My speed just now - I should be OK:

134825725_3BBFASTsmall.jpg.d6696672410dd5e973c347b7186425fb.jpg

• Like 1