Alternative To TrueVisions in Phuket?

JetsetBkk

6 hours ago, ThaiCelt said:

I'm still using True Satellite and really just for the Premier league coverage but as mentioned earlier by some their service and channel choices are absolutely rubbish.

I'm told by 3BB that I have their fastest download package available but most games that I try to watch through a streaming service almost continually buffer/lag.

6 hours ago, jojothai said:

ADDED: I am in Bangkok. You appear to be in Phuket.
I assume 3BB have similar services there.

I am just switching from true to 3BB. They have what looks like a fantastic offer at present.
Most posts don't seem to mention the internet connection.
I presume you will also want that to change from TRUE.

The 3BB GIGATV current offer is fibre 1Gbps / 500Mbps plus additions in tv for monthly 700 B(+VAT) 24 month contract. 800 B (+VAT) for 12 month contract. Joining Fee 856 Baht, the router and 3BB box will be free (return at end of service) and supposed to be free installation. This assumes that the fibre is already connected to your building /condo. Mine is ok.
From what I see, I think that I should be able to load into the Box other apps that I have to get extra services.
I currently have an android box with them. Will try to add what I want to the 3BB box.
Installation tomorrow in Klongtoey. I can let you know then how it goes for all up cost.

Try my suggestion above and I am sure you will not have any regrets.

Their app that I recommended has a 10 minute buffer on catch-up.

So there is no confusion let me explain in a little more detail.

Imagine filling a plastic water bottle with a small hole in the bottom. If the water feed input is faster than the hole outlet the bottle fills until full. Turn off the water supply and the bottle empties. Turn on the water supply again and the bottle restarts filling.

This is exactly how their 10 minute buffer works. When the buffer is full you can turn off your Internet connection and continue to watch your stream until the buffer is empty. No more stuttering or freezes due to a poor Internet connection.

I have also implemented a similar scenario that works with TiviMate, VLC and a Live feed. PM for details and best of all, if you are a fan of the 'Beautiful Game'.....

Most of their users are footie fans and they really do bend over backwards to look after them. Many sports offerings including Aus/Nz Sports so we are all covered.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

Get yourself an Android box (B1500 for 4k 4GB/64GB) or install BlueStacks 5 in Windows 10 pc.

Buy a sub to https://bestiptvuk.me/ for £60/yr with cheap prices additional boxes.

and if you doubt  me, they do a 6 hour free trial no cc required, accept PayPal for the sub.

Ask for them to set you up with their BestIPTV FLIX app superb and I do not jest.

Sit back and enjoy hundreds of Live TV channels with between 3 & 7 days catch-up.

When settled, install TiviMate and you will never look back:)

Any issues and they have a Discord channel but support is not 24/7 but who needs support.

p.s. You can PM me for any questions.

I'm gonna need a bigger TV. One with 6 HDMI ports.  ???? 

And thanks for your next post. Much appreciated!

Edited by JetsetBkk

9 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I'm on DTAC phone and 3BB Internet. I'll look into what 3BB have to offer re. TV as both my TVs have 3 HDMI inputs - so I can connect more than one box.

I also have Rawai cable connected to my TVs' antenna inputs - only 2,500 a year, but better than looking at a black screen when TrueVisions has a problem. I'll probably get rid of that when I sort out the other options.

I'm on 3BB Phuket. My package is 1000/500Mbps. My speed just now - I should be OK:

134825725_3BBFASTsmall.jpg.d6696672410dd5e973c347b7186425fb.jpg

That is the ISP speed in Thailand so if the server you are streaming from is in Thailand this is correct. If the server is in the UK or anywhere else outside of Thailand that is NOT the correct download speed. I am on 3BB Fibre and when streaming the beeb iPlayer or any other European feed I do not see anywhere near that speed. Try using testmy.net

Open the URL and on a Win pc at the top right you will see an entry 'Testing' which is normally set to Tokyo if you are in Thailand. Change the setting to UK and then test your speed but be prepared for a shock!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think like almost everyone is saying is to throw True away and get an Android Box.  You can add apps that will have every Movie or TV show made, seriously, at your fingertips.

Pulse is great for live TV also.  You can add Pulse to your android box.  Theres a dearth of IPTV subscriptions available, many with thousands of live TV channels.  Its mind-blowing.

To anyone else using an Android box check out Troy Point.com or look up Troy point. 

He has step by step instructions on how to set up for first timers and great reviews for older users may not know of.

I'm using a Mi box S made by Xiaomi. I like it.  Also runs 4K.   Its running android 10. (Avoid boxes running Android 8 and below).

Just a sample of prices from Ali Express below:

Screenshot_20210812-210312.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, D2Pipes said:

Change the setting to UK and then test your speed but be prepared for a shock!

I'm not that shocked - I used to use TestMy.net years ago. But thanks for reminding me about it!

1173060108_TestMyNetScreenShot2021-08-12at21_10.37500.jpg.3823da39d2c148b2791a68ff7ff7726b.jpg

19 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

If you don't have enough HDMI ports, you can also try using HDMI switches to add more boxes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

You don't need a bigger TV with 6 HDMI ports, just buy a HDMI switch, https://bit.ly/37ExVYe

Similar to a USB hub but a hub is bi-directional and the switch is uni-directional. Three in 1 out so should suit your needs.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

That's another issue I'd like to get up to speed with. Anything you can add, Stevenl?

My experience is that with the internetproviders here you will need a VPN or you'll be blocked very soon. Only exception is 3BB, who only very rarely block, and if they do just for a short period of time. I am using SurfShark, the cheapest one I could find.

In general a VPN will lead to a reduction in speed.

I'll send you the phonenumber of the guy I'm using via PM.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Kopitiam said:

If you don't have enough HDMI ports, you can also try using HDMI switches to add more boxes.

???? Thanks, but that was more of a joke! I'm sure I can get everything I could possibly want to view with one or two boxes, probably just one.

I saw a demonstration today of Pulse-TV (by a very kind TV member ????), and that looks excellent. I'll be ordering it tomorrow.

But I also want to check out more general Android boxes that I can add IPTV apps to, such as the Xiaomi "Mi TV Box S" that MrJ2U wrote about, and the TiViMate app that looks brilliant.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

???? Thanks, but that was more of a joke! I'm sure I can get everything I could possibly want to view with one or two boxes, probably just one.

I saw a demonstration today of Pulse-TV (by a very kind TV member ????), and that looks excellent. I'll be ordering it tomorrow.

But I also want to check out more general Android boxes that I can add IPTV apps to, such as the Xiaomi "Mi TV Box S" that MrJ2U wrote about, and the TiViMate app that looks brilliant.

Check out Troy Points sight.

Really informative.

Good luck

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Check out Troy Points sight.

Really informative.

Good luck

Wow! He's good, but now my brain hurts! I need to give it a rest and start again tomorrow - but thanks again for these pointers. Much appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JetsetBkk said:

Why don't you take a decko at the free trial on the link I provided before you spend big bucks as Pulse costs 4x my suggestion but of course, up to you.....

So, today, I got the truth from a TrueVisions caller. Both my boxes are "wire/cable" boxes - the old, large black metal boxes, not the new small plastic "fibre" boxes like the technician temporarily installed on Tuesday and found it didn't work.  So that's why he went up his ladder, had a look at the "node" on the street pole, discovered that it wasn't fibre and said he couldn't fix the problem.

The TrueVisions caller said they could only change the node for a fibre node because of an order or instruction from the electricity company. I asked him if I was the only person left using the wire/cable system and he said yes. So that's it. 

True just sent me a message saying I will get another technician visit on Monday. They will fibre up both my boxes after changing them. All for free.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, MrJ2U said:

I think like almost everyone is saying is to throw True away and get an Android Box.  You can add apps that will have every Movie or TV show made, seriously, at your fingertips.

Pulse is great for live TV also.  You can add Pulse to your android box.  Theres a dearth of IPTV subscriptions available, many with thousands of live TV channels.  Its mind-blowing.

To anyone else using an Android box check out Troy Point.com or look up Troy point. 

He has step by step instructions on how to set up for first timers and great reviews for older users may not know of.

I'm using a Mi box S made by Xiaomi. I like it.  Also runs 4K.   Its running android 10. (Avoid boxes running Android 8 and below).

Just a sample of prices from Ali Express below:

Screenshot_20210812-210312.jpg

Or check out this link https://bit.ly/3ruc4Mj for a STB with Android TV 9 os with 4GB ram + 64GB eMMC from Lazada for B1350.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I guess they saw me coming.

But I did see these IPTV subscriptions available, interestingly enough below the oops page.

Screenshot_20210814-195821.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-200059.jpg

Thanks for the comment but be very careful of 

14 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I guess they saw me coming.

But I did see these IPTV subscriptions available, interestingly enough below the oops page.

Screenshot_20210814-195821.jpg

Screenshot_20210814-200059.jpg

Thanks for the comment but please be very careful of IPTV subs from China because many really are here today, gone tomorrow as you can see with the oops.

If you are looking for a good IPTV sub look at the link in one of my earlier posts and check out TrustPilot. The IPTV I mentioned really are that good.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

Thanks for the comment but be very careful of 

Thanks for the comment but please be very careful of IPTV subs from China because many really are here today, gone tomorrow as you can see with the oops.

If you are looking for a good IPTV sub look at the link in one of my earlier posts and check out TrustPilot. The IPTV I mentioned really are that good.

That is spot on.

I've got kids and big house to take care.

Between YouTube, Netflix, and cartoons for our children I rarely get to watch any personal TV.

Those Android boxes are the way to go though.  Buy the box and sideload a few apps (not available on Google).  And you won't have another cable bill.  

Wise to spend a few extra baht for high bands WiFi.

Also bring those boxes anywhere.  Nice to watch a first run theatre movie in your resort hotel with the wife at night.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 3:58 PM, JetsetBkk said:

So, today, I got the truth from a TrueVisions caller. Both my boxes are "wire/cable" boxes - the old, large black metal boxes, not the new small plastic "fibre" boxes like the technician temporarily installed on Tuesday and found it didn't work.  So that's why he went up his ladder, had a look at the "node" on the street pole, discovered that it wasn't fibre and said he couldn't fix the problem.

The TrueVisions caller said they could only change the node for a fibre node because of an order or instruction from the electricity company. I asked him if I was the only person left using the wire/cable system and he said yes. So that's it. 

True just sent me a message saying I will get another technician visit on Monday. They will fibre up both my boxes after changing them. All for free.

My "Pulse-TV" box came Saturday and I managed to set up the WiFi while it was still displaying everything in Korean (I think, a bit like Japanese?) because I couldn't find the language settings:

147278613_STBKorean.jpg.71cf2a0bc548957b8fa715c38828f6ef.jpg

...but eventually I did find the "Earth/World" icon for the language settings. I must add that the Support guy at Pulse-TV has been very helpful and quick to respond to emails.

Tomorrow the True technicians come to install the fibre boxes and give me something else to play with for 6 weeks or so before I decide whether to keep them or not. I wonder if I can persuade the guys to remove the old CTH cables running through the house and, while they are up on the car port roof, maybe I can slip them a few baht to take the old dish off? It would make a pretty nice plant pot.

415859110_SatDishPlantPots.jpg.08ca6349218763ec553752ca3cbff479.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

Tomorrow the True technicians come to install the fibre boxes

Ha, ha, ha. "You stupid boy" - said in the tone of Cap'n Mannering.

They didn't come. Instead one lady called me to ask about my Internet problem. After I explained that I have a TrueVisions problem she wanted to know the Service number in the SMS message I got today specifying the appointment time of 2pm. There was no Service number in that SMS, but I checked the SMS from 2 days ago and found a number. She then told me that that number was associated with a Thai name and was not for my service call. So she said she would call back.

Half an hour later a man called and said he was a translator for the service department. Whoopee! He then wanted me to confirm that I wanted True Internet  installed which, of course, I don't. I explained that I had TrueVisions cable, not fibre, and that I had 3BB internet, so don't want True Internet. By the end of the call (which I recorded, but don't know if it's legal to upload here) we agreed that they must install fibre in my Soi and in my house. That's on Wednesday.

So that's another two days gone. I'm really glad I got my Pulse-TV box sent overnight by courier (at no charge to me). 

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to write up a complete summary of this fiasco with True, but there have been so many scheduled appointments by SMS, phone calls and cancellations that I have given up trying to recall them all.

At one point the True guys arrived with two Gigatex boxes - each with 4 or 6 vertical aerials:

True-Gigatex-Fiber2.png.a20919587cd48f68ee9acf9195a7638d.png

- because they thought I wanted True Internet, which I must have told the True call centre staff half a dozen times that I didn't want because I have 3BB.

What I can remember is that the appointment for Wednesday August 18th came and went. No technician came.

After calling True I got another appointment for the following Saturday 21st.

So, they turned up and installed a ZTE router box on the end of the fibre cable, and which has a co-ax output. That output goes into a splitter to provide the co-ax signal for the set top box in the same room, and also the co-ax signal for the set top box in the other room. They both connect to the TVs using HDMI cables.

It all worked OK in the first room but I pointed out to them that the co-ax cable in the second room came from a splitter in the roof space (the old signal from the street box), so the signal going up into the roof space from the splitter in the first room was going into the splitter in the roof space on the output side of the splitter, and not on the input side.

So up into the roof space they went to join the cable from the first room to the cable that goes down into the second.

Whoopee, it all worked, but what a mess of cables! 

As left by True:                                                                        After tidying up:

2027831808_CableMess360.jpg.b47a28fd24a7590b1de15550b57a8f73.jpg         1378950032_CableTidy.jpg.0198d1d2c17a1fba72b82c74b327463e.jpg

So all that's left for me to do now is to go to the True shop in Central Festival (Phuket) and demand (very politely) that they give me at least 12 more days on my contract (if not a full month) for the lack of service and all the hassles they have given me.

Some hopes!  rolleyes.gif.53bb9a96736dd18225fc92ab7f6110ae.gif 

On 8/12/2021 at 9:31 PM, stevenl said:

My experience is that with the internetproviders here you will need a VPN or you'll be blocked very soon. Only exception is 3BB, who only very rarely block, and if they do just for a short period of time. I am using SurfShark, the cheapest one I could find.

In general a VPN will lead to a reduction in speed.

I'll send you the phonenumber of the guy I'm using via PM.

never have i used a vpn with my android box an never been blocked

have used BBB an AIS

FYI: I miss Mobdro  ;-(  have yet to find a free all inclusive alternative

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, zzzzz said:

never have i used a vpn with my android box an never been blocked

have used BBB an AIS

FYI: I miss Mobdro  ;-(  have yet to find a free all inclusive alternative

With AIS I had to use a VPN. Also many throttling issues with their fiber service, so I moved back to 3BB, never had any issues there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/26/2021 at 10:36 AM, stevenl said:

With AIS I had to use a VPN. Also many throttling issues with their fiber service, so I moved back to 3BB, never had any issues there.

I just watched Man City thrash Arsenal 5-0 in HD and no throttling. Thanks xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx.

And bye-bye TrueVisions! ???? 

Edited by JetsetBkk
  • Like 2

That Pulse TV service would have to be good at $350 a year.  I would never pay that.  There are much much cheaper services than that (including VPN) which are probably just as good if not better.

IPTV Rocket is only $60USD a year.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

That Pulse TV service would have to be good at $350 a year.  I would never pay that.  There are much much cheaper services than that (including VPN) which are probably just as good if not better.

Dear oh dear.   Just had a look at the link you posted.   A Russian service that doesn't tell you what you get, such as channel information etc.   I think Mickey Mouse wears an IPTV Rocket watch......

With Pulse you don't need a VPN.   You aren't downloading anything, you're streaming.   You also have to compare an outlay of 10,000 baht a year against 27,000 baht (True) and the difference in content and quality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Pulse was the first one I found out about when True cut off the signal to my street box node, because they decided to convert the area to the fibre system, and ignored any users who were still using the old cable system. (I'd like to be able to sue them for breach of contract, but TIT.)

I viewed the Pulse system at a TV member's house and couldn't believe how good it was and less than half the cost of True (27,700 baht). I bought that immediately and was watching my favourite programs within a couple of days. True messed me around for another 9 days, so I was glad to have the IPTV working.

Because of this thread, I am now looking into other systems but I have a lot of reading to do about "side-loading apps" on my Android box, EPG services (so I can find what I want to watch), and other stuff.

So, thanks for your link! I'll add it to all the stuff I have to investigate. If I can add it to my Android box and have it as an alternative service, then I will probably do it considering how much I'm saving by dropping TrueVisions.

1 hour ago, pagallim said:

Dear oh dear.   Just had a look at the link you posted.   A Russian service that doesn't tell you what you get, such as channel information etc.   I think Mickey Mouse wears an IPTV Rocket watch......

With Pulse you don't need a VPN.   You aren't downloading anything, you're streaming.   You also have to compare an outlay of 10,000 baht a year against 27,000 baht (True) and the difference in content and quality.

Took me about 5 seconds to figure out where to find that info.  Sorry to hear you are still trying to figure out how this new fangled internet stuff works.

Edited by shdmn