Alternative To TrueVisions in Phuket?

JetsetBkk

11 hours ago, pagallim said:

Dear oh dear.   Just had a look at the link you posted.   A Russian service that doesn't tell you what you get, such as channel information etc.   I think Mickey Mouse wears an IPTV Rocket watch......

With Pulse you don't need a VPN.   You aren't downloading anything, you're streaming.   You also have to compare an outlay of 10,000 baht a year against 27,000 baht (True) and the difference in content and quality.

Streaming doesn't mean you don't need a VPN. Yes, imo true is obsolete, but pulse shouldn't be compared to true, it are other streaming services pulse should be compared to. I don't know pulse personally, but to justify the price difference the quality and service must be exceptional.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

Streaming doesn't mean you don't need a VPN. Yes, imo true is obsolete, but pulse shouldn't be compared to true, it are other streaming services pulse should be compared to. I don't know pulse personally, but to justify the price difference the quality and service must be exceptional.

I have Pulse, it's ok but nothing special, only good for Aus. UK tv and sport, absolute garbage for movies, series and kids tv.

I'll be dumping pulse when my subscription expires.

On 8/12/2021 at 2:49 PM, JetsetBkk said:

I'm on DTAC phone and 3BB Internet. I'll look into what 3BB have to offer re. TV as both my TVs have 3 HDMI inputs - so I can connect more than one box.

I also have Rawai cable connected to my TVs' antenna inputs - only 2,500 a year, but better than looking at a black screen when TrueVisions has a problem. I'll probably get rid of that when I sort out the other options.

I'm on 3BB Phuket. My package is 1000/500Mbps. My speed just now - I should be OK:

134825725_3BBFASTsmall.jpg.d6696672410dd5e973c347b7186425fb.jpg

and what nobody has said is 3BB also offer a 10GB data SIM card for an additional B100/m????

https://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/internet_package/3

The B690/m consists of B590 1Gb/s-300Mb/s Internet + B100 for GigaSIM with 10GB of data/m

1 hour ago, beechbum said:

Aus. UK tv and sport, absolute garbage for movies, series and kids tv.

Take a gander at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.best-iptv-uk.me

then ask for a trial quoting "A Den2Pies Referral" in the subject asking for a link to their 'Flix' app and login info in your email addressing the email to [email protected]  and I can assure you you will not look back????

The subscription is £60/yr and they are excellent as the Trustpilot reviewers have said. They cater exceptionally for Footie fans, have a vgood Film and Series collection in VOD, between 3 & 7 days of catch-up and all of the sports channels you could ask for. If there is a film, cartoon  or  children's program you want and they do not air ask and they will try vhard to provide.

These people are really good at looking after their customers.

PM me if you want any other info.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beechbum said:

I have Pulse, it's ok but nothing special, only good for Aus. UK tv and sport, absolute garbage for movies, series and kids tv.

I'll be dumping pulse when my subscription expires.

Find the comment on movies, series and kids TV odd.   The extensive movie library has all the latest movies that you'll find in the torrent sites, as well as the series.    Amongst the TV channels, there are at least six dedicated Sky Movie channels of different genre.  Quite a few dedicated children's channels also.

20210829_164403.jpg

20210829_164602.jpg

20210829_164656.jpg

20210829_165019.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

and what nobody has said is 3BB also offer a 10GB data SIM card for an additional B100/m????

https://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/internet_package/3

The B690/m consists of B590 1Gb/s-300Mb/s Internet + B100 for GigaSIM with 10GB of data/m

I don't really understand what this is for. I have a Dtac SIM card (very old - over 19 years) and I top it up very rarely because I make phone calls probably less than once per week. Mostly, I buy time for the phone (*1013) just to keep the balance valid. It currently has about 350Baht balance valid for 44 days. I buy 6 or 9 months "time" for 12 baht (?) or something ridiculous just to keep it valid.

I access the Internet via WiFi. I have thought about getting a data contract, but haven't. I really have no idea what you can do with the data contracts that you can't do via Wi-Fi.

F1 is going to start any minute now... Sky Sports Live...

3 hours ago, pagallim said:

Find the comment on movies, series and kids TV odd.   The extensive movie library has all the latest movies that you'll find in the torrent sites, as well as the series.    Amongst the TV channels, there are at least six dedicated Sky Movie channels of different genre.  Quite a few dedicated children's channels also.

Agreed. I'm still getting used to all these UK channels that I have seen for nearly two decades.

I'm also getting used to how the same people are still at the BBC, doing the same jobs that they did 20 years ago, but look so much older. ???? 

I can only presume that the BBC pay them so much money that they have no incentive to move on to other channels, or that no other channel would pay them the ridiculous salaries that the BBC (i.e. the tax payers of the UK) are paying them. Matt Taylor the weather man used to annoy me 20 years ago and he still does.

Still waiting for F1 to start in the rain....

Edited by JetsetBkk
Add "Agreed"!

The only good option is 3BB. 1000mbps speed with their 3BB android tv box. 

https://fiber.3bb.co.th/en/3bb-giga-tv/#

You get all the HBO channels with this package as well. All the good channels that True dropped a while back. Live HBO channels plus the HBO app for on demand, plus regular tv all in one tv box. 

Or you can get an AIS SIM card and get their AIS PLAY app for an extra 200 baht a month. Download the AIS PLAY app on your smart TV or Android Box. But no HBO or super premium channels. 

Personally I have 3BB Giga TV with the Android Box and HBO and a AIS SIM with AIS PLAY on the same TV Box. 

4 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

Take a gander at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.best-iptv-uk.me

then ask for a trial quoting "A Den2Pies Referral" in the subject asking for a link to their 'Flix' app and login info in your email addressing the email to [email protected]  and I can assure you you will not look back????

The subscription is £60/yr and they are excellent as the Trustpilot reviewers have said. They cater exceptionally for Footie fans, have a vgood Film and Series collection in VOD, between 3 & 7 days of catch-up and all of the sports channels you could ask for. If there is a film, cartoon  or  children's program you want and they do not air ask and they will try vhard to provide.

These people are really good at looking after their customers.

PM me if you want any other info.

I'm definitely going to have a look (free preview) at "Best-iptv-uk.me", but only after I've got used to all the stuff available on Pulse-TV. And that could take a week or two!  ????

On 8/12/2021 at 1:54 PM, jojothai said:

ADDED: I am in Bangkok. You appear to be in Phuket.
I assume 3BB have similar services there.

I am just switching from true to 3BB. They have what looks like a fantastic offer at present.
Most posts don't seem to mention the internet connection.
I presume you will also want that to change from TRUE.

The 3BB GIGATV current offer is fibre 1Gbps / 500Mbps plus additions in tv for monthly 700 B(+VAT) 24 month contract. 800 B (+VAT) for 12 month contract. Joining Fee 856 Baht, the router and 3BB box will be free (return at end of service) and supposed to be free installation. This assumes that the fibre is already connected to your building /condo. Mine is ok.
From what I see, I think that I should be able to load into the Box other apps that I have to get extra services.
I currently have an android box with them. Will try to add what I want to the 3BB box.
Installation tomorrow in Klongtoey. I can let you know then how it goes for all up cost.

While waiting for the F1 to start... (delayed because of rain):

So, how did the installation of other apps go with the 3BB box?

I could buy a better Android box and use the existing Pulse-TV box ("magicsee N5 MAX") on another TV.  ????

18 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

While waiting for the F1 to start... (delayed because of rain):

So, how did the installation of other apps go with the 3BB box?

I could buy a better Android box and use the existing Pulse-TV box ("magicsee N5 MAX") on another TV.  ????

F1 not looking good for start today ...

our 3BB box installation was painless. Box with wireless connect and HTMI cable into TV. Done. But we already had 3BB service. for many years.

edit. Other apps .... be honest I never explored yet.   No need I use Roko for my use, 3BB jut a free sample.

Edited by LivinginKata
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jojothai said:

True asked me why i was leaving. i told them that the old systems of satellite and cable are now superseded by tv boxes 

on which you put apps that can connect to whichever services you want.

IF  they ask me, I will say:

"Because you cut off the signal to my cable box without telling me, even though you knew I was a paying customer on True cable, and you forced me to change my set top box to True fibre, and you took nearly two weeks to do that, with multiple appointments when your technicians didn't know what they were doing, or didn't have the correct equipment, or didn't show up at all. Fortunately during that period, I discovered a much better system that is half the price and with more channels. OK?"

???? 

On 8/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, LivinginKata said:

I cancelled the cable TV service months ago. I bought a Roku box from Lazada and I can watch most of what I got on cable.

Also you might consider 3BBs box. Right now they are offering for a year free thereafter I think it's just 109 baht/month. We got one just too see what it does.  Quite good. In future when we get guests back will be installing in each apartment.

The 3BB box is, in my opinion, a load of rubbish not very good.

It is an Android box but Google Play has been disabled so it is difficult to install any Apps. The User Interface is very clumsy and not intuitive at all.

One advantage is that it has Chromecast built in so you can cast from your phone or Laptop to it, unless you are on a VPN in which case....you cannot.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

The 3BB box is, in my opinion, a load of rubbish not very good.

It is an Android box but Google Play has been disabled so it is difficult to install any Apps. The User Interface is very clumsy and not intuitive at all.

One advantage is that it has Chromecast built in so you can cast from your phone or Laptop to it, unless you are on a VPN in which case....you cannot.

same goes for AIS's playbox, Cant load any external apps on it>
I got one for free when i signed up with ais fiber years ago, after the first month free, i gave them back the box as the "english" service channels was to much for very little

kodi, exodus plus, https://www.livenewsnow.com/ and https://fullmatchtv.com/

for me

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

same goes for AIS's playbox, Cant load any external apps on it>
I got one for free when i signed up with ais fiber years ago, after the first month free, i gave them back the box as the "english" service channels was to much for very little

kodi, exodus plus, https://www.livenewsnow.com/ and https://fullmatchtv.com/

for me

Thanks for the links - I'll give them a try.

I have been using  https://watchnewslive.tv/  for ages. It used to block my favourite channel (I won't say which because you'll call me a right-wing nutter) but now it just works - no need for a VPN. 

Can the Android boxes have any live tv without paying a subscription (Eng/Thai), do they work out of the box or need a lot of setting up? 

Any recommendations for a budget box to give it a try, Lazada has a huge price range starting under 500Baht, is there a lot of difference between a 400baht and a 800Baht box - Thanks.

1 hour ago, alphason said:

Can the Android boxes have any live tv without paying a subscription (Eng/Thai), do they work out of the box or need a lot of setting up? 

Any recommendations for a budget box to give it a try, Lazada has a huge price range starting under 500Baht, is there a lot of difference between a 400baht and a 800Baht box - Thanks.

HK1 Android Box.JPG

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, alphason said:

A lot of difference....it's 400 baht!

• Haha 2

I do not generally watch TV per se, bores me to tears. I carefully select and watch films and series (only one at a time) a few times a week, I never just randomly watch something. For this I download from pirate bay or from a free online movie site.. I watch PL football and for this I use True Visions. Regardless of what you might read it is NOT expensive these days, I buy their cheapest package and add on the football for 299bt. Works out around 700bt a month. For this you get bonafide ACTUAL TV, not streams or dodgy boxes, the picture is crystal clear. and 100% reliable even if it;s p!ssing down outside

If I watch the news I watch Sky News which is live and  free on youtube.

I have no desire or use for products like pulse or expatasiatv or whatever it's called. I used to subscribe to teatime tv and never watched it. I had someone install a Android box for me one time, it was a waste of time and hardly ever worked properly.

Edited by Johnny Mac

5 hours ago, alphason said:

You need a VPN for overseas programming,

I never thought I would get much use for VPN, but I have one from surfshark - 2000B for 2 years. If you are talking about Eng=UK then you can DL the BBC iplayer, ITV hub, all4 and channel 5 apps and watch all those channels for free, live and on catchup.

For Thai TV, if you have AIS phone, or know anyone who has, then you can use the AIS app, giving you all the Thai channels for free.

No, they don't take a lot of setting up - if you can load apps on a cellphone then you can setup an android box.

Edited by recom273

i have been using my android box for about 4 years now and have never used a vpn.

MX 9 Pro i think it was like 1,400 when i first brought it) now own 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUv12M0VaU

I have had to replace the remotes alot,  ( around 120 baht each time via Lazada, but the box is still fine

Fist BBB and than AIS fiber>

Kodi, Mobdro, ( before they shut it down) exodus + ( and a few other over the years>
and the 2 links in my post above for news and sports

The ais play box gives you thai tv for free but .....who cares

or need a lot of setting up?...
plenty of you tube video's will walk ya thru the set up

Edited by zzzzz

1 hour ago, Johnny Mac said:

I do not generally watch TV per se, bores me to tears. I carefully select and watch films and series (only one at a time) a few times a week, I never just randomly watch something. For this I download from pirate bay or from a free online movie site.. I watch PL football and for this I use True Visions. Regardless of what you might read it is NOT expensive these days, I buy their cheapest package and add on the football for 299bt. Works out around 700bt a month. For this you get bonafide ACTUAL TV, not streams or dodgy boxes, the picture is crystal clear. and 100% reliable even if it;s p!ssing down outside

I have no desire or use for products like pulse or expatasiatv or whatever it's called. I used to subscribe to teatime tv and never watched it. I had someone install a Android box for me one time, it was a waste of time and hardly ever worked properly.

Ok

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, recom273 said:

You need a VPN for overseas programming,

I never thought I would get much use for VPN, but I have one from surfshark - 2000B for 2 years. If you are talking about Eng=UK then you can DL the BBC iplayer, ITV hub, all4 and channel 5 apps and watch all those channels for free, live and on catchup.

For Thai TV, if you have AIS phone, or know anyone who has, then you can use the AIS app, giving you all the Thai channels for free.

No, they don't take a lot of setting up - if you can load apps on a cellphone then you can setup an android box.

I am watching all I want without a vpn

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Mac said:

Glad to read that weather is not affecting True anymore. When I was using it it was very much being affected by the weather, with my Android box weather doesn't affect it at all.

Oh, and it is 75% cheaper than yours, and there are cheaper options available as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1