Alternative To TrueVisions in Phuket?

JetsetBkk

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

I have had to replace the remotes a lot,  ( around 120 baht each time via Lazada,

I was looking at replacing the remotes that I have because the buttons are too close together and it's easy to hit the wrong button or 2 at the same time. As you say, they're only a 100 baht or so for a learning remote on Lazada. In fact, the ones supplied by Pulse-TV are the learning type - they still have the learning instructions on the back!

Please can you say which type you bought - there are dozens of them!

14 hours ago, zzzzz said:

i have been using my android box for about 4 years now and have never used a vpn.

MX 9 Pro i think it was like 1,400 when i first brought it) now own 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUv12M0VaU

I have had to replace the remotes alot,  ( around 120 baht each time via Lazada, but the box is still fine

Fist BBB and than AIS fiber>

Kodi, Mobdro, ( before they shut it down) exodus + ( and a few other over the years>
and the 2 links in my post above for news and sports

The ais play box gives you thai tv for free but .....who cares

or need a lot of setting up?...
plenty of you tube video's will walk ya thru the set up

11 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

I was looking at replacing the remotes that I have because the buttons are too close together and it's easy to hit the wrong button or 2 at the same time. As you say, they're only a 100 baht or so for a learning remote on Lazada. In fact, the ones supplied by Pulse-TV are the learning type - they still have the learning instructions on the back!

Try this, available from Lazada and its good, far superior to the remotes supplied which are pretty useless imo.

Android Keyboard.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2021 at 5:43 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

HK1 Android Box.JPG

and a good choice. I use https://bit.ly/3rv6ZDE which is an identical STB but with 64GB eMMC and called an X96 Air but the important point is the CPU which you have spot on????

I thought it was worth paying just a little more for the extra memory so I can record programs without having to faff around with an SD card.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Try this, available from Lazada and its good, far superior to the remotes supplied which are pretty useless imo.

Android Keyboard.JPG

Good grief! cheesy.gif.249d95418b0d80484209c2602a8c56ec.gif  Sorry to laugh, but that is one hell of a BIG remote! I just want a simple 21 or 25 key remote that I can hold in my hand! 

But thanks for the idea - I might use that for one of my computers.  ????

4 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

and a good choice. I use https://bit.ly/3rv6ZDE which is an identical STB but with 64GB eMMC and called an X96 Air but the important point is the CPU which you have spot on????

I thought it was worth paying just a little more for the extra memory so I can record programs without having to faff around with an SD card.

Now THAT is a perfect little remote! 

remote.jpg.8f40463e12666cca01f9d9ea02eeef0d.jpg  

Pity I have to pay 1,300 baht extra for the Android box. 

Edited by JetsetBkk

On 9/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, JetsetBkk said:

i get about 6-8 months out of one>

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i824468061-s1687928538.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

got all the buttons you need
the only thing i dont like about the MX9 pro box is if the remote goes ,, you cant  do anything but turn it off and on

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 1

The actual remote supplied by Pulse-TV has a lot of buttons and they all light up the little red LED next to the green button at the top.

But a lot of them have no effect on the set top box that I have found, e.g. the coloured ones at the bottom! 

176532862_IMG_20210907_192946crop(Post500x500).jpg.30f491e2c42087f6a0ed0d5aa49de2cb.jpg

So I don't know how many buttons a new learning remote should have!

The "OK" button in the middle is flush with the direction buttons around it, so you can't feel where the "OK" button is, and often hit a direction button at the same time. Stupid design!  ????

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

i get about 6-8 months out of one>

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i824468061-s1687928538.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&spm=spm%3Da2o4m.order_details.item_title.1

got all the buttons you need
the only thing i dont like about the MX9 pro box is if the remote goes ,, you cant  do anything but turn it off and on

For 96 baht I might as well give it a go!  ????

The HK1 box looks good value for the features.

One thing I'm not sure about, with this and other boxes, I know they won't play netflix 4K (don't mind that) but will it play HD 720/1080P or only SD. What about Youtube what resolution will that play in, again not bothered about 4K but would be nice to have 720/1080 HD.

I know boxes like the Mi and Mecool are certified and will play 4K Netflix but they are more expensive and seem have lower RAM. Thanks

1 hour ago, alphason said:

One thing I'm not sure about, with this and other boxes, I know they won't play netflix 4K (don't mind that) but will it play HD 720/1080P or only SD. What about Youtube what resolution will that play in, again not bothered about 4K but would be nice to have 720/1080 HD.

Why do you say the HK1 will not play 4k?

Maybe you should have taken a gander at my link, "https://bit.ly/3rv6ZDE" as 8K far exceeds 4K!

image.png.1d5a841f50fe2db63a7d4b8cda49fe44.png

Unfortunately I do not have an 8K source in order to test this claim????

Before you say you were talking about the HK1 I did say to the HK1 poster it was a good choice of CPU. In other words both boxes have the same CPU. The poster did not include a link so who knows if the HK1 claims to play 8K.

In case you are too busy to open my link the most important specs are:-

image.png.7cd62729594336169c2170f3753c50ac.png

What more can you ask for.

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, D2Pipes said:

Why do you say the HK1 will not play 4k?

Maybe you should have taken a gander at my link, "https://bit.ly/3rv6ZDE" as 8K far exceeds 4K!

image.png.1d5a841f50fe2db63a7d4b8cda49fe44.png

Unfortunately I do not have an 8K source in order to test this claim????

Before you say you were talking about the HK1 I did say to the HK1 poster it was a good choice of CPU. In other words both boxes have the same CPU. The poster did not include a link so who knows if the HK1 claims to play 8K.

In case you are too busy to open my link the most important specs are:-

image.png.7cd62729594336169c2170f3753c50ac.png

What more can you ask for.

image.png

image.png

I've seen your link thanks, I'm talking about Netflix and Youtube specifically, I know it claims to play other 4K/8K files.

Read it in several places Netflix won't run at 4K (eg https://androidpcreview.com/netflix-hd-android-tv-box/ ) unless have a certified box like MiBox or Mecool. Seller said it only plays Netflix in 540P but I have read it can play in 1080P so not sure. I don't need 4K was just trying to understand it all.

I'm more interested in Youtube than Netflix so I was wondering if there are restrictions on YouTube or will they play any resolution?

• 2 months later...

Yes, we cancelled all our cable accounts last year (no paying guest). We moved full over some sort of  tv Internet box.  These cable dish companies must be taking  a huge financial  hit. New paying guest just fit a 3BB tv box as very portable. Offers much. Guests very pleased.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

TRUE Great for Live English Premier Rugby & Football.

Other local Cable is complete rubbish.

Never watch western tv shows only NatGeo, Discovery & History Channels, all on TRUE.

Use Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Apple for TV series & films.

SFX Cinema for Latest Movies. 
No use for these unreliable streaming “boxes” …….had once, never again.

• Confused 1