Foreign driver dies in Pattaya after crashing into another vehicle during curfew, second driver flees scene

webfact

On 8/11/2021 at 1:59 PM, Guderian said:

So he was out when he shouldn't have been, but RIP anyway.

How strictly are they policing the curfew? I ask because on several nights, well after the 9:00 PM start,

Been out roll racing numerous times on the 7  early in the morning over the past 3 weeks.

not a single policeman to be seen !!

On 8/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, BangkokReady said:

What percentage of people actually comply with anti-covid measures in Thailand currently?

No wonder this wave is so big, so many people can't be bothered to follow the rules (something considered optional in Thailand in the first place).

Including road rules,,,

On 8/11/2021 at 8:51 AM, BangkokReady said:

What percentage of people actually comply with anti-covid measures in Thailand currently?

No wonder this wave is so big, so many people can't be bothered to follow the rules (something considered optional in Thailand in the first place).

What percentage of people actually comply with ANY rules? 

• Haha 1

On 8/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, BangkokReady said:

No idea of any percentage but I think a lot of people will be lax as the government have been half-hearted with restrictions from the very beginning.

Foreigners coming to Thailand have to jump through hoops with insurance, tests and COE's but Thais can just jump onto a plane without too much of a fuss. Possibly it was hi-so Thais skipping tests and quarantines that brought in the covid strains and not immigrants crossing borders. Look at how easy it was for a Surin MP to pass the virus onto Prayut in Phuket.

On 8/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, Scott Tracy said:

Forgive me, but personal responsibility comes into play here. People ignoring curfews need to be policed? No. They need a good slap to get a grip. Whilst I agree that certain rules, regulations and laws are a nonsense, ignoring them and expecting no consequences is peurile.

But they don't need to lose their life or take another even if by accident.   There just isn't any drivers education,  or enough authorities to curb it.