New “Thaksin’s wave” peculiar in its timing

snoop1130

13 hours ago, david555 said:

That is also true, but are they the majority ...? it s a young movement born out of pure justified  frustration 

I believe they hope for the ideal Thailand in such , but that shall take many years to come ,first have to be dealt with the old hiso group 

To get the majority only one thing will help you "vote buying" Something Mr. T is specialized in. Keep him as far away from Thailand as possible. Replacing a big problem with another big problem is not a solution. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, SomchaiCNX said:

To get the majority only one thing will help you "vote buying" Something Mr. T is specialized in. Keep him as far away from Thailand as possible. Replacing a big problem with another big problem is not a solution. 

No...and keeping the status quo neither ....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, david555 said:

No problem for me when he "could " come back , as i remember in his era Thailand was fun , as the Thais smiled more than now the grim smile under P. already so many years 

Your right he’s just as bad as the rest but in those days it was fun here.

9 minutes ago, david555 said:

If 24 hours nightlife and drunkmanship is the barometer for the benefit of a country and his population only......

well than i rest my case ????......16 hours from 24 would be a sufficient time i would think????

I agree up to a point. But if you are intending to attract tourists from Europe, as Thailand was doing back then, closing bars and nightclubs at or before midnight isn't the way to do it. Many countries in Europe allow such places to stay open until dawn.

But I see that you're among those who believe that having a beer=drunkeness, and that people are drunk only after midnight. And it isn't "only", as you put it. I gave an example that it wasn't all freedom and fun under Thaksin, but you twisted what I wrote to suit your own agenda.

• Like 1

Every leaders have their dark side is unavoidable, but if they can balance their dirty agendas with taking care of their citizens needs and they could make happy lifestyle.For sure many people don’t give a damn about the politicians' sh*t.
The politicians should understand that if there are no people, there wouldn't be any government or leaders either. They need to build the trust among their citizens.

Edited by raccos21
  • Like 1

The One-Eyed among the Blind preparing for an imminent come-back with some goodies in his luggage like millions of jabs? 

If there would be elections with Dr Thaksin and his cronies in the race today, I would bet my entire money on him and a landslide victory. Possibly that's the real script behind the whole "amnesty bill" for the outstanding handling of Covid-19; possibly cover the entire seven years of governmental term ..... we will see! 

• Like 1

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

I agree up to a point. But if you are intending to attract tourists from Europe, as Thailand was doing back then, closing bars and nightclubs at or before midnight isn't the way to do it. Many countries in Europe allow such places to stay open until dawn.

But I see that you're among those who believe that having a beer=drunkeness, and that people are drunk only after midnight. And it isn't "only", as you put it. I gave an example that it wasn't all freedom and fun under Thaksin, but you twisted what I wrote to suit your own agenda.

what i meant was that is not the only benefit to a country , this could be easily regulated / limited to a certain area ...., and midnight 00 hours is short but 16 hours opening to " beer belly up" :burp: and have fun i guess would be controllable ...., ( some "recovery"time needed also...:whistling: )

Of course the Farang bar & nightlife entertainment managers will disagree ..... and then we call the Thais GREEDY ....:ermm:

(so far my "agenda " ,....what about yours....? ) :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  think the current govt is  excellent

there is  no  corruption and Mr Prayut  is doing an excellent  job,

I dont want to be overly  positive though *** **** **** I think he might need a  little  less  hair  dye. 

Agree with all, especially the overuse of soot, used engine oil and "discreet" fade to black.

2 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Every leaders have their dark side is unavoidable, but if they can balance their dirty agendas with taking care of their citizens needs and they could make happy lifestyle.For sure many people don’t give a damn about the politicians' sh*t.
The politicians should understand that if there are no people, there wouldn't be any government or leaders either. They need to build the trust among their citizens.

"The politicians should understand that if there are no people, there wouldn't be any government or leaders either. They need to build the trust among their citizens. "

The so controlled DDR (east Germany) (1 on 4 police, gov. agent or others...????) ...realized that at some point as the people just marched to the Berlin Wall and demanded to open , chanting (we are the people ...) 

They realized they could not shoot them all.....as then no subjects anymore and need to work themselves ....

And .... they give in and united a 2 German people divided because an ending WW2 

But Thailand population & politics is far of that point ....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Seems to be a global problem.

I just recollect the Thaksin times seemed more positive, his picture was everywhere you went and the locals were optimistic, feeling they were on the up and up.

His picture was everywhere because he ordered it to be everywhere which annoyed somebody else whose picture was already there for a long time before Thaksin, if you get my drift!

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

I was living Living here when he was PM in those days the Thai people seemed to be very happy I cannot say the same today maybe he wasn’t the rogue he was made out to be and maybe a lot of Thais wish he was back in charge of running the country I’m sure he wouldn’t be wasting money on submarines or other defence equipment but spending the money on those in need of it 

He wouldn't be wasting money on submarines, he was too busy stealing it.

He wasn't a particularly good Prime minister, he created an illusion, and many of his policies unraveled and would have unraveled even if he had remained in power.

His war on drugs was a PR exercise and many innocent people lost their lives, his rice pledging could not go on, it was built on pillars of sand, and cost the country billions, the health scheme could have worked with further funds diverted to it.

He was greedy, he was and remains a personable narcissist.

I was here throughout his reign and the coup right up to the tanks steaming through Bangkok with yellow ribbons on their sleeves, I was there taking photos.

And that was his biggest error, he alienated he who could not be alienated

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

If you guys want to talk about the good old days, I would say more like 1990-2000.

Bars could do what they wanted, opening times were free, everybody was laid back and not much taken seriously. The Go go bars were fun, raucous, and cheap for Westerners.

Farmers used to wave as out airplanes came in to land at Don Muang. Bangkok was buzzing. Pattaya took about 4 to 4.5 hours to get to because no motorways. No flyovers, No BTS.

There were 'No elephants '  signs up in Pattaya within city limits. The hordes of Russians and Chinese and idiotic lager lout Brits had not arrived. There were plenty of people with money coming to Thailand then.

Beaches and roads less crowded, nowhere near the amount of crime there is now.

Smiling faces were everywhere.

And this was all before Thaksin and his silly dreams of making Thailand like Singapore with him as Captain of the ship.

All he did, was replace one set of corrupt politicians with his own set of corrupt politicians.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, david555 said:

But Thailand population & politics is far of that point ...

That maybe because the level of critical thinking and politics system in third world countries are different from western countries. 
As we can noticed that there isn’t any freedom of speech here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

(so far my "agenda " ,....what about yours....? ) :thumbsup:

I don't have one, except to point out that there were negatives as well as positives to the Thaksin era. And that their policy of trying to close down nightlife at midnight was lunacy. No holiday venue does that.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, david555 said:

No problem for me when he "could " come back , as i remember in his era Thailand was fun , as the Thais smiled more than now the grim smile under P. already so many years 

Yes, completely agree, though Thaksin's "war on drugs" did kill over 5,000 people in less than 3 months and his escalation of the military suppression in the southern provinces along with the abduction of some hundreds, never to be seen again, remains a resented, recalcitrant, festering issue to this day.

54 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

His picture was everywhere because he ordered it to be everywhere which annoyed somebody else whose picture was already there for a long time before Thaksin, if you get my drift!

Of course I do... I actually used to refer to him a xxxx Thaksin, which achieved a dirty look off my Mrs.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, david555 said:

Oh .... but that opens a big list for so many before  him ...... "a sheep " don't survive in  this dirty politic world ????

Exactly , You don't reach the top of the politics game without becoming a Snake in the proccess.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, lolalol said:

Serious question. 

When I first came to Thailand around 2017~2018, Thais smiled a lot. Very natural and beautiful smiles. 

When I came back around 2019~2020, I sensed that Thais smiled a lot less. Very fed up looking smiles. 

Q1. Did Thais smile more before 2017?

Q2. What happened between 2018 & 2019 to make Thai smiles fade away?

Reality of a corrupt and inept government set in, a government taking the country in one direction, down????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lolalol said:

Serious question. 

When I first came to Thailand around 2017~2018, Thais smiled a lot. Very natural and beautiful smiles. 

When I came back around 2019~2020, I sensed that Thais smiled a lot less. Very fed up looking smiles. 

Q1. Did Thais smile more before 2017?

Q2. What happened between 2018 & 2019 to make Thai smiles fade away?

I've always though that the 1980s was the happiest of times for the Thais and myself.