New “Thaksin’s wave” peculiar in its timing

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

While I would prefer Thaksin to the current administration you have to ask the question.

Can Thailand really not find better leaders than this?

Thaksin is not the answer to Thailands woes, bringing him back just re-writes history.

Thailand needs something or someone new and enterprising, not another large family monopoly.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, david555 said:

No problem for me when he "could " come back , as i remember in his era Thailand was fun , as the Thais smiled more than now the grim smile under P. already so many years 

Agree, he was running things for the good of the Thai people.  OK, well maybe not.  Perhaps for the good of himself and the Oligarchy he ran.  His ambition, foolishly, led him to believe he was more powerful than the One.

• Like 1

If Thaksin wants to come back this month, then all he has to do is go to Germany BioNTech and procure a substantial allotment of BNT (Pfizer) vaccine to bring back to Thailand.

Easier said than done, but Foxconn, TSMC, and some buddhist org Tzu Chi did this for CCP / Taiwan.
       https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4254073

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I think it would be difficult for any civilian government to survive for long here with the military, backed by the Bangkok elite scrutinising every move. I'm sure that in the past a lot of good policies have been shelved because of a shake of the head from the military.

There is 1 above the military that could nullify them and the HISOs in Bangkok.  If enough Thai's take to the street then this person could step in and dictate direction.  It would be this or possibly lose their place in Thailand.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, david555 said:

No problem for me when he "could " come back , as i remember in his era Thailand was fun , as the Thais smiled more than now the grim smile under P. already so many years 

Fun? Are u serious. Under his watch, bars and clubs had to shut by midnight! It was much more fun before he arrived. You obviously weren't here then. He started the trend that has descended more and more ever since.

https://www.euromoney.com/article/b1320swzn2b1zz/thaksin-hits-thailands-legendary-nightlife

Edited by Card
  • Like 1

A "leader" with too much self interest and willing to conduct severe corruption should not be the "savior" of this vunerable nation. So many quality actions have to be taken by the Thai government. Only a true and wise people and country loving person and a progressive similar cabinet can bring Thailand forward as a modern quality state. In my view is Thaksin not that kind of statesman.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

Let's not forget Thailands best mate is China.

Does China have influence in Thailand? Yes  

Does China like democracy? Nope

Mr. Xi started dressing like Mao. Notice anyone else who wears the same shirt?

Actually China's financial imperialism is a threat to not only Asia, Africa and the poor eastern Europe countries are already "invaded" by huge Chinese companies which influence local government decissions...

• Like 2

many years ago he founded the part "Thai Rak Thai", but locals here often said smiling: Thaksin Rak Thaksin!

in other words: if you think about no corruption, honesty and justice equal for all, then don't vote for him. there's a big solid reason he doesn't want to leave Dubai!

39 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

If Thaksin wants to come back this month, then all he has to do is go to Germany BioNTech and procure a substantial allotment of BNT (Pfizer) vaccine to bring back to Thailand.

Easier said than done, but Foxconn, TSMC, and some buddhist org Tzu Chi did this for CCP / Taiwan.
       https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4254073

Do you really THINK a moment the present powers would allow him to do that ...?????

They would like to see more dyings than let him Thaksin to help them with his money to make a serious vaccinating program ....

Get real ....it would be the worst humiliation for the present "leader" ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, david555 said:

Up to a point. But it was his government who introduced restricted alcohol selling times, and tried to close down nightclubs at midnight and bars at 10pm. Not much fun there.

• Like 1