Thinking of buying some land, please check my thinking :)

On 8/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, JayBird said:

Are you saying that the Amphur will decide what kind of house I can have? The design, style, etc?

in my understanding:
Unless in a private compound, I do not know of prescribed design / style,
and, as far as I know, Communities do not have a "design approval committee" that needs to approve plans.
Ampheu checks that the design is in line with prescribed structural specifications.
(in this area Over 100 sqm, they issue a building permit. under 100 sqm they issue a certificate of approval. )
Try to find an engineer that does the technical design for you. (Ask recommendation at Ampheu sometimes is easiest way.)
If it is a first house you design yourself, ask an interior design professional to give a critique on the layout , the plumbing, wiring, East/West axis etc.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2021 at 5:03 AM, johng said:

There have been reports on her that certain land offices refuse to issue usufructs  to foreigners  so  please check carefully at your land office before buying.

The person serving us in the land office did not know what an escro or a usufruct was I have to show them in a book and then they translated the pages into english and gave me a usufruct

• Like 1