Thailand’s national police chief is worth 104 million baht

webfact

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Nothing to do with it, but nor do you.

$44,400 becomes $3,100,000 after all living expenses., you tell us how...?

In all fairness he and or his wife could have inherited land and other wealth from parents or other relatives which would be included in their declared assets. Also his wife may have some well paid position in industry or government. The facts as laid out really are not much use at all.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

You borrow it. There is a highly developed peer to peer lending system available in certain circles.

Money brokers raise the cash - at a significant cost!

That's right. There are always rich businessmen around the assistant commissioner I know. 

They land the money for zero interest and get paid back in 'boom koon'. 

3 hours ago, smedly said:

what is the point of these declarations if they don't investigate where the money came from

The point is that in Thailand you are a star if  you are rich, no matter where the money comes from.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parsve said:

The point is that in Thailand you are a star if  you are rich, no matter where the money comes from.

How true...????

That's why folk here wear fancy watches, expensive handbags, designer this and that but live in a shed.

The "Look at me, I am well off" brigade.....????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

He is probably thinking he is worth a lot more after he heard David Cameron got paid over 300 million baht working 2 and a half years part time for an investment bank. Nothing will stick to David Cameron so why pick on this honest Police Chief.

You are a biographer...?

104 Million Baht is definitely a nice amount to be able to save out of a 1.5 Million Baht annual salary. I wonder if we can rest assured, that all of it has been declared and taxed in his annual tax returns?

Edited by Xonax

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, it was more than 100 million baht. 

So the salary is peanuts , a drop in the ocean to what he really gets “ unofficially” just what he charges for promotions and to get stationed at certain places made all the money back in the first year. What he declared is just a fraction of what he is really worth. If I had to guess I would say he is worth around half a billion and will be worth close to a billion by the time re retired or moved to another position 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eibot said:

He earns the salary of an international school teacher and he is worth 2.6 Million Euro's.

If this doesn't bring up red flag, than I don't know what doesn't. 

Wow......international school teachers only earn that much? Think I will stick to my regular English teaching gig.

12 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

To be a teller in a bank you need a few million to secure the position. Even crappy jobs cost money!

No you do not????????????. Only need to have bachelor degree, someone to guarantee for you and some banks want 10000-15000 deposit, employee deposit 

• Like 1