Thailand’s national police chief is worth 104 million baht

webfact

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so what's new ?  .......  politicians worldwide amass huge amounts of money and assets during there tenure. It's no different .... the big guys in Western countries get backhanders for favors, jobs, whatever ... it's just not mentioned that's all.  I'd like to see some bank accounts and assets for some of the top level brass in UK or US,  I know of a politician in Australia a couple of years back where it was confirmed he amassed 32 houses / rental PROPERTIES if I remember correctly.  

Question is not what he amassed but what he declared he amassed.

Politician in AU you supposedly know about was not hiding his wealth otherwise you would not have known and same politician you supposedly know was taxed on all of it.

Man in question amassed 100 times what he is declaring, everyone knows it and yet no one bothers to really check. Has any tax being paid for the undeclared wealth? Answer is nadda. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Side effects of being able to read and not wearing glasses. Keep taking the meds and eventually you should be able to see

What meds? Have you appointed yourself as my private doctor?

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And a "wealth" of 104 million baht is something for the news because of what? There are many persons in Thailand with that amount. Nothing to lift any eye brows over. Just let the guy be.

Exactly. 104 million baht is a tiny amount for someone that age and in that line of work. Standard networth for a retired Thai police chief is closer to 1 billion baht. This guy is definitely not reporting everything he has and for good reason. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

You mention 2.4 million Euros like it was a lot. 

For you English teachers, I guess it is. 

Comparing the head policeman to a teacher is ridiculous. 

It's quite amazing how the point flies right over your head.

The point is not that it is a lot of money...

'For you English teachers, I guess it is. "

I own a IT company and yes, that is a lot of money for me. Even for a millionaire, 2.4 million EURO is still a lot. But again, that is not the point. 

The point is that his wealth is extremely big in relation to his monthly salary. Meaning he would never have been able to save that much just from his work. So where did the money come from?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

At 5 million baht a year,

a) Then you either have a teaching school and are not merely a teaching kids (or you teach Aerospace Engineering or something).

b) That's not really what we mean by rich. Sending 3 kids to International school alone is already 3 million per year. 

Anyway, you're making a considerable more amount than your peers, so good on you. 

Edited by Eibot

Just now, Eibot said:

Lol

You may laugh, but 5 mil for a year's work (year after year) can't be sneezed at. I was especially loving it when I was teaching 3 hours a week during last year's pandemic times (this year I've had to do a bit more work). 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Do you really have to ask?

Stay in Thailand for a few years and it will become apparent. 

You obviously are not friendly with any policemen.  

Lol, yeah. That was a rhetorical question. I think we all know where the money comes from. 

2 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

You may laugh, but 5 mil for a year's work (year after year) can't be sneezed at. I was especially loving it when I was teaching 3 hours a week during last year's pandemic times (this year I've had to do a bit more work). 

I replied on the wrong comment with my "lol". It was at the other guy.

Please re-read my message ????

13 minutes ago, Eibot said:

It's quite amazing how the point flies right over your head.

The point is not that it is a lot of money...

'For you English teachers, I guess it is. "

I own a IT company and yes, that is a lot of money for me. Even for a millionaire, 2.4 million EURO is still a lot. But again, that is not the point. 

The point is that his wealth is extremely big in relation to his monthly salary. Meaning he would never have been able to save that much just from his work. So where did the money come from?

Most probably it comes from sources that we would not recognize as ordinary. However, their can be more explanations. He could have inherited a lot. Maybe he owns companies and are good at investing his money. He might also have a rich wife. I am not saying all is above board, but there might be explanations for parts his wealth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Most probably it comes from sources that we would not recognize as ordinary. However, their can be more explanations. He could have inherited a lot. Maybe he owns companies and are good at investing his money. He might also have a rich wife. I am not saying all is above board, but there might be explanations for parts his wealth.

Agreed, I also didn't call him corrupt, but a big red flag it is. 

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And a "wealth" of 104 million baht is something for the news because of what? There are many persons in Thailand with that amount. Nothing to lift any eye brows over. Just let the guy be.

He is a cop at the highest salary he has ever had, started out at what 20,000 a month or lower. So do the math he has no way with his salary to be that wealthy. Just luck I guess

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Oh we forgot….dont ask questions.  Let possible corruption go unnoticed or challenged 

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Pm is on about 235000 per month , his wealth now from memory 180 million but you can ignore declared assets because it’s utter bs, way too easy to hide money in this country.

Some say he did some deal worth 350 million and paid a deposit of 190 million when he only had 180 million in total .so that alone shows all their declared numbers are maybe 1/10 of what they are really worth 

I wonder how much the Chinese payed him to come into Thailand to hunt for a drug trafficker? 

3 hours ago, Pharoticus said:

They don't affect me. Because I moved away from Thailand. Because I just grew sick of everything. 

Because I wanted a better life. In a better country. Free from all the sick news I used to read every day.

I honestly pity expats in Thailand. I really do. 

Do you want to know what shocked me most when I moved away from Thailand after having lived there for over 20 years ---- I didn't miss a thing. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. 

It's a terrible thing to say. But I miss nothing whatsoever about Thailand. I would strongly encourage you guys to re-consider your retirement plans.  

Why are you on Thai Visa or whatever it's called now?