Bangkok Hospital Pattaya now offering Covid-19 vaccination services for eligible foreigners

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Thaifly88 said:

Alternative to Waiting for Pattaya Vaccine Rollout

Up until 20 August, there is a choice of vaccine at Bangkok's MedPark Hospital.

Pfizer, Astrozeneca or Sinovac - you choose on arrival, there is no charge.

They prefer you to pre-register at medparkhospital.com and select a date/time but they were not too strict about this when I went outside my appointment time but on the registered day. You will be given a second appointment at the same time as the first jab.

Similar to the other posts, if you are over 60, you go straight in and get jabbed, if under 60, you need proof of one of the underlying medical conditions.

I was vaccinated a few days ago, the process was very streamlined, and I left the hospital an hour after I arrived.

For those prepared to go to Bangkok from Pattaya, I would recommend this approach, rather than waiting for Pattaya hospitals to come up to speed for everyone.

I am over 60, have tried to register at Memorial and BPH without success. Others appear to have done so, but it appears to be a bit haphazard, with no firm appointment dates - things will probably take a positive turn in this regard at some future time, but I didn't want to wait.

There are no roadblocks or checkpoints between Bangkok and Pattaya at the moment.

If you feel you need to rest after the jab, you can stay at Ibis Sathorn hotel, a short walkable distance away for well under 1,000 THB, and go back to Pattaya the next day. 

The downside of all this is that you will be up for 2 return taxi trips to Bangkok.

Thanks for the info, hopefully you can provide a bit more...

With regards to selecting the date and time, if this something that happens after you submit the initial form as I can not see anything on the first page that allows this?

15 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

My whole medical history in Thailand is with BPH.

Of the 7 underlying reasons, I tick the box for 3.

My application was denied due to lack of proof of those underlying conditions and was requested to undergo a full medical check up @ Bt.14,900.

Then you are an outlier...I personally know of four other BPH patients who have had their AZ vaccine in the past two weeks.  I had mine earlier this week.

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paul Kernell said:

I had my 1st dose at Chaiyapruk indoor stadium on Thursday, walk in with your passport after 1pm when they've finished the Thais, Astra Zenaca, took about an hour. I believe they are still there, 2nd dose booked in November.

Good to see someone actually getting off their @rse and taking responsibility for themselves rather than sitting behind a keyboard blaming others for their own inability to do anything.

PH

19 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Program 1 every Tuesday
1st dose: AstraZeneca
2nd dose: AstraZeneca

Program 2 every Wednesday
1st dose: SINOVAC
2nd dose: SINOVAC

Program 3 every Thursday
2nd dose: AstraZeneca'

Why do I suspect that Wednesdays will be a holiday except for Chinese nationals?

19 hours ago, david555 said:

But still no news from expatvac registration about appointment date ,

must we keep forever& ever registering .....

that would only put the numbers up , not the candidates ...

And stil no Pzifer ...? Pfizer...Pfizer ...where brought they you too?? ????

the monkeys have done a runner with our Pfizer

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, malibukid said:

the monkeys have done a runner with our Pfizer

O.K. that does it ....???? now i phone Langley W-Virginia..... ????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

Smedly hi in actual fact you could argue that Thailand is very well organised now on administering

the vaccines.  Its not really a mess at all.   Impressive at Bang Sue Station and even more impressive at Med Park Hospital even though they were swamped with people on the first day, 10th August.

I for one think they are orgainsing it very well indeed.

2 hours ago, nahkit said:

Thanks for the info, hopefully you can provide a bit more...

With regards to selecting the date and time, if this something that happens after you submit the initial form as I can not see anything on the first page that allows this?

Just keep going with the application - I think it was the last screen where you enter your date / time appointment preference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Then you are an outlier...I personally know of four other BPH patients who have had their AZ vaccine in the past two weeks.  I had mine earlier this week.

PH

what happen to the epatvac promise that we would be notified?  the silence is deafening .

I got my first dose of AZ two weeks ago at BPH on a Friday. I got appointment the day before when I called BPH up (I'm 71). Asked if I had other conditions, so I mentioned diabetes but was tested previous week & numbers in safe zone perhaps due to my change in diet.

I'd registered there and about everywhere previously, along with wife registering me here and there too. What got me in (I think) was calling them up. Getting vax here is like checking in at Indian airport: keep pushing, keeping calling.

My second shot is scheduled for Oct 22. We'll see how that goes...

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

PH

What was the criteria they were accepted.

under 60 with underlying condition that were on record and did not need an expensive medical check up to prove ?

14 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

It says "first dose only", but on Thursdays you can book for a second dose of AZ?

I had my first in Bangkok, I'm trying to get my second locally and not have the risky trip up again.  

Already asked BPH about that, " Further to your message, we regret to inform you that we cannot provide the second dose vaccine that has been vaccinated from anywhere else as the government will allocate for each specific health care providers."

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bangkok Hospital Pattaya in association with the Department of Disease Control and the Thai Ministry of Public Health are offering COVID-19 vaccination services (first dose) to foreign residents in Thailand.

This is encouraging news for me (and others) here in Siem Reap, Cambodia. Having been informed by my landlord that the AZ vaccine was available at the Royal Angkor International Hospital (part of the BDMS - Bangkok Hospital Group), I went and made enquiries. Unfortunately (and being Friday the 13th maybe) this was not the case, however the courteous staff did say that Government approval has been given for private purchases of vaccines and that the hospital was waiting for further information regarding the vaccination of foreigners - at a cost! I am willing to pay for any non-Chinese vaccine.

On 8/13/2021 at 4:42 PM, Gold Star said:

As per the news link:

'Foreign residents vaccination program is set for Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays only as per details below:

Program 1 every Tuesday
1st dose: AstraZeneca
2nd dose: AstraZeneca

Program 2 every Wednesday
2nd dose: SINOVAC

Program 3 every Thursday
2nd dose: AstraZeneca'

So don't bother going Wednesday or Thursday.

Go Tuesday and hope they will actually have Astra available for the second dose.

On 8/13/2021 at 4:59 PM, david555 said:

But still no news from expatvac registration about appointment date ,

must we keep forever& ever registering .....

that would only put the numbers up , not the candidates ...

And stil no Pzifer ...? Pfizer...Pfizer ...where brought they you too?? ????

they can keep it for you haha