Gf messed up the ceiling

SilentSal

58 minutes ago, SilentSal said:

It’s not about the money it’s a matter of principle. I have no idea who you are and frankly I don’t care. I don’t need any life lessons from you but thanks “dad”. 

My question is why would she want to be with you in the first place, is she biggun?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Do you charge her for use of the air-con ?... y’know, just to be fair an equal ???

Seriously... charging for a mistake, its a bit of a d!<k move... actually, its a lot of a d!<k move...  classy guy !

No we both work. But I pay for everything. Thanks for your input. I am pretty classy actually also haha if I do say so myself. 

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Then why even bother with the story ?

“Hey guys, any idea how to fix this ?” - picture attached... 

OR a whinge about his girl making a mistake and showing what a man he is by charging her for the fix !!!...

A real man of course would google the the fix !!! 

I felt a bit of context would liven up you and everyone’s Friday night and it seems it did the trick by inciting a lovely response from you and some of the others. 

cheers. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, blackcab said:

You would be surprised how many different shades of white there are.

In the U.S. I used a lot of "Antique White" over the years.  Very nice shade.  Went to a Big Box store and asked for it.  The mixer guy gave me a look and a little lip and pointed to a rack with a huge number of "white" paint samples.  I took a glance, grabbed a sample ticket just from eyeballing and handed it to the guy.  Sure enough, "antique white".  ????

I raised two boys.  I got good at making invisible sheet rock repairs and overpainting/blending where they punched holes or drew on walls with markers.  (Probably an outgrowth of altering the birth date on my ID so I could buy beer as a minor.) 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SilentSal said:

I want to change rooms soon so that’s why I need to fix it now. I’m not worried about the future with any woman. Also I’m not asking anyone for relationship advice. Thanks anyway. 

just because you didn't ask for relationship advice, doesn't mean you will not get any, this is aseannow

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Blaming you?  Did you pull the paint off or her?  In either case can not imagine coming onto a forum to moan about it or expecting someone to pay extra costs for trying to give you a happy birthday but guess I am of a different generation.  

His fault for having a birthday...remember this is a Thai woman......555

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, tonray said:

His fault for having a birthday...remember this is a Thai woman......555

He now seems to claim it was just a troll - guess he feels exempt from forum rule 9.

6 hours ago, SilentSal said:

I felt a bit of context would liven up you and everyone’s Friday night and it seems it did the trick by inciting a lovely response from you and some of the others. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, jvs said:

Take a small paint chip and take it to a good paint shop,they have a computer that can scan

the color and give you the exact same color

I have yet to find a shop that has a computer to scan the colour,  all the ones I have been to  only have  printed colour swatches  where you have to pick the best match  and that can be tricky  due to  lighting conditions in the shop  also the paint machine has to be kept in good condition and cleaned properly other wise the colour can be  different to the calculated colour..in my experience the colour is wrong more times than its right

often very close but the human eye is very good at detecting shades of colour.

if the gyprock facing is lifting you need to use a stanlry knife/box cutter to cut around that area, make sure that all the edges of the damage are solid then patch it, sand  and apply 2 coats of matching paint, you can  lightly stipple the  painted area with the brush you use so it will match into the ceiling better as it will look like the paint applied by a roller.

I had exactly the same problem several years ago - she used masking tape!!!!

I decided to just wait for the balloons to fall off - which they all did, eventually - some left the tape behind, others came off with no damage to the ceiling.

Thinking is ....

Talk about a cheap charlie.

They sell that texture spray in a can. At least they do in the US. Also called Acoustic Spray Texture. Or popcorn ceiling texture.

Just peel away or scrape off all the loose stuff gentally before you apply it. Only problem would be matching the color.

You know the girls are only using half of there brain most of the time.

Don't need to be so hard on her.

Ceiling Texture Can.jpg

Edited by rskdev21

16 hours ago, SilentSal said:

Thanks for your input. I’m sure you like getting stepped all over but I believe in being fair. I was not at fault so I shouldn’t be responsible for the damages as her names on the lease as well. 

I would assume you share all expenses then, so share this expense too.

• Like 2