Gf messed up the ceiling

SilentSal

2 minutes ago, SilentSal said:

Yes I know that and I appreciate it. But would you want to pay for something you didn’t do? Blaming me and telling me to pay for it is just wrong. 

They are never guilty. I made the same experience. They would be the perfect lawyers. But I guess your girlfriend is much poorer than you. Anyway. I would ask the owner. If you have bad luck you take someone and it might look worse than now. But even if you meet a genius it might not look the same and the owner might complain. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Blaming you?  Did you pull the paint off or her?  In either case can not imagine coming onto a forum to moan about it or expecting someone to pay extra costs for trying to give you a happy birthday but guess I am of a different generation.  

She pulled it off. I’m not moaning about it, I’m just trying to figure out how to fix it. Thanks for your input. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Actually you are moaning about it and made sure in your OP that your GF was at fault for putting up some balloons for your birthday.

Your OP should have asked how do i repair the marks on my ceiling?

And the simple answer is buy some paint and brushes and get on with it....Thai Watsadu will have all you need.

Yes, I put more context than I should’ve. Thanks for your input. 

8 minutes ago, jvs said:

Take a small paint chip and take it to a good paint shop,they have a computer that can scan

the color and give you the exact same color,some filler and an hours work.

I hope you will treat your next girlfriend better.

Thanks for your input. I’m sure you like getting stepped all over but I believe in being fair. I was not at fault so I shouldn’t be responsible for the damages as her names on the lease as well. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, jvs said:

I also believe in being fair,you are totally over reacting,a few chips of paint off the ceiling and you want to see money.

Me getting stepped all over?You have no idea,do you?

Never mind,life will teach you.

It’s not about the money it’s a matter of principle. I have no idea who you are and frankly I don’t care. I don’t need any life lessons from you but thanks “dad”. 

• Sad 8
  • Haha 1

I know it's a bit late now but you don't need tape to fix balloons to the ceiling.

You just need to rub the inflated balloons on your shirt, jumper or hair and the static electricity you create will be enough for the balloons to temporarily stick to the ceiling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

PLEASE explain to your GF:.....

IF she had used Helium balloons, 

There would have been NO NEED of Tape,

And your ceiling would still be intact.

Still, it is a simple matter to repair the ceiling.

I just hope that it will be as simple to repair your trust in your GF's practicality.

Maybe you will, in the future, ask your GF to be more careful when using balloons.

Here is a nice tune to cheer you up while contemplating the ceiling repair costs:

Regards,

Gamma

I asked her why she didn’t buy helium balloons and she said they were more expensive haha. It’s alright though since now I know how to fix it.

thanks.