Wearing a mask forever ? So great ! World has never been so clean ! I love the new normal !

thierryviteau

13 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

some masks in use are really filthy ,,tobacao stains and general gunge eyuk.. havent been changed for years

Well if that is what the mask is like, image what the undergarments would be like.

I have COPD, and a mask does make breathing very difficult for me as does the fogging of glasses etc. when I walk around the town or malls, Tesco etc I’m breathing heavily quite quickly. Get back to our development and I can walk around with the dog without a mask and my breathing is hardly affected. And yes I’ve tried the cheap and cheerful up to 2000 baht for a mask and all much of a muchness. I’m more likely to die with my mask than without it. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, poppysdad said:

I have COPD, and a mask does make breathing very difficult for me as does the fogging of glasses etc. when I walk around the town or malls, Tesco etc I’m breathing heavily quite quickly. Get back to our development and I can walk around with the dog without a mask and my breathing is hardly affected. And yes I’ve tried the cheap and cheerful up to 2000 baht for a mask and all much of a muchness. I’m more likely to die with my mask than without it. 

Have you tried respirator type mask with 1 or 2 valves ?

images (7).jpg

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Supposed to be easy to breathe in

https://shopspacemask.com/?utm_source=rainmaker&utm_medium=yahoo&utm_campaign=415109643&utm_term=yahoo.com&utm_content=37103403245&vmcid=p%24g%2co%24124d5312-11fa-11ec-be30-008cfac342a4-7f8bb6154700%2ct%241631252628695

On 9/2/2021 at 10:56 PM, shdmn said:

It doesn't.  The chart shows a decrease of 35% for 60+, 23% for 50-60, but 40-50 and less than 40 showed no significant difference.  So if anything, the study proves they are not that effective.  I don't think anyone was saying they don't work at all.  Just that they are not that effective.  Especially against delta.

It should be noted this study was conducted before prevanlence of delta (November 2020 to April 2021). Before delta came along virtually no one in Thailand had died of covid, then came daily numbers higher than the previous entire year's numbers.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 8:47 PM, 3NUMBAS said:

some masks in use are really filthy ,,tobacao stains and general gunge eyuk.. havent been changed for years

Unless the government gives them for free, what else did you expect? First lockdown in NZ it was hard to even find a mask for sale, and the pharmacy I tried was asking $10 for one disposable mask, or $16 for a washable one ( face covering was not mandatory during first lockdown and hardly anyone wore them  where I live ).

No wonder the government was saying that even a scarf around one's face was acceptable, and even now they refer to "face coverings" and NOT masks.

Now the government has made face coverings mandatory in many places it is easy to buy masks at supermarkets ( not sold in local supermarket before ) for a reasonable price, but if one is living in one's car because one can't afford to rent a place, one isn't going to pay for masks.

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Those masks with valves are apparently being banned already in certain places ( I think on planes ) because they provide no protection at all for anyone else. The contaminated air is not filtered as it exits the mask.

The poster says he has COPD and trouble brething in masks, my info was for him as he could probably breath better in them. I am aware that they protect the wearer not so much those around him. I wear them or N95  masks without valeves depending on my mood as I am double vaxed with AZ and will take a Pfizer booster later.  The masks with valves are banned on planes but not many other places.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Tony125, i have looked and tried to buy and it seems they only ship to the US and Canada - unless you know different.

The N95 masks I showed with valves are sold at many hi-end pharmacies in malls in Thailand ,the other mask I showed you I have not bought but if they only ship to US/Canada  order it online and see if a relative /friend can mail it to you.  My brother sends me stuff all the time and my friends when visiting ask if I want anything I can't easily get here.   There are also some forwarding places in US that will re-ship products you order to anyplace in the world. Examples below:

https://www.myus.com/welcome/thailand/?aid=1000721&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign={campaign}&utm_content={adgroup}&gclid=CjwKCAjwhOyJBhA4EiwAEcJdcb_dgicU9tbFELkZIfzMi-pZyPcp1xiIRN6DXo2gYNb0zCZA_uOVZRoC4vkQAvD_BwE

https://www.reship.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjwhOyJBhA4EiwAEcJdcQz3h3b84lRlgfQJVkFiJexE__nW3nj8v830iFh9LURSNf_rYX6EURoCC8wQAvD_BwE

10 hours ago, Thunglom said:

seem to be a lot of fat old men on this thread!

I may have reached senior years (72), however at 69 kgs, hardly "fat".

I wonder how many hours of vigorous physical exercise, cycling, gym, swimming you carry out each week.

• Haha 1

It is clear that the old men on this thread are very touchy about their age and physique. Some are disparate to distance themselves from overweight, alcohol consuming stereotype. Kind fo misunderstands the original comment though, doesn't it?

There is however a thought process that seems to dominate even the less fat - a lack of critical thinking that probably stems from their educational background.

There seems to be a reluctance to understand why masks are worn and even an ignorance of S.E. Asian attitudes towards mask wearing that goes back way beyond covid.

There is as a result of the lack of critical thinking, a tendency to cling to absurd cliches in defence of not wearing mask.

I think one has to put it down to the vagaries of old age?

Edited by Thunglom
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DBath said:

I'm 65, so I guess that makes me old - in your book. For me it's not a matter of whether or not I think it's prudent to wear a mask, I do. It's that anyone would stand-up, like a sugar-coated pansy and proclaim, "It's so great to wear a mask, isn't it?". As if wearing a mask is the best thing to ever happen to mankind - sorry, but I just find that extremely weird. Then there are those like you who vehemently support that there is something wrong with me or anyone else who doesn't happen to like wearing a mask. What kind of "Hostess Twinky" does that? 

I don't like wearing a mask and I don't have to like it. Doesn't mean I refuse to wear one during these covid times we're in.

Too many like you are coming to conclusions that simply don't exist. On top of all that, you try to blame it on all the old timers - get real!! 

Regardless of age, that is a very "old" response...... no understanding of the issues and a lack of critical thinking - you need to update your mind.

...and of course you make assumptions about me that are totally baseless and irrational.

I currently live and work with older people and quite apart from dementia th one thing you notice is how with many, their thinking becomes wooly and frayed at the edges. too many synaptic shortcuts.

Edited by Thunglom

1 hour ago, DBath said:

You're so full of BS, it's come out your eyes, ears, nose and mouth. Every single one of your baseless claims lacks detail, substance and backup - a vague rambling synopsis...

When I worked for a Big 4 management consulting, tax and audit firm in the US, I used to regularly hang out with the younger professionals on each of the projects I worked on and we got along famously. I had no problem whatsoever holding my own with them in any area - in fact, most of them looked at me as their mentor.

I could never see myself having that kind of relationship - or even discourse - with someone like you. Those younger professionals I worked with were intelligent and highly educated people ranging in age from 23 to their early 30's. Most of them had their MBA's and reported directly to me and some were even peers.

You aren't even worthy to be a pimple on the <deleted> of any of one of those younger people I used to work with, because you are what I would term "a lightweight" due to your vagueness and lack of intellectual capacity.

Now...you may crawl back under whatever rock it is you emerged from...go ahead, you have my permission.

QED! - wow! Touched a nerve or what!

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2021 at 4:12 AM, DBath said:

I'm 65, so I guess that makes me old - in your book. For me it's not a matter of whether or not I think it's prudent to wear a mask, I do. It's that anyone would stand-up, like a sugar-coated pansy and proclaim, "It's so great to wear a mask, isn't it?". As if wearing a mask is the best thing to ever happen to mankind - sorry, but I just find that extremely weird. Then there are those like you who vehemently support that there is something wrong with me or anyone else who doesn't happen to like wearing a mask. What kind of "Hostess Twinky" does that? 

I don't like wearing a mask and I don't have to like it. Doesn't mean I refuse to wear one during these covid times we're in.

Too many like you are coming to conclusions that simply don't exist. On top of all that, you try to blame it on all the old timers - get real!! 

"It's that anyone would stand-up, like a sugar-coated pansy and proclaim, "It's so great to wear a mask, isn't it?". As if wearing a mask is the best thing to ever happen to mankind - sorry, but I just find that extremely weird."

What's extremely weird is the alternative reality you inhabit. Maybe I don't get out enough but I have yet to encounter "a sugar-coated pansy" proclaiming "It's so great to wear a mask, isn't it?" or anything like that.

I do very occasionally encounter into a homophobe like you, though. They tend to be coated in bile, not sugar.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 1:42 PM, thailandbeachisland said:

yes it's really great that the world and especially third world is cleaner now.

I would prefer that anybody working about food or service wear a mask forever.

You think the chef in the back room is wearing a mask?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1