Wearing a mask forever ? So great ! World has never been so clean ! I love the new normal !

thierryviteau

For sure, there will be an echo effect, giving rise to a new batch of obsessive-compulsive germaphobes and gluten-free helicopter moms.  

Thankfully, mask wearing was already a thing in Asia, and I really appreciated the virtual absence of mask wearing drama here, unlike the cringe-worthy show put on in other (western) countries.  

At the same time, disingenuous social concern fuels cringe-worthy virtue signalling on social media, and that can go into the stupid zone as well. 

Bill's Burgers posts a photo of staff doing a COVID inspired deep clean of the shop, which is great, and possibly long overdue anyway.  Tim's Tacos raises the bar with a photo of his staff doing the same + spraying the joint down with disinfectant, so THAT becomes the new standard to impress consumers.  Until Charlie over at Charlie's Cheese Stix, posts a photo of HIS staff doing all that while wearing self-contained astronaut suits.  Etc., etc.....

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2021 at 6:21 PM, salsajapan said:

Clearly I really feel better now that people have masks, I just try to avoid the idiots talking on their phone, smoking, eating or drinking who put their mask on their chin.

Ahhh Feelings! The new normal.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I was in the bank last week and for a brief moment, one of the very pretty girls in there pulled down her mask and gave one of her dazzling smiles. It gave me such joy to see a pretty face laughing and smiling and I said so. It reminded of how much communication relies on facial expression and of how much I was missing it. 

I HATE masks. They are dehumanizing us. I never wear one at home or around the village and the sooner we are rid of them the better.

I was personally getting infected 3X per year from people coughing in public on trains, in the street in shopping malls and them not taking care to cover their mouth and nose.

The last bout in October 2019 was particularly bad and got a severe swelling earache. Had to see a doctor to get rid of it.

Since the mask rules and keeping distance from other humans, have not caught any cold or flu since October 2019. Long may the mask rule continue or teach people personal hygiene when in public areas.

Edited by userabcd
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1