Wearing a mask forever ? So great ! World has never been so clean ! I love the new normal !

thierryviteau

If hygiene is the only concern, then wearing mask might be a good idea, but unfortunately it is not. 

For instance , consider the health effects of rebreathing   your own breath all day. you glasses fogging up, etc.

How about communication? so much of it is accomplished via facial cues, how do we replace that, do we all learn sign language.

Then there is facial recognition.None of us will know what anyone else looks like. 

But the most important reason against wearing facemasks all the time is that some of us are way too pretty to be covering that adorable mug all the time.  

I have seen many of you in the street, and I don't blame you  for wanting to wear a mask, in fact I encourage it.

Please for the love of god cover that mug 

But for the rest of us beautiful people..... 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, DBath said:

So, now we have people relishing to wear a mask. This is case and point the world has gone totally mad. I wear a mask whenever I go out, but I can't imagine standing on the top of a mountain and exclaiming there is joy associated with doing so. What is wrong with some people? Moreso, why is this thread still living?

Can I be forgiven for laughing to myself at those that wear a mask while alone in a car?

Among the people in the small rural town I live in, many are paying little heed to the government dictat that all should wear masks while outside our homes. I'd even go so far as to say many are disregarding government wishes altogether, which will IMO lead to problems in the future if things should really go pear shaped.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sirineou said:

If hygiene is the only concern, then wearing mask might be a good idea, but unfortunately it is not. 

For instance , consider the health effects of rebreathing   your own breath all day. you glasses fogging up, etc.

How about communication? so much of it is accomplished via facial cues, how do we replace that, do we all learn sign language.

Then there is facial recognition.None of us will know what anyone else looks like. 

But the most important reason against wearing facemasks all the time is that some of us are way too pretty to be covering that adorable mug all the time.  

I have seen many of you in the street, and I don't blame you  for wanting to wear a mask, in fact I encourage it.

Please for the love of god cover that mug 

But for the rest of us beautiful people..... 

I encourage people to wear a mask as well, but I’m going to draw the line on exclaiming giddily that wearing a mask is a wonderful thing. These are two completely different issues, IMO. The second one being total lunacy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Can I be forgiven for laughing to myself at those that wear a mask while alone in a car?

Among the people in the small rural town I live in, many are paying little heed to the government dictat that all should wear masks while outside our homes. I'd even go so far as to say many are disregarding government wishes altogether, which will IMO lead to problems in the future if things should really go pear shaped.

I would never wear a mask while driving in my car. Makes it too inconvenient when I need to roll down the window and spit. ????????????

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DBath said:

I encourage people to wear a mask as well, but I’m going to draw the line on exclaiming giddily that wearing a mask is a wonderful thing. These are two completely different issues, IMO. The second one being total lunacy. 

It is a necessity at this time and I will gladly do it to protect myself, and out of respect and concern for others, but when it is no longer nessacery, The masks are gone, Those who want to continue wearing them are welcome to do so, 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO there are multiple mental health issues that will only be realised once society gets back to something resembling normality. I'd be most concerned about young children that have missed on learning to socialize with others while schools have been closed. We learn much in our very early years.

IMO the worst effects have not even begun to be seen.

I fear you may be right that we haven't yet seen the worst of the impacts on humanity, but I hope not. I think people being forced into isolation has brought forth some pretty crazy folks and some pretty crazy viewpoints - this thread being just one of many examples that come to mind.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

It is a necessity at this time and I will gladly do it to protect myself, and out of respect and concern for others, but when it is no longer nessacery, The masks are gone, Those who want to continue wearing them are welcome to do so, 

100% agree

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder when people in EU where covid is getting worst, will understand how stupid they are to stop wearing their mask...

If from the start everybody had been wearing a mask non stop, nobody had needed to vaccine, but now I am sure that the world is so stupid and just deserves what happens !

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 4:25 PM, GroveHillWanderer said:

I wear an N95 mask every time I go out of the house - I don't find it particularly uncomfortable or burdensome.

N95 masks are no more difficult to breath in than any other quality mask…all in your head

• Like 2