Wearing a mask forever ? So great ! World has never been so clean ! I love the new normal !

thierryviteau

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't speak for SEA outside Thailand, but I never saw much mask wearing in Thailand outside cities where they apparently thought cheap surgical masks would protect against pollution.

I fail to understand why anyone would claim Thais have a mask wearing "culture".

Clearly, nobody wears mask outside cities and Thai are not big time mask wearers unlike Japan. I hope that the trend changes, girls should know that they are more beautiful when we can't see their big nose.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/6/2021 at 6:34 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't speak for SEA outside Thailand, but I never saw much mask wearing in Thailand outside cities where they apparently thought cheap surgical masks would protect against pollution.

I fail to understand why anyone would claim Thais have a mask wearing "culture".

You've just given an example and then said you don't see it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/7/2021 at 5:02 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Avian flu was a unique event, like covid, not the norm. I was referring to the norm. I AM a nurse and well aware why masks are worn during surgery. The masks we used were not the cheap variety that Thais wear for pollution.

You said "You say flimsy surgical masks offfer no protection" which you are making up as I didn't say they offer "NO" protection. They offer some, but not much as air can enter from the sides.

As for Bkk, I specifically said "outside cities"- Bkk is, the last time I was there, a city.

They didn't wear masks in Chiang Mai during burning season any more than any other time of year in my experience.

What don't you understand about the fact that surgical masks are worn primarily to protect others from being infected by the wearer and not the wearer from being infected by others.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, alex88 said:

I have have mixed feelings about whether masks are helpful but I do enjoy wearing them. When I don't feel like interacting with people the mask gives me a sense of distance. 

Clearly ! they are so good to avoid talking to the useless people that we might bump in ! And also to avoiding being tracked by cameras.

This is why, covid or not, I will never quit my masks, which are also fashion items when you buy them branded <3

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 9:43 PM, toston said:

With all the champions vaccinated, you can dream about developing immunity. They fucqed the process and the nest virus might be even worst.

Maybe someday we understand that the only smart people were the unvaccinated, but I am sure that you don't believe, so much infected in your propaganda that you are.

hahaha

• Like 1

On 10/6/2021 at 7:32 AM, LarrySR said:

I wore N95 masks for 25 years at work. I'd probably be dead if I hadn't.

yes, same here, people are so stupid to complain about anything, then they complain that some people not as weak as them and clearly smarter do not ant to vaccinate...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

TBH i not read the complete topic i only mention my experience .

After a few months or 1y + i don't remember , i feel naked here without it when in public . I do now have to do it and i have gone to local shop here without ( not Thailand ) but tbh , i rather now keep my mask .

I do understand and know they are a hassle and not comfy , but i feel better with it then without . I must mention i never to happy to be in crowds , or too touchy behavior to begin with .

I keep my mask , when in busier places , even when they aren't needed , i like the more shutoff feeling it brings ...

• Confused 1

2 thoughts come to mind, reference to OP

Amazing how ignorant people were to basic hygiene in the past.

Since we all didn't die already, amazing how unimportant new hygiene standards are.  It is nicer here / Thailand now, sitting at a table and you don't stick to it, along with less flies to swat away as you eat.