Officials take swift action against foreigners in Koh Phangan not wearing masks

webfact

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I ride a pushbike regularly, but do not wear a mask while riding, I always have one with me for any time I leave my bike, but not while I'm riding, and I am not breaking the law. I agree with you about the joker not wearing a shirt though.

Shirtless runner on my fast runs and wear a shirt on slower runs. Joker? 

2 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

It's the law.

6,000 THB fine first offence.

20,000 THB fine after that.

I in the sticks and when running don't wear a mask. I have one tied to my neck because I might come in contact with people.

I hope this isn't an issue but the last few weeks I get the sense even running is not OK maskless.  Lady was video taping me yesterday or she may have just stopped her motorcycle to read a message on her phone as I was running towards her.  Paranoid!  Treadmill delivered yesterday and will start using it more often.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atpeace said:

I in the sticks and when running don't wear a mask. I have one tied to my neck because I might come in contact with people.

I hope this isn't an issue but the last few weeks I get the sense even running is not OK maskless.  Lady was video taping me yesterday or she may have just stopped her motorcycle to read a message on her phone as I was running towards her.  Paranoid!  Treadmill delivered yesterday and will start using it more often.

I wouldn’t worry too much... 

If out running / exercising and you have a mask around you neck ready to put on if you enter an enclosed or busy area then even the most neurotic and sanctimonious toad is going to look a fool if they try call you out. 

This mask issue just requires a bit of common sense, but some people seem to want to knee-cap that from both angles, i.e those refusing to wear a mask in a busy place or by targeting a lone person not wearing a mask in the middle of nowhere. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mises said:

These are not studies these are recommendations by HMG which state that it is more likely that you will catch Covid in an unventilated room because of the increased viral load, I agree with that.

I reiterate that there is no method whatsoever of proving whether an individual caught Covid indoors or outdoors hence your statement that no one has caught covid outdoors is not based on any fact it is merely your opinion. Droplets expelled from the mouth and nose due to simply breathing can carry up to 1 metre or more, when speaking that distance increases up to 1.5 metres or more depending on the sex of the person (Men's droplets tend to be expelled at a faster rate than women) and how loudly they are speaking , coughing expels droplets up to 3 metres or more. Those droplets can contain live viruses and depending on the viral load of the person they can be highly infectious whether indoors or outdoors. You cannot prove in any way whether someone caught the virus indoors or outdoors because you don't know the exact time when they were infected or where they were.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, pikao said:

There are 20+ yoga centers/schools on Koh Phangan. Don't know if these particular people have the right visa/work permit, but like for dive instructors, there is such. No envelopes needed apart from the regular fee

ok tks im surprised..

• Like 1

On 8/16/2021 at 12:00 PM, DonniePeverley said:

Yeah so next time your outdoors, and someone is coughing - go up to them, open your mouth and tell them to cough straight into you. Really sniff that cough up. You shouldn't be worried because you're outdoors. 

There are rules, and foreigners need to be more sensitive about the rules. 

Personally i would deport the lot of them and send a message - sick of the arrogance of my fellow 'immigrants' here. 

So pre pandemic you used to get right up close to people coughing and spluttering? Wow. Do you wear a mask while making love? Do you need the government to tell you what time to eat? Go to bed etc?