Officials take swift action against foreigners in Koh Phangan not wearing masks

webfact

6 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sadly, those arrogant idiots make all foreigners look bad. ????

i totally agree

and these arrogant idiots are not alone........they are everywhere in Thailand

Loads in Hua Hin.........no masks, or under the chin.

really annoys me the arrogance of a lot of foreigners here

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Shame they dont it in Pattaya, still see farangs and thais walking around with no mask on and the police do NOTHING. Only needs a few on the spot 20,000 baht fines to cure it. They think there invincible and dont give a toss about other people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Morons! Who in their right mind is travelling around as tourists in Thailand during a widespread pandemic.

Seems to me like they have greatly overestimated the benefits of yoga. Looks like it alters the brain function in a very negative and embarrassing way.

899E965D-1EE5-49ED-9530-88AD6CD3ED4F.jpeg.9a1c2d774c90b05b925dd7a476823548.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sadly it is the news such as this designed to ‘trigger’ opinion and gets recirculated which makes ‘all foreigners’ look bad...

.. The reality is a lot of people are likely to be breaking mask wearing regulations, but for some reason the faux-outrage is better thrown at groups such as this.

All the comments such as ’it is people like this who make all foreigners look bad’ just feed the media-troll...  

I just commented on that; Thai opinion always needs scapegoats: "dirty falang", "thieving Khmer, or Burmese", "smelly Indians"... On the other hand, if Thais don't wear masks or steal, it's "cause they forgot", or "they needed to buy food for the cat"... Hope, that makes news again in Western media, so that pesky tourists stay away from Thailand for good.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Arrogance and Selfishness is a Virus as bad if not worse !! Then Covid !! 

so does that apply to the Queen of the UK, the prime minister of the UK and The President of the European Commission amongst other 'rich and powerful cnuts'? Or does it just apply to a bunch of 'free hippies'?

5 minutes ago, desert dueller said:

Super spreader event. Worse than Wembley, Wimbledon or Silverstone. Btw, the nutter in the middle needs a haircut.

heard you the first time dude, shame nobody is watching or listening to what the 'one percenters' do though, eh? ????

Maybe they "should" be wearing masks. However not wearing a mask while stepping off a boat one by one  while a breeze is blowing  is probably very low on the contagion scale. Virtue-signalling is a very thin straw to clutch at with this virus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 cases total while 20 non-symptomatic thais paying for cushy hospital suite rooms. Sounds terrible!

All my wifes friends and family tested positive and because they have money they check in to a hospital room taking space from people that actually need it. Money making scheme from the beginning and the cronies hope it never ends. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DSBones said:

I use my bike a lot in/around Pattaya including a run up to the lake. I have my mask with me but do not wear it when cycling outside of town. Main reasons are (1) it does restrict air flow and is uncomfortable. (2) it gets soaked with sweat and moisture very quickly which further restricts O2 intake (3) I am frequently sipping from my water bottles and snacking on bananas/nuts etc. 

Any other time I wear my mask - walking around town etc. 

I think riding a bike is different to jogging in town. Exertion from jogging in town can result in particles being emitted in close proximity to people. Cycling on a country road less so. By not wearing a mask in these circumstances I do not think I am (a) being arrogant/selfish or (b) putting anyone at risk.

<snip>

(1) & (2) Then you have the wrong mask. Here's a link to some great masks that can be ordered with exhaust ports and N90 filters.

https://www.style-seal.com/

Order two, so when the first one gets funky, you can wash it, hang it out to dry, and have the other one ready for use.

(3) Pull it down briefly to eat your nuts and drink your water.

Is it annoying to wear a mask? Yeah, a little, but it's what we've been told to do under threat of up to a 20k baht fine including when riding a bike. Not a suggestion, an order by the government in which you live as a guest. As stated by more than just me, you make the rest of the foreigners look bad when you don't.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1