Officials take swift action against foreigners in Koh Phangan not wearing masks

webfact

Best the Health authorities come to Pattaya. Hundreds of Thais riding or driving around at night during the curfew. High speed motorbikes, most with no helmets no masks or lights.

These tourists are more than likely vaccinated, but they should set an example and follow the law.

16 minutes ago, Khun Yogi said:

Best the Health authorities come to Pattaya. Hundreds of Thais riding or driving around at night during the curfew. High speed motorbikes, most with no helmets no masks or lights.

These tourists are more than likely vaccinated, but they should set an example and follow the law.

Did you say, "hundreds" of them?

Why did you not say "swarms" of them, which I think is what you really meant.

Cool it, Man.

You need cooling

Baby I'm not fooling

Edited by GammaGlobulin

18 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Is it time to focus Thailands woes on the bad foreigners. God knows apart from these bad foreigners Thailand is managing the pandemic extremely well.  Damn these foreigners.

There are the good foreigners.

There are the bad foreigners.

There are the stupid foreigners.

There are the smart foreigners.

There are lazy foreigners who seem to never have enough free time to learn to speak passa Thai.

There are all sorts of foreigners.

What kind of foreigner do you want to be?

Do you want to be a foreigner who understands that foreigners are guests in this country?

Or, do you want to be the BAD foreigner that you mention in your post? I mean the bad foreigner who is an embarrassment to the rest of us good foreigners?

Can you please extrapolate upon your thinking concerning what you mean by bad foreigners?

Do you mean...  "Bad-Ass" foreigners, per se?

Let's hear more about your foreign views.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

THANK YOU! I ride a pushbike around Pattaya/Jomtien most mornings, wearing my mask like a dutiful farang. It doesn't block the flow of oxygen even when I'm huffing and puffing up that hill to Lake Mabprachan. I seethe when I see someone not wearing a mask. There's even one joker at the lake who wears no shirt as well. And they're ALWAYS foreigners. Fer cryin' out loud, what makes them think they're special?

I ride a pushbike regularly, but do not wear a mask while riding, I always have one with me for any time I leave my bike, but not while I'm riding, and I am not breaking the law. I agree with you about the joker not wearing a shirt though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

(1) & (2) Then you have the wrong mask. Here's a link to some great masks that can be ordered with exhaust ports and N90 filters.

https://www.style-seal.com/

Order two, so when the first one gets funky, you can wash it, hang it out to dry, and have the other one ready for use.

(3) Pull it down briefly to eat your nuts and drink your water.

Is it annoying to wear a mask? Yeah, a little, but it's what we've been told to do under threat of up to a 20k baht fine including when riding a bike. Not a suggestion, an order by the government in which you live as a guest. As stated by more than just me, you make the rest of the foreigners look bad when you don't.

no1. I am not a guest here, how can I be when I am treated like a criminal?  90 day reports????

no2. It is not an order from the government. Masks don't have to be worn when exercising.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Haven't seen any Caucasians in Bangkok recently that weren't wearing masks. But have seen some Thais without, all of them men.

My experience opposite in Hua  Hin, older farang men, usually with Thai wives who are wearing correctly. 8 or 9 of them, almost no Thais not wearing correctly. 

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

There are the good foreigners.

There are the bad foreigners.

There are the stupid foreigners.

There are the smart foreigners.

There are lazy foreigners who seem to never have enough free time to learn to speak passa Thai.

There are all sorts of foreigners.

What kind of foreigner do you want to be?

Do you want to be a foreigner who understands that foreigners are guests in this country?

Or, do you want to be the BAD foreigner that you mention in your post? I mean the bad foreigner who is an embarrassment to the rest of us good foreigners?

Can you please extrapolate upon your thinking concerning what you mean by bad foreigners?

Do you mean...  "Bad-Ass" foreigners, per se?

Let's hear more about your foreign views.

Um. They were being ironic. Go back to bed.... 

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Am I ever embarrassed by what other people do? ........ not really, thy're not my problem.

Do I feel any kind of racial unity with other white folks? ....... not really, I'm not a racist.

Do I feel any sort of linguistic unity with other English speakers? ....... not really, I avoid most of them.

Do I feel any masculine unity with other men? .... not really, most of them are too weak for me to even count them as men.

Edited by BritManToo

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Am I ever embarrassed by what other people do? ........ not really, thy're not my problem.

Do I feel any kind of racial unity with other white folks? ....... not really, I'm not a racist.

Do I feel any sort of linguistic unity with other English speakers? ....... not really, I avoid most of them.

Do I feel any masculine unity with other men? .... not really, most of them are too weak for me to even count them as men.

OK.

But, do you ever feel threatened by what other people do?

Or, as you say, are they just not your problem?

19 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Then you really haven't been paying attention. Yes, it's a slimmer chance but it's not zero. I heard a doctor describe it like this:
If you're outside and you can smell someone's cigarette smoke and they had Covid Delta variant, then you were exposed. Doesn't mean you contracted it, but you were exposed. It's that easily transmittable.

You and the doctor are wrong.  Smells travel by diffusion, viruses do not, hence the 1 or 2m social distancing.

17 hours ago, RobU said:

That is a nonsensical statement.  There is no evidence of people catching covid indoors either. You cannot 'prove' whether someone caught covid indoors or outdoors there are no studies either way

Wrong. Just common sense tells you you are more at risk indoors.

See UK government advice on ventilation

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-ventilation-of-indoor-spaces-to-stop-the-spread-of-coronavirus/ventilation-of-indoor-spaces-to-stop-the-spread-of-coronavirus-covid-19#:~:text=In poorly ventilated rooms the,infected person has left.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, southcoast said:

I agree about the incompetent government, but wearing a mask might stop YOU from catching the virus !!!!. or there again maybe you one of the invincible people.

It wont help that much,it is a false safety. However, it is once own choice if they want to be outside with a mask or without.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yoga visa ha .. couldn't make this stuff up..whoops sorry i forgot where i am  ...how many envelopes does this vida cost ..just asking for a mate 

There are 20+ yoga centers/schools on Koh Phangan. Don't know if these particular people have the right visa/work permit, but like for dive instructors, there is such. No envelopes needed apart from the regular fee