Back to Thailand

Hello all
I left Thailand due to professional reasons in March 2020. So I did not see my son and GF for nearly 1.5 years and now I can't stand it anymore.
My 1 year extension of stay (retirement) ran out March 2021.
My plan is to come back to LoS with a Non-Iimigrant-O (not OA) Retirement.
Is it still possible to get a 1 year extension of stay with such a visa?
Was there a change of the requirements since last year (800k in bank, health insurance)?
Any suggestions for a good AQ hotel in BKK or are there also certified hotels in Pattaya?
Thankyou for any advice. and habe a good time - as far as possible right now

You can apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement if you enter on a non-o visa.

There have been no changes to what is required for an extension based upon retirement.

There are ALQ hotels in Pattaya. ASQ hotels are only in Bangkok. 

You can finds some here on these websites.

https://www.agoda.com/quarantineth
https://asq.locanation.com/
https://asq.ascendtravel.com

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Be aware that a Non O visa for retirement requires 400k/40k baht general health insurance, as well as the US$100,000 Covid insurance covering 90 days for the COE. A better option might be to enter Thailand visa exempt (45 days) requiring no general health insurance, and Covid insurance for only 45 days. You can apply for a Non O visa with the intention of retirement extension from within Thailand without the need for health insurance. 

The 400K/40K insurance is not required by the Thai Embassy London.  Is your knowledge from elsewhere?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, treetops said:

The 400K/40K insurance is not required by the Thai Embassy London.  Is your knowledge from elsewhere?

It is if you apply for a non-o visa. 

It is not required if you have a re-entry permit for a extension of stay that is extension of a non-o visa entry.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your replies, guys!

I thought about entering TH on visa exempt to avoid the two trips to Munich for the Non-Immi-O.

But I fear time could run out after 14 days of quarantaine with only one month left for the extension-process. I have to start all over again. To get the one-year bank statement takes 2-3 weeks. If I'd be testet positive during the time in ASQ (got my two shots more than 6 month agoin, many false-positive results with PCR) I would be in trouble.

The health insurance is no problem. It is mandatory as long as I am German resident and it covers each and everything worldwide.

Anyone here who did his ASQ in Amaranth Savarnabhumi Airport Hotel? The reviews are ok and it seems quite bearable to me (balcony, smolers room, 7E-delivery).

Have a nice day!

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I thought about entering TH on visa exempt to avoid the two trips to Munich for the Non-Immi-O.

But I fear time could run out after 14 days of quarantaine with only one month left for the extension-process. I have to start all over again.

You can apply for a 30 day extension of the 45 day visa exempt entry and then the non-o visa 15 days before it ends.

Why do you need the one year bank statement? It will not be needed if using the 800k baht option to apply for the non-o visa or the extension of stay since you are starting all over again with a new visa. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

But I fear time could run out after 14 days of quarantaine with only one month left for the extension-process. I have to start all over again. To get the one-year bank statement takes 2-3 weeks. If I'd be testet positive during the time in ASQ (got my two shots more than 6 month agoin, many false-positive results with PCR) I would be in trouble.

The health insurance is no problem. It is mandatory as long as I am German resident and it covers each and everything worldwide.

Anyone here who did his ASQ in Amaranth Savarnabhumi Airport Hotel? The reviews are ok and it seems quite bearable to me (balcony, smolers room, 7E-delivery).

Have a nice day!

You have time enough. First step is obtain non O rt and that only requires 800k in your Thai bank on day of application. That gives you 90 day stay to prepare for extension application.

Also you can obtain 30 day extension to your visa exempt entry and even 60 day covid extension if more time required.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

UbonJoe & DrJack,

great advice. That saves me from two trips to the Thai Consulate.

I needed the 1-year statement last year and thought it would be the same this time.

With 45 days on exempt and a possible 30 day extension everything should work fine for me.

Halleluja!

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It is if you apply for a non-o visa. 

It is not required if you have a re-entry permit for a extension of stay that is extension of a non-o visa entry.

I beg your pardon, and apologies to BritTim too.  Being in that boat, I was thinking of extension holders of course.