Thai PM calls for clear 2022 vaccine plan - expulsion for officials who don't follow the rules

webfact

1 hour ago, sambum said:

I'm not a lover of the PM, but according to the post:-

The PM called for the health ministry to have a clear plan for vaccine procurement for 2022 and to start on that now." and not:-

Original post was edited and changed 2020 to 2022 after the fact.

• Like 1

CONFUSION? the article points out that :

`1. 70-80% of Thais would be vaccinated by the end of the year

2. to have a clear plan for vaccine procurement for 2022 

how can the first statement match the  second one. It means that they do not have enough vaccines and it will all be pushed to first quarter 2022

one of the  two statement above  is fake news? which one?

• Like 1

How about a clear plan for the 4,5 months until 2022? That’s still about 135 days in which a lot of people can get sick and/or die because of your and your cabinet’s incompetence. You and everyone around you - including all those generals and hiso friends - have all long been vaccinated, so you probably don’t feel any great urgency, but I can assure you that all those construction and factory workers who have to work in close proximity to each other, and many others, are desperate to get vaccinated. So get it ****ing done!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he was concerned about the supply of Astra Zeneca as some of it would be out of date this month. Again he ordered the MoPH to get moving.

The ministry assured the PM his word would be done and no vaccines would pass their sell by date. 

That's a confusing statement. I didn't think they have an "expiring stockpile" problem. I thought that the problem with AstraZeneca is that they don't get enough supplies. Surely they should be able to use up whatever they get pretty quickly.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

It’s truly amazing. A “trained” General that can not even organize and handle 2 simple tasks…

1. Buy vaccines.

2. Inject people with the vaccines.

How freaking hard can it be?

You forgot to include "pay" with item 1! Seems Thailand are depending on a lot of freebie vacs @ the mo, and hitting on places like Bhutan for any surpluses they may have - ouch, my face hurts!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

As I said a few days ago .....  I expect Khun Prayut to come in and announce something to clean up this mess.

I can see he's getting frustrated and annoyed with producers, CDC, Ministry officials and Health officials. 

seems they are not in coordination or planning mode. Why not draw up a detailed chart showing vaccine dates etc ...

I expect you will vote for him again next election...

My wife has a Dr for a niece, and she sent me screenshots of names that have been entered twice in the database. Any idea where I can send them, so the PM can prosecute the offenders? Or should I even bother?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

It’s truly amazing. A “trained” General that can not even organize and handle 2 simple tasks…

1. Buy vaccines.

2. Inject people with the vaccines.

How freaking hard can it be?

I feel like we're having to watch political masturbation. It's uncomfortable for us all to witness, but the politicians seem to be oblivious or even proud

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caldera said:

That's a confusing statement. I didn't think they have an "expiring stockpile" problem. I thought that the problem with AstraZeneca is that they don't get enough supplies. Surely they should be able to use up whatever they get pretty quickly.

Unless the PM is deflecting blame away from Siam Pharma and onto the the nurses and doctors who administer the shots: "look, the lab is making plenty of vaccines, they're even close to expiration! you nurses have to do better"

21 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

I feel like we're having to watch political masturbation. It's uncomfortable for us all to witness, but the politicians seem to be oblivious or even proud

99/100

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

So little by little everything collapses here. First the tourism with hotels, resorts, excursion tours, tour guides, restaurants, bars, entertainment, cinemas, theaters, nightlife, motorcycle rentals, travel agencies, massage shops, souvenir shops. Then the stationary retail trade, shopping centers and fashion stores. Then the transport sector taxis, minibuses, long-distance buses, boat tours and airlines. Then businesses such as car dealerships, motorcycle shops, refrigerators, funiture, TVs, cell phones, computer dealers have strong sales declines. Many landlords are vacant and defaulted, and bank loans can no longer be serviced. Production companies have to throttle their production, etc. Now more and more associations are slowly coming into the light of day and complaining of their suffering.

Now Thailand needs new, bright minds who can get both the pandemic and the economic decline under control.

•  

It is unlikely that any of the political parties other than possibly the Move Forward Party would be able to do either.

IMHO, the problem is twofold.

#1   The military will never willingly give up their power and they have the weapons to back it up.

image.gif.6d2af807a10ee474bad6540a083954ee.gif

#2   Is possibly a bigger problem and has to do with a person who can wield even more power and used to be found residing in another country.

He could probably sort out #1, but who can sort out #2?

5 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

deleted post

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

I just worry, if Im the  very last one alive in Thailand by 2022, who the heck is going to stick me in the oven, or  dig that hole to  put me in??

Don't worry.

I will probably still be here, waiting for my first jab.

????

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Ah  but you assume they can  tell the time and read the numbers, i think a Mickey  Mouse watch might help them learn more easily, it would go well with the Mickey  mouse govt

I have heard that Mickley Mouse wears a Prayut watch ????

Edited by Megasin1
autocorrect error

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

It is unlikely that any of the political parties other than possibly the Move Forward Party would be able to do either.

IMHO, the problem is twofold.

#1   The military will never willingly give up their power and they have the weapons to back it up.

image.gif.6d2af807a10ee474bad6540a083954ee.gif

#2   Is possibly a bigger problem and has to do with a person who can wield even more power and used to be found residing in another country.

He could probably sort out #1, but who can sort out #2?

You've been here long enough and you know how it goes. Sad to see how the country wastes its potential.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, garyk said:

This is going to be an interesting thread!

Not really. 

Threads bashing the gub'ment for the Covid response haven't had any original content since 20 or 30 threads ago.  It's been months since the last original thought.

17 hours ago, grandpa said:

"we have done quite well".  Clearly this must have lost something in translation!

"But next year it needs to be good."  It needs to be effective!

How come there are doses of AZ vaccine lying around on shelves going out of date, when "farangs" in Isaan cannot get vaccinated for love or money!  The man needs to go!

depends on what his expctations were, what his performance benchmark was, if they were very low then i can see how he thinks things have gone well.

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The PM called for the health ministry to have a clear plan for vaccine procurement for 2022 and to start on that now

And who was it that stooped the procurement of vaccines in late 2020 early 2021 because they wanted complete control?

• Like 2