Thai PM calls for clear 2022 vaccine plan - expulsion for officials who don't follow the rules

webfact

So little by little everything collapses here. First the tourism with hotels, resorts, excursion tours, tour guides, restaurants, bars, entertainment, cinemas, theaters, nightlife, motorcycle rentals, travel agencies, massage shops, souvenir shops. Then the stationary retail trade, shopping centers and fashion stores. Then the transport sector taxis, minibuses, long-distance buses, boat tours and airlines. Then businesses such as car dealerships, motorcycle shops, refrigerators, funiture, TVs, cell phones, computer dealers have strong sales declines. Many landlords are vacant and defaulted, and bank loans can no longer be serviced. Production companies have to throttle their production, etc. Now more and more associations are slowly coming into the light of day and complaining of their suffering.

Now Thailand needs new, bright minds who can get both the pandemic and the economic decline under control.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

As I said a few days ago .....  I expect Khun Prayut to come in and announce something to clean up this mess.

I can see he's getting frustrated and annoyed with producers, CDC, Ministry officials and Health officials. 

seems they are not in coordination or planning mode. Why not draw up a detailed chart showing vaccine dates etc ...

Why not just <deleted> get on with it instead of mincing around on the sidelines of the utter cluster <deleted> he has created through a combination of greed, ego and incompetence?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

So little by little everything collapses here. First the tourism with hotels, resorts, excursion tours, tour guides, restaurants, bars, entertainment, cinemas, theaters, nightlife, motorcycle rentals, travel agencies, massage shops, souvenir shops. Then the stationary retail trade, shopping centers and fashion stores. Then the transport sector taxis, minibuses, long-distance buses, boat tours and airlines. Then businesses such as car dealerships, motorcycle shops, refrigerators, funiture, TVs, cell phones, computer dealers have strong sales declines. Many landlords are vacant and defaulted, and bank loans can no longer be serviced. Production companies have to throttle their production, etc. Now more and more associations are slowly coming into the light of day and complaining of their suffering.

Now Thailand needs new, bright minds who can get both the pandemic and the economic decline under control.

•  

Easy, the general will shout a few orders and it will happen....... 

• Haha 2

Lovely deflection by a PM that said he was taking control of the Covid response. It screams gross incompetence if he is only just (in a press conference rather than by Governmental channels) asking for a START to a plan for next year.  Could be difficult for Anutin who doesn't even have a plan for this year. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

"we have done quite well"

????????????

Why do people think this is funny?

Probably the most truth spoken in this speech.

As long as you understand the deeper meaning of doing quite well.

At one point in my life i did quite well,meaning ,i made a lot of money.

• Sad 1

China has to be in love with this guy.

I certainly would not be hanging my hat there. 

Edited by garyk
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, engamann said:

This junta leader Cha Cha have no shame , the man is so high on him self that him now actually blame this vaccine fiasco on the producers and not him self for not join the Covax like pretty much all others country did sit Cha Cha  "This has proved to be difficult so far, he said, because of dealing with producers."  If it is one man I would like to see drop d..d from covid I know who , what a total failure this man is. 

I was planning to say something just like what you said , but i couldn't have said it any better . ????

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonray said:

a little late ?

I'm not a lover of the PM, but according to the post:-

The PM called for the health ministry to have a clear plan for vaccine procurement for 2022 and to start on that now." and not:-

"The PM called for the health ministry to have a clear plan for vaccine procurement for 2020 and to start on that now."

However, they should have had  "a clear plan for vaccine promotion in 2019" instead of stating "the hot weather at Songkran will blow it away, and anyway, our Chinese friends will have come up with a vaccine by then" - and I am talking Songkran 2019 (Yes, one would have thought that, as that's  where it was reported as starting in the first place)  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Cripes.  Isn't it a little early to be giving up on 2021?  Plenty of time left to come up with a clear 2021 vaccine plan.  

For people with a bit of a brain yes , but for these clowns we should be happy if they can even make it work in 2022 . They are so far behind on everything(ordering,recieving,planning) that they can already give up on 2021 and by saying this he hopes to give some of the masses hope that it will all be ok in 2022. But what he doesn't say is that at this rate and with these people in charge it could be the end of 2022 before most people will be vaccinated , so that means 1.5 year more of this hopeless B.S . This might be close to the truth but if he says something like this there will be mobs from now untill dec. 2022 and they will get more and more violent . 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

This guy is digging his own grave, how to stir up the masses.............?

No he’s not lol. Dude is chilling. Covid was designed to create a permanent slave class. It’s basically an indirect global eugenics program to weed out the physically and mentally weak / make them totally reliant on an authoritarian government. This is happening on a global scale but it is particularly exaggerated in Thailand. Thailand’s leadership absolutely loves covid and I don’t see them letting it end anytime soon. Similar tactics are used in North Korea, basically the goal is to keep the population starving, sick, confused, and poor so that they’re so focused on basic survival that they have no energy to revolt. Covid is like a dream come true for the Thai government are they are absolutely milking it for as long as they can.

I am part of the elite and let me tell you, the last 1.5 years have been the most profitable years in my entire life. My net worth has gone up 300x. I’ve made so much money in a little under 2 years, I’m at a point where I could seriously contemplate buying a very large portion of Phuket and have all my American friends come in and completely rebuild it. Yes, that’s how well covid has treated me financially. And I’m definitely thinking of just buying out the island of Samui as well. 

The 1% are getting richer and richer the longer covid drags on, meanwhile everyone else is suffering. The poor and uneducated do not understand what is happening to them and easily fall for false fear narratives and propaganda designed to keep them stuck. Believe me folks, getting the vaccine should be the least of your concerns.

If you’re not part of the 1%, there is only one way out of this mess for you. It’s cryptocurrency. Buy BTC and ETH like your life depends on it because it absolutely does. Good luck. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, vicbkk said:

"we have done quite well".

What world is this idiot living in!

And Thailand is 120th of 120 countries in having a recovery plan. I've long believed that many Thais live in a different universe, think differently to us, but this man takes it to a whole new level.

• Like 1