Thai PM calls for clear 2022 vaccine plan - expulsion for officials who don't follow the rules

webfact

Just now, keith101 said:

Prayut should go for ordering another 3,000,000 doses of the useless Chinese Sinovac vaccine when he knows its totally ineffective against the Delta variant .

12 million more ordered yesterday I believe 

• Like 2

" He warned against corruption in the vaccine delivery promising especially in the repetition of names  that people found guilty would lose their jobs or be forced to resign. " > how about dismissing some agency heads of department and prosecuting middlemen already guilty of delaying vaccine delivery ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Clydesdale said:

how about dismissing some agency heads of department and prosecuting middlemen already guilty of delaying vaccine delivery ?

You are not wrong there, but we have to be careful what we say

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The PM called for the health ministry to have a clear plan for vaccine procurement for 2020 and to start on that now.

It's mid-August already & he's thinking about a plan?  He needs a braincell injection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

In the dire situation Thailand is right now, not even one shot should be allowed to be discarded because it has gone out of date, what, are you kidding Mr. PM? to throw away good vax because your people can't or will not do their job properly? Not even one drop should to waste sir...

How can this happen when not only is there a shortage, but that the AZ is produced here?  It should not be sitting anywhere, but shipped out immediately to the provinces and got into people's arms.

• Like 1

The October Grand Thailand Re-Opening will be coming soon and all must be done to ensure it is problem free.  Celebrations and marching bands have been organized already and you all know they can not be canceled, as the Phuket Governor said "There is no going back", oh the irony and true sarcastic whit this PM has.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

As I said a few days ago .....  I expect Khun Prayut to come in and announce something to clean up this mess.

I can see he's getting frustrated and annoyed with producers, CDC, Ministry officials and Health officials. 

And I can see the whole country getting frustrated and annoyed with him. Time to go Uncle Too, far faaaaar away.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

This was needed to prevent confusion, he noted.

Too late for that Mr P. 

This has proved to be difficult so far, he said, because of dealing with producers. 

Yeah, it was the producers fault that you lot couldn't  place orders.

But he claimed that so far "we have done quite well".

I believe you Mr P, but millions don't.

Edited by djayz
Typo

A terrible situation. The PM seems to be using the totally outdated calendar budget follow-up planning. 2021 then 2022.

That means the current planning horizon is exactly 4.5 months (mid-August to the end of 2021).

If the government were to use the revolving follow-up planning, those responsible would have the 2022 planning already ready. At least with a future-oriented time horizon of 12 months +. The pandemic crisis has been running since March 2020!!! It also appears that the country leaders have no ongoing scenario planning. If situation A occurs, then we execute plan A, if situation B occurs, then we execute plan B, and so on for nplans.

From a management point of view, this is a total failure.

Planning is the mental anticipation of future action. 

As a former executive trainer, I feel really sick when I think about the time horizon with which the current government is leading the country through the crisis.

He said he was concerned about the supply of Astra Zeneca as some of it would be out of date this month. Again he ordered the MoPH to get moving.

There are a few million people that you wouldn't offer anything but Sinovac that would gladly take it off your hands. Like everyone in your precious sandbox.

But then, nothing says you have the confidence of the people like rubber bullets and tear gas outside your house.

He said he was concerned about the supply of Astra Zeneca as some of it would be out of date this month. Again he ordered the MoPH to get moving.

If this is in fact the case, then why do they still insist on vaccinating those over 60?! 

Surely it would make more sense to scrap that and VAX any Tom, Dick or Harry who walks in. 

Edited by djayz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

YEAR 2022:

Oh no, 4 More months of chaos and death.

No hurry Mr Prime Minister and his side kick Anutin.

Thailand, hub of proclamations.

Procrastination more like it..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

From a management point of view, this is a total failure.

Can you imagine if, as top man at the army, he had to defend the country against invaders.

I'll stipulate that he is adept at "dealing with" fellow citizens.

• Like 1