Marriage extension under the table.

48 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Wondering if all the other requirements are required such as photos etc etc.

I'm very naive regarding agent marriage extensions. I assume home visit not required. Also wonder where the extension is obtained. 

The applicant has to submit all the required documents and photos. No home visit is needed.

The ones I have seen were done at a immigration office in Isaan. I recently read about one being done in the central region of the country.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Every immigration office has delegated powers to vary requirements on a case by case basis. It is not illegal it's just the use of those delegated powers. That said the use of agents on marriage extensions is discouraged by agents because of referral by immigration to their HQ. I only used an agent on my first extension and have done it myself the last 8 times. It's not that difficult if you deal with the same office.

Off course they don't want the HQ to know they are doing something naughty.

Good morning

I have a question in Relation to marriage extension of stay as follows 1. Which Royal Thai Police order defines the immigration home visit. 2. Is the immigration home visit now a common matter ?? 3. How often can one expect such a visit ??

Wbr

Roobaa01

30 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

I have a question in Relation to marriage extension of stay as follows 1. Which Royal Thai Police order defines the immigration home visit. 2. Is the immigration home visit now a common matter ?? 3. How often can one expect such a visit ??

1. It is in a procedure that immigration uses. It is not in any public immigration order.

2. That depends upon the office you use. Most always do for the first extension and other may do it for ever extension.

3. The only do visits after a extension application is done. There are not random visits.

1 hour ago, roobaa01 said:

Good morning

Wbr

Roobaa01

Never had a visit in 25+ years, I live 1 km away from their office.