Moderna registration at Medpark hospital

norbra

2 hours ago, club said:

This is for next year? It will never make it this year

Yes, this is for next year.

MedPark sold out their first allotment of Moderna.

Many hospitals are just starting to sign up customers for their second allotment. One assumes the TPHA are organizing this effort again via the GPO?

And a lot of hospitals are just starting to arrange appointments for the first allotment/first dose in October.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, this is for next year.

MedPark sold out their first allotment of Moderna.

Many hospitals are just starting to sign up customers for their second allotment. One assumes the TPHA are organizing this effort again via the GPO?

And a lot of hospitals are just starting to arrange appointments for the first allotment/first dose in October.

Correct:

For those who are not vaccinated and/or don’t have a firm appointment now signing up for this Moderna opportunity now is a good idea.

Yes it’s late but what’s the alternative?

I did sign and payed. But really treat it as a booster (or as a second dose) to anything which I can get yet this year.

There is a chance, that this moderna will be already the improved version, the second generation, adjusted to new strains, including delta.

as to the other vax, sinopharm is registering every wednesday. They do it for 777b per jab.

Also since yesterday Thammasat uni announced they will run a similar program to sinopharm, but they will try to get novartis and J&J. Just waiting for the royal gazette publication and ordering. That might be a gunshot procedure, without any red tape.

The J&J is already approved in thailand, french used it for their citizens, so probably this one would be first to come. Price still unknown, but J&J is only one dose vax, so even if 3-4k b is still acceptable and gives an instant protection.

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

I successfully registered and got the email requesting payment.   HOWEVER, the 'payment link' would not work either on Safari or Chrome!!!!     They suggest, in their email that if there is a problem, one should contact them via a 'Line' linked QR code - far too complicated for this 70+ to work out!!    Why doesn't the payment link work??

On 8/19/2021 at 5:58 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Correct:

For those who are not vaccinated and/or don’t have a firm appointment now signing up for this Moderna opportunity now is a good idea.

Yes it’s late but what’s the alternative?

My wife signed up and paid the first time around, then I got an appointment, I'm 9 days away from my second Pfizer jab - so if the Moderna is available in 6 months, it'll make a nice booster (maybe one for me, and the second for her).

5 hours ago, ben2talk said:

My wife signed up and paid the first time around, then I got an appointment, I'm 9 days away from my second Pfizer jab - so if the Moderna is available in 6 months, it'll make a nice booster (maybe one for me, and the second for her).

What site did she sign up on?

• 11 months later...

I have paid a year ago, medpark does expect Moderna sometimes in September their first batch, but I don't need vax as I have already had 2 boosters.

Their policy terms:

"Nevertheless, if the hospital could not dispense you the vaccine by the committed dates below, you can request a full refund or wait for the next round of vaccine allocation:

Those who reserved for MODERNA vaccine during July 2-4, 2021: April 30, 2022

Those who reserved for MODERNA vaccine during August 17-27, 2021: July 31, 2022"

After writing to them several days ago, today they have replied, that there is not mandatory refund and they will try to find clients for my vax.

That refusal is surely against terms, nothing was mentioned there about transferring my booked vax to somebody else, as condition for refund.

Have anybody tried already with them?

Last weekend I received an email from them offering 2 moderna for the price of one, I think it was 1350 baht. Offer expired last Monday seems obvious that they have more than they can flog as well as expiring stock

5 hours ago, norbra said:

Last weekend I received an email from them offering 2 moderna for the price of one, I think it was 1350 baht. Offer expired last Monday seems obvious that they have more than they can flog as well as expiring stock

They had a counter on the ground floor yesterday,  selling Moderna for 750.

I didn't need it, I was there for other reasons. 

Edited by Lorry