Thai Tourism Sector Expects 500,000 Russian Visitors after Endorsement of Sputnik V Vaccine

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Can you attach a percentage of those 40 million who were here to see temples?

I shall wager its a lot lower than those who arrived here not interested in temples.

I gave evidence that the sex industry in Thailand is in decline. And I didn't assign any particular increase to one attraction. But the fact is that tourism had boomed in Thailand and the sex industry had declined before the advent of Covid.

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Can you attach a percentage of those 40 million who were here to see temples?

I shall wager its a lot lower than those who arrived here not interested in temples.

Why not counter him by attaching verified statistics of the percentage that came for cheap sex?

Edited by saakura
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I gave evidence that the sex industry in Thailand is in decline. And I didn't assign any particular increase to one attraction. But the fact is that tourism had boomed in Thailand and the sex industry had declined before the advent of Covid.

Yes there has been an influx of Chinese tourists. They arrive here on Chinese airlines. Stay in Chinese owned hotels. Go to Chinese owned attractions and eat at Chinese owned restaurants. So figures can be made to look like sex tourism is a thing of the past if you simply go by total numbers.

Or are you suggesting western men are no longer as sexually active as they once were?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I think a legitimate concern would be fake vaccination certificates. Corruption in Russia is rampant and the population very averse to vaccination.

Its will be a qr code  certificate procedure. Which is harder to fake.

Its like fake registration numbers. Looks legit but u gonna have troubles on a first checkpoint.

Also state tv 24/7 showing how people gettin time for selling AND buying fake paper certificate(two types of them here).

Also like 20 percent of russians have internation passports. Same as jabbed. Coincidence? I dont think so))

PS leave that bs vocabulary (rampant) fo cold era. Russia is different now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes there has been an influx of Chinese tourists. They arrive here on Chinese airlines. Stay in Chinese owned hotels. Go to Chinese owned attractions and eat at Chinese owned restaurants. So figures can be made to look like sex tourism is a thing of the past if you simply go by total numbers.

Or are you suggesting western men are no longer as sexually active as they once were?

I'm suggesting that with the relaxation of sexual mores in the West, there's much less need to patronize sex workers. Much easier to get it elsewhere and for free. I don't know where you come from, but in my neck of the woods, "free" was usually considered enticing.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Relaxation of sexual mores in the west?

Did some countries miss the 60's then?

Yes guys can get it for free in the west but only with something that is even uglier than they are.

And that "free" in the west usually comes with the cost of dinner and drinks. 

Stop spouting nonsense. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Placeholder I always know when you have no logical argument left.

You come out with a post like that.

Do enjoy the rest of your evening though.

You assert that the sexual revolution only changed sexual mores for the unattractive and you accuse me of failing at logic? I thought it was clear how transparently absurd your contention is.

Just now, boogiewoogie said:

Where is UN corruption index? Enough with them democracy thinktanks. Powered by GAN? The ff is it? Gays Agaist Nigeria? What agency is that?

I know how life was and see how it now.

You've changed my thinking. How could I not trust the word of an anonymouos member of thaivisa.com?

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And it's clear you have absolutely no use of natural beauty which abounds not only in the parks and the sea, but generally in the Thai countryside.

Natural beauty exists in almost any country. No point to come for this to Thailand, feeding the bureaucratic mafia and sitting in ridiculous quarantine.

As to beauty of Thai countryside... now we are well aware of real Thai attitude to foreigners. Some learned that doing the 'quarantine jail' organized by greedy quarantine mafia. Others learned that lesson being kicked off Koh Larn multiple times. I doubt anyone will feel relaxed in Thailand after tourist murder in Phuket... Tourism and poverty do not stay together!

Country where safety of tourists is not top priority should be banned from international tourism forever.

• Like 1

Just now, Amdesign said:

Natural beauty exists in almost any country. No point to come for this to Thailand, feeding the bureaucratic mafia and sitting in ridiculous quarantine.

As to beauty of Thai countryside... now we are well aware of real Thai attitude to foreigners. Some learned that doing the 'quarantine jail' organized by greedy quarantine mafia. Others learned that lesson being kicked off Koh Larn multiple times. I doubt anyone will feel relaxed in Thailand after tourist murder in Phuket... Tourism and poverty do not stay together!

Country where safety of tourists is not top priority should be banned from international tourism forever.

Possibly you're confusing the real Thai attitude towards foreigners with the real Thai attitude towards yourself. And your citing of isolated incidents is just another sad example of cherry picking. Before Covid, Thailand had 40 million tourists in a year. How many were murdered? Are you one of those people who think that the fact that someone is a tourist should guarantee them absolute immunity from harm? I know there are lots of vaccine denialists who think that way. Apparently this disability of thinking has been spreading to other persons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Amdesign said:

No need to convince him. They live in their own world driven by CNN ????

Corruption?? If we call it lobbying, it becomes legal in some countries ????

Fortunately, the Russian media are there to fearlessly expose any malfeasance on the part of the govt.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/05/03/journalists-worldwide-urge-russia-to-stop-persecuting-independent-media-a73813

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

So people used to come to Thailand with the prospect that would have a blah time but at least it was cheap? The scenery, the beaches, the food, the art, the architecture were all irrelevant?

Compared to the women they were.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Fortunately, the Russian media are there to fearlessly expose any malfeasance on the part of the govt.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/05/03/journalists-worldwide-urge-russia-to-stop-persecuting-independent-media-a73813

Meduza mentioned there is NOT Russian media, not sure about others. Meduza is based in Latvia and is not registered in Russian, it is a foreign agent and its crackdown is fully justified  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meduza

And now tell me about censorship in Facebook, too ????

Just now, Amdesign said:

I don't know what You mean 'real Thai attitude'. And I am not talking about absolute immunity. However, Thailand has always been unsafe for tourism, You can read warnings of embassies dated 2019 and back regarding motobikes, cars, boats, robbery, scam, diseases, etc. The government never tried to improve the situation... Come for cheap on Your own risk, but don't forget to pay for visas, extensions, re-entries!

You're the one who cited murder as a reason to be afraid. It's a middle income nation and it has its problems. But the fact that tourism was continuallly on the rise from western nations, not just the chinese, should tell us something. And the fact that despite the charges and other for obtaining visas, extensions, and re-entries must mean that on balance, those who must do so think the sacrifice is worth it.

• Like 1

Just now, placeholder said:

You're the one who cited murder as a reason to be afraid. It's a middle income nation and it has its problems. But the fact that tourism was continuallly on the rise from western nations, not just the chinese, should tell us something. And the fact that despite the charges and other for obtaining visas, extensions, and re-entries must mean that on balance, those who must do so think the sacrifice is worth it.

OK, I got it! Now we know  it is You who tells the 'calm sleep fairy-tales' to the government and TAT ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amdesign said:

Meduza mentioned there is NOT Russian media, not sure about others. Meduza is based in Latvia and is not registered in Russian, it is a foreign agent and its crackdown is fully justified  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meduza

And now tell me about censorship in Facebook, too ????

Facebook isn't the govt. And DOXA is Meduza?