Thai Tourism Sector Expects 500,000 Russian Visitors after Endorsement of Sputnik V Vaccine

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, club said:

Stop the liberal tears . I know many Russians, been there like 30 times. They love to drink both women and men. If they go to Phuket and most places are closed that's not going to work for them. The single men  also like the ladies. If they aren't in Phuket for the guys another turn off for them. Those are facts . Besides that Until Covid has been  contained here in Thailand ,once again a major turn off 

Do i have to drink vodka now? Simply becouse im russian? Well, id rather drink red dry, but if u insist i can take a shot or two. But only if meal is hearthy.

But no bars for me. Im married man.

6 hours ago, club said:

When they find out all the bars are closed and alcohol is banned everywhere good luck getting 50 Russians to come here

Not true. Russkies love to drink as much as the best of them but it's not a deal breaker. Those in Phuket are usually there not for the booze but for a family vacation to escape winter, enjoy the beach, local cuisine etc. 
Plebs, drunkards and such you probably have in mind normally go to Pattaya and cheap all-inclusive resorts in Egypt, not to the islands .

Edited by AndresSP
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AndresSP said:

Not true. Russkies love to drink as much as the best of them but it's not a deal breaker. Those in Phuket are usually there not for the booze but for a family vacation to escape winter, enjoy the beach, local cuisine etc. 
Plebs, drunkards and such you probably have in mind normally go to Pattaya and cheap all-inclusive resorts in Egypt, not to the islands .

Actually, Pattaya was also getting lots of the same Russian families you describe, pre-covid.  They were scattered all over Pattaya--in Wong Amat, Jomtien, Pratamnuk, Cosy Beach, etc.  Many my partner and I saw were extended families--with grandma and grandpa in tow.  They were definitely the most prominent western group when we lived on the beach corridor in Wong Amat.  

12 hours ago, AndresSP said:

The one thing I liked about the Russians they always book a proper holiday we used to get some great bookings from Nov through to the end Feb always at least 2 weeks, we had a couple recently book for 2 months,

Edited by ChipButty
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, AndySilverfox said:

Sure once these tourists escape quarantine they will have a great time in Thailand swimming in the sea - No beaches closed . Eating in restaurants - NO . Drinking in bars - NO …. Why on earth would anyone want to travel so far for so little ??when in european summer there is so much open ? Makes no sense…. Just pulling numbers from the air 

pad thai?  7-11?  dual pricing?stimulating conversation?

On 8/20/2021 at 1:12 PM, club said:

When they find out all the bars are closed and alcohol is banned everywhere good luck getting 50 Russians to come here

Except they are not and alcohol is not banned and you clearly are not here.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:08 PM, Knocker33 said:

500,000 Russians.? Alcohol ban and quarantine.Dream on morons

In Phuket there is not a complete alcohol ban we can buy from mackro 7/11 and any mini mart, just the bars are closed and no alcohol severed in restaurants but Im sure some will serve you a beer, 

• Like 1