Thai Tourism Sector Expects 500,000 Russian Visitors after Endorsement of Sputnik V Vaccine

snoop1130

Having read the turds that come out of all Government Department’s mouths I am sure they have a motto.

- Aim high shoot low.

OR

- They are all Pathological Liars

I love the delusional Thailand, at least it gives us all a laugh.

Edited by XJPSX

Wonder if a day will ever arrive when ONE thai will understand they cannot make any rules they want and expect tourists to grovel at their feet begging to get in......or that there is a whole world outside their borders in this bubble world they seem to live in......smh

• Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 6:41 PM, ThailandRyan said:

Wait isn't there another OP where they downgraded the amount of tourists for the year to only be 150k.  Where are the Million going to come from, then add in another 500K, So basically they are expecting 1 million plus tourists to arrive in the next 4 months and 12 days.  Can you believe this ridiculous embellishment.  What kind of hallucinatory medications are these guys on.....

I don't know, but I want some of it !!!!:burp:

• Haha 1

Have to give it to the TAT they never  tire of coming out with positive numbers of Tourists coming to Thailand ????????

Well let's see if these Russian tourists appear I would like for the sake of the tourist industry they do

But I am afraid I am a bit apprehensive on this one 

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Yes there has been an influx of Chinese tourists. They arrive here on Chinese airlines. Stay in Chinese owned hotels. Go to Chinese owned attractions and eat at Chinese owned restaurants. So figures can be made to look like sex tourism is a thing of the past if you simply go by total numbers.

Or are you suggesting western men are no longer as sexually active as they once were?

Not just Chinese.  2019 stats: almost 40 million.  Of that figure, 10.9 million were Chinese.  But, 14 million were tourists from other Asian countries.  Combined, 24 million.   Western tourists were still coming and not in decline--only Australia showed a slight drop in numbers--but tourists from Asian countries were in the majority. 

TAT should be re named, Fantasy Authority of Thailand.  I guess the country is desperate to get the tourist

dollars, or baht flowing again, for sure. I wonder just how badly Russia is being affected by the Delta variant?

In the USA, and in Canada many younger people are being infected by the delta variant of CIVID, so the

pandemic is not over yet in most places of the world. Yet here we have TAT and their huge predictions.

It would be funny if the situation was not so serious.

Geezer

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

Not just Chinese.  2019 stats: almost 40 million.  Of that figure, 10.9 million were Chinese.  But, 14 million were tourists from other Asian countries.  Combined, 24 million.   Western tourists were still coming and not in decline--only Australia showed a slight drop in numbers--but tourists from Asian countries were in the majority. 

That was 2019. 2022 will be unlike 2019. Wish my stock market investments did the same they did in 2020...

15 hours ago, Amdesign said:

Scenery? Mediterranian is way nicer to me. Food? The one is too spicy for most of farang visitors... Well, can try, but look how many foreign-owned restairants serve European food - this is becasue of the demand from tourits who dont want to eat Thai food every day. Art?? What do You call art, this visuial garbage on the streets, covered by chaotic advertisements and ugly shop signs? Is there anyone who can walk and enjoy street architecture in Thailand?

Easy to come and low prices - the key for success! Cheap drinks and prostitution, too.

Drinks are only cheap at 7/11. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sherwood said:

Ha and I predict snow in Bangkok for November.

Give it away TAT.

15 hours ago, saakura said:

Yet you are here!!!

Anyway, where do they get those figures? He forgot to tell us how much those 500,000 were going to spend? “Bullions and bullions”?

15 hours ago, Amdesign said:

Scenery? Mediterranian is way nicer to me. Food? The one is too spicy for most of farang visitors... Well, can try, but look how many foreign-owned restairants serve European food - this is becasue of the demand from tourits who dont want to eat Thai food every day. Art?? What do You call art, this visuial garbage on the streets, covered by chaotic advertisements and ugly shop signs? Is there anyone who can walk and enjoy street architecture in Thailand?

Easy to come and low prices - the key for success! Cheap drinks and prostitution, too.

Im constantly amazed as to why some people are even on a board dedicated to all things Thai.

Do these odd bod  'members'   trawl the net looking for things that they despise  ,  then   sign up so as to daily vent their spleens ?

Is it some weird  form of travel masochism ? 

So people dont like Thai food  eh ? Are there Thai restaurants in Turkey ? Are you for real ?  555

• Like 1

RE : Thai Tourism Sector Expects 500,000 Russian Visitors after Endorsement of Sputnik V Vaccine

* What expectations will come next? 5m covid resistant aliens from outer space - visa exemption for those who lands directly in the sandbox ... :intheclub:

Edited by ttrd

16 hours ago, Amdesign said:

What an nonsense - travel to a country with one million travel restrictions!? For waht purpose? Look at beaches which are closed from their hotel rooms? Hide from police while taking some vine? Wear masks while feeding the beggards?

The reality is: fresh info - Aeroflot cancelled all flights to Thailand today, they say probably will resume flights in November.

Thailand was only desirable as travel destination because it was cheap and easy to get in. Not anymore - so why?

I more or less agree but February in Vladivostok can make one wade through a lot of restrictions to be in Phuket.

The Russians remember their history.  Aeroflot cancelled their flights not on account of covid but because Afghanistan is an active combat zone at the present time.  They won't be opening them up again until November at the earliest.  The last time the Russians flew over Afghanistan in any numbers, they developed a great respect for the stinger SA missle.

Hope...there is always hope...until reality bites.

Russian market in Egypt, Turkey, and Greece is an ALL-Inclusive market with the need of free flow alcohol; this was always important.

The Thai package is flight, hotel and breakfast only; otherwise the price tag for the Russians will be to high. In Thailand it is than street food and supermarket, not the high roller Thailand was hoping for.

But let's face it every tourist counts for a recovery, it does not matter the numbers; just would be nice if TAT will deal with the facts rather then waiting for Prince Charming... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1