Prominent Thai doctor says everyone will eventually catch Covid-19, we need to learn to live with it

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

But 'flu isn't always mild. According to ONC in UK over 50,000 Excess Winter Deaths occurred due to a new form of 'flu, which is more than Covid caused in the same period since its invention.

Yes, but personally I never worried about the flu. But this virus is scary...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

21 hours ago, cclub75 said:

You want to know the future ?

Look at Philippines...

Record "cases"... but they open again.

Source : https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/philippines-duterte-relax-coronavirus-curbs-capital-region-2021-08-19/

Because they can't mimic anymore the madness of rich western countries.

We put on the side Reality since january 2020... Now Reality is coming back. With a vengeance.

Do you seriously believe that millions, dozen of millions of people (just for South East Asia) will continue to keep quiet... after loosing everything ? That we can continue with closures, the destruction of the economy ?

That's a wet dream for terrified old baby boomers in western countries.

Thailand is NOT a poor country. It is a country of inequality.  Similarly the Philippines....

The Philippines has remittances from the millions of overseas workers to prop up the "rural" economy. Unfortunately these remittances are also affected by covid restrictions in other countries.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:09 AM, LongTimeLurker said:

Sweden???

Sweden was a disaster.  Compare it to its neighbours (not countries with big cities like UK) and you will find the truth.

Incidentally, I have a old school friend who lives in Stockholm - he is raging about the government incompetencies - quite the opposite reaction from what I expected from this guy

• Like 2

On 8/21/2021 at 8:04 PM, LongTimeLurker said:

By the US via Faucci who was funding this sort of research in Wuhan!

Misinformation.

The subcontractor in Wuhan was specifically barred from enhancing bat viruses that were being studied.

more to the point, do you really think that, if China wanted to weaponize bat viruses, they would need money from the US?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 6:31 PM, pizzachang said:

Endemic, just like every other rhino and corona virus.

Nearly everyone survives, unless they have a weak immune system, or other diagnosed health issues.

Of course, about 90% of people have some sort of underlying health issue, so there is that.

• Haha 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:51 AM, edogthong said:

Thank you for that information. It's fascinating how people are just ignoring it because it doesn't fit the narrative. It seems that many need to believe that the vaccines will be the solution that brings us back to normal life. I suppose if you've taken the jab or even just fully committed to taking it, you're generally not open to any information that'll put your decision into question. 

This is what happens when you spread this nonsense misinformation to the gullible and misinformed:

More Mississippians Using Ivermectin For Livestock Against Covid-19, Then Calling Poison Control (forbes.com)

Just stop.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Misinformation.

The subcontractor in Wuhan was specifically barred from enhancing bat viruses that were being studied.

more to the point, do you really think that, if China wanted to weaponize bat viruses, they would need money from the US?

That's not what Faucci said!!

And it wasn't China that wanted to weaponize bat viruses, it was the country paying for the research!!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, sharksy said:

Sweden was a disaster.  Compare it to its neighbours (not countries with big cities like UK) and you will find the truth.

Incidentally, I have a old school friend who lives in Stockholm - he is raging about the government incompetencies - quite the opposite reaction from what I expected from this guy

Sweden didn't ruin it's economy for 0.14% of it's population.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1