Thailand reaches 1 million COVID-19 cases, plans vaccine boosters

snoop1130

Its time to drop this ludicrous tracking of " cases " we all know that number is well understated anyhow .

Three factors matter , and are the way out ..

1 . Vaccination rate 

2 . Hospitalisations 

3 . Deaths 

Look after no 1 , and 2/ 3 will take care of themselves . Denmark opens fully in October and will not track cases , Singapore has dropped " cases " .

The death rate is tiny tiny , especially considering this ridiculous 1 mill number is , times x 5 at least . So just forget cases and get vaccination rates up nice and high . As now should be available for all .

The best solution is to do utmost to increase production of AZ vaccine in Thailand. If Chinese vaccines are ineffective why waste money ordering more. More worrying is what is China doing to vaccinate its people if their vaccines are ineffective there is a high risk of the viras getting out of control there and creating futher variants.

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I have just had a very surprising phone call at 9am this morning, (Saturday), and told to head to our city on August 24th for the Pfizer vaccine to be administered in the hall opposite the main hospital. My name is on the list.

My first dose was AZ and my second dose of AZ, is due in September. I am in the high risk group.

Isn't AZ as first shot backed up by a second shot of Pfizer the best combination?

They are giving that method in France , using only vaccins that are approuver , like your two.  AZ lasts longer, whereas Pfizer is better with variants. But don’t worry if you can only get the 2 AZ, marvelous results in EU. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ed strong said:

What he's trying to say is that the regular vaccine is not working and you'd be better off just having the booster jab as you'd have better protection.

Look at Israel the most vaccinated country 90 %. There suffering much higher cases then they've had before and it seems the booster jab is required to dull the virus.

Not 90%

It's 68 % as far as I can tell. 

Israel started vaccinating early when there was no delta variant but they also hit a wall where they had trouble convincing certain groups to take the shots so overall many countries now has a higher vaccine % than Israel. 

And since Israel started so early, the vaccines now start to fade and with the delta variant roaming it's a bad mix. 

We all need 3rd shot at some time and maybe each year and that's bad news from those countries still struggling to get their first and second shots. 

There are a few vaccines under development where the companies hope that their versions will get lifelong protection after 2 shots and if just 1 company manage to do that, it's great news.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:37 PM, sapson said:

Thailand had a policy of sweep it under the rug for a year.

Dont test dont have! pure genius!

Im sure world leaders were phoning Pinocchio to find the secret of Thailands apparent exemption from the world wide pandemic.

And remember on here when that was even suggested. No Thailand don’t have because we all wear masks and Thai people strong blah blah blah. Western countries are stupid and farrang dirty. No Anutin Charnvirakul we bloody tested people and never buried our head in the sand ???? 

• Like 1

Official number is 1 million, but I wonder what the real number of cases, and death really are?

Even the numbers from Indonesia is likely somewhat lower that the actual numbers, but likely

closer than the numbers from some other countries.  The USA even admits that their numbers

are lower than the actual cases, and deaths. By the way the USA is far from being over the pandemic,

their current wave of the delta variant is hitting many states hard. Pandemic continues, stay tuned.

Geezer

On 8/20/2021 at 10:50 PM, ezzra said:

It like someone who gave up on making his first million and want to start making the second, yes, you will need the booster shot for sure, but arn't you getting a head of

yourselves here with plans for third shot while most of the population didn't even get the first one yet?...

Secretly, they are following India,

97.5 percent recovery rate for delta patients with a very low vaccine population rate.

Does this mean herd immunity is happening naturally?

Oh my Bhudda ?

Then, announced on the same news report—-Johnson and Johnson want to start vaccine trials on children in India. 
Source— India Today news last night.

On 8/20/2021 at 9:10 PM, userabcd said:

1st vaccine, then 2nd shot, now a booster shot then booster 2, 3, 4, 5.......when will it end?

The insanity is that the covid virus is now primarily being spread by those who have been vaccinated, they're the superspreaders of the virus.  The more people are vaccinated in Thailand against the virus the more the virus will spread and is spreading.  Just ask the people of Iceland who are 90% vaccinated yet have massive covid infection rates.  

On 8/20/2021 at 5:50 PM, ezzra said:

It like someone who gave up on making his first million and want to start making the second, yes, you will need the booster shot for sure, but arn't you getting a head of yourselves here with plans for third shot while most of the population didn't even get the first one yet?...

On 8/21/2021 at 8:10 AM, userabcd said:

1st vaccine, then 2nd shot, now a booster shot then booster 2, 3, 4, 5.......when will it end?

Haven't even had a first shot of vaccine yet .Been th Hua Hin Hospital 4 time . Not have any vaccine. gave me their telephone No and asked me to ring them every week.