79-year-old man loses arm after being attacked by a neighbor’s dog in Chonburi

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If I chopped someone's arm off for sticking his arm through my gate what would happen to me?

You must be pretty naïve if you have to ask that question. :chitown: 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

21 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Definitely agree, but in Thailand when so many people don’t even bother with a licence to drive a car or ride a motorcycle society is most definitely not ready for this. Not because society can’t follow the rules, but because they don’t need to because the rules are rarely enforced. 

In many countries owners are responsible for any attack or injuries, damage etc a dog may cause, as such there is a stronger incentive for pets to be trained.

This doesn’t stop the attacks from happening, but stronger penalties for an owners lack of responsibility could cut down the incidence of attacks. 

Within the month we’ll read of another attack, a child, mauled.... the same comments, the same debates, the same causes - poor training, poor ownership, lack of responsibility of owners. 

In that specific case it was a stupid argument. The child was in a residential street (not a main road with passing cars) and the parent was also stood in the street as the 3 year old was riding a bike. 

A dog which had escaped from a nearby house simply ran straight up to the child and attacked it, the mother was stood in the road 2m from the child and reacted immediately, but the child had already been mauled in a matter of seconds. 

‘Should have known better’....    perhaps, should a child also know better ?? where is the line drawn with responsibility. 

A burglar at night - I think we’d all agree that its their own fault if they break in and are attacked by dogs. 

But, other circumstances....  when someone is innocent, the man delivering lemons, a child, emergency response, a new post man etc etc...   

Well, those dogs certainly didn’t differ between burglars and other people, they just went ape<deleted>. Clearly the fault of the owners, no doubt about that.

Yeah, stuff doesn’t get enforced often in Thailand, but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t introduce new laws. In the end if there is a law that was violated they can prosecute, without it not so much. I can speak only for Germany now, if someone comes onto your fenced in property that makes it impossible for the dogs to get put and he gets mauled the owner of the dog can’t be held responsible because the guy has no business being on their plot. If you live next to someone who has nasty dogs you know about the dogs being nasty and if you’re new you learn about it fairly quickly because they will make a fuss every single time someone comes near them. In regards to the kid, yeah I remember that story. Another case of irresponsibility by the owner. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 10:44 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

If I chopped someone's arm off for sticking his arm through my gate what would happen to me?

wouldn't recommend it. You'd want to watch your back in case someone comes after you with a meat cleaver.