When it’s almost comforting that a tourist got robbed!

rooster59

On 8/22/2021 at 4:23 AM, rooster59 said:

President Joe Biden’s speech was perhaps the most powerful by a US president this century.

And what may I ask did you make of his statement this evening? Will he dare to retaliate, even if he could spell the word?

On 8/22/2021 at 9:32 PM, Jonathan Swift said:

So you’re having trouble finding Biden’s speeches?

I'm having trouble finding any where he's not sniffing young girls hair beforehand. 

• Haha 1

Well what a Nice Story of your times with your wives and Family in England Rooster !!! Nice one !!! …  I am a bit late here, but I do try to read all of your Stories, ... me being an Antipodean, but well, following your life in BKK, … The Big Rotten, Apple ??? Right ... Has always been very poignant for me ! …. Though I never could have succeeded as you did, as a teacher, and then a writer.

Yes, I went to England also when I was a lot younger, ... Eventually, after wearing myself out in Scandinavia, Germany, Greece, Romania Hungaria, and Eastern Europe, (Before the wall came down) and Turkey !!!    Like I was determined not to follow the "I Come from the Land Down Under" Lot, … as I saw it ... (You hardly ever saw them in Main land China right, on the way to Europe … but well Look down at foot level !!! … As a train speed past .... and Spot the Thongs!!! Right ?) ...

… Yes, London WAS really good when I eventually got there !!! … And it was summer also which as I am sure you would agree WAS a very good Plus as well ! ... and I shared a Flat in the Worlds End Estate ? ... Down in Kings Road I think ? Chelsea ... Like watch it in the lifts, or getting to them !!!  Right !!!  … But well ... ??? UK, ... UK, ...UK, like the NEW UK ??? … Right ! ? ...

… I was living with a Libyan, who I had picked up a connection to in the Grasshopper basement Hash Cafe in Amsterdam ... "Tell Hammed that he can send my Trunk Over now" ... Right ! ? That was the message that they had asked me to take to him, when they gave me his address and said that I could probably stay there !!!  ... And all the Libyans in Amsterdam seemed to be working in the airport there, … with the Catering suppliers !!! ?? .. Very sues right ??? … But well ??? To be quite honest … and after some months in Amsterdam, … You know … drag yourself out of bed with bleary eyes at the old last watering hole ? … … at 11 a as the musical clocks all go off in turn !!!... And say ..."Oh well, … I will Leave Tomorrow" !!! … Like for a month or two. ...

(And Tricky Teddy, from Northern Ireland … with a Union Jack tattooed on his leg, .. and 13 or was it more ... Arrests and cups of tea in the Local Dutch police station !!! One while I watched them push him, cuffed out of the hostels door !!! ... Hunters Bar, and Jodie John, and his wife over at the squat, …. And Quiet honestly … as dodge as they ALL were .... I really would not like to say which side that they actually were all ON !!! ??? !!!  (Like how could people that smart !!! be living in such <deleted>ty circumstances ??? Right ???) … (And possibly even Jordie John as well ???)

… But well then I ended up in London !!! ... Living with Hammed ??? On Whistlers walk, in the worlds end estate, on Kings Road ? Chelsea isn't it ... "So therrrs Arrabs un tiss Towwwn" ... Yes we went to a lot of Pubs, and Hammed did his best ... though well, … he never was totally Ignored !!! .. Like he was a "Berber" he said,…... from West Libya ??? … And more related to the Moroccans, … than to Gadhafi’s Arab Buddies in the Centre and East ???? ... 

… Yes London !!! … And I loved it also !!! ... And Thanks Rooster, Once again. .. Your story is about as close to my Great experience there, in the sun !!! That I can remember also, and Thanks a lot for that Mate.