When it’s almost comforting that a tourist got robbed!

rooster59

1983 was when I wanted to take my Ist Thai wife to the UK.  The Thai passport authorities had other ideas, and refused to give her a passport until they had carried out numerous checks. The British Embassy were as helpful as they could be..they agreed that when she received her passport they would give her the visa instantly.....which they did in January 1984, when the passport office finally issued the passport. No German consular officer, but an English woman who had a Thai surname.

• Like 1

Yes !!! Good Brother Rooster ! …

" It is doing my head in also !!! " …. This present very <deleted> situation World Wide also !!! (Germany … At the other end of the world is in their 4th wave also and so fed up they are not locking down again, so my friend there says !!! ??? And he is wondering what will happen this time ? … Like how long will the borders be closed again ? ... And how many Deaths included in that also I suspect ???  …. And I am still struggling, .... Outside the Country !!! ... Just what a Total tragedy for the whole world.

Yes well R, you last week’s “Drugs Alcohol and LOL” was it ? Exposé was OK also … But well the Disaster WAS creeping in here ... as Disasters do, like they build up outside your door !!! … Like a Flood !!! ... And just start coming in, under the door, just to start off with !!!   … And though I was going to comment on your “Alcohol is worse than the Drugs, that they are on about” (Or similar) comment as it IS true !!!   I could not, as I WAS just too fried by it all. … And well I still am !!! ... But just soldiering on … As we ALL have to right R ???

… Like as Alcohol is so socially accepted to even revered !!! … So well you start losing control with it ... and well "Voom" as John Cleese says in the "Parrot" and other of his “True Life” sketches !!! ... … You are down. ... 

Like an Anecdote on being an Alcoholic about to crash … but visiting a very good French friend’s house would have surfaced .... "So you’re a chronic Alcoholic, and about to Crash”, … “And quite obviously so” !!! …And riddled with OCD and increasing Anxiety  And in your Good French Friends House (In Northern France Right ! NOT South) .... .... ....  But at Lunch every day !!! … As you drag yourself out of bed, … and try to sake of the Anxiety of being about as far away from your home, and natural environment, as you ever have felt !!! … Like being in a house in Outer Mongolia would be more comforting, for me I think ? …

... And every day when you start trying to get back on to the road, of Life (Well ! ? trying a bit any way) ... and then they open another Bottle of Good Red wine for Lunch  !!! ... …  Like for a chronic alcoholic who is crashing !!!

...  … THAT is what you were saying about Alcohol I think Roster !!! ??? ....  It IS just TOO acceptable a Poison !!! ???...  And it does irreparable damage also … In MANY areas of the world really … None the less of Thailand quite possibly also.

So then you get cut off, ... for taking an extra beer out of the fridge without asking !!!  … Like forever !!! … Like “What a disgusting sort of Human you are” !!! ....  Like Yes !!!  …. To be a good French man, you must be able to drink red wine all day ... and in to the evening, ... Every day of the week for 40 years of your life !!! .... Stop in between the sessions ….(To make a bit of money to pay for the wine right ???) ...  And well not become an alcoholic !!! … Right ! … Or you’re OUT !!! … Right !!! ...

… Though well ... When the Virus hit they say the alcohol consumption went up !!!  (Some days of Fear in Australia, that they might even close the drive through Bottelo’s !!!) ... But well, now it is down apparently !!! … Alcohol consumption, …. Like a LOT of people obviously smartening up a bit ? Or just getting used to the just totally <deleted> situation ??? ….

Or maybe they got taken away in an Ambulance, and did 9 days in Hospital ..  Mindfulness Bed sitting ??? … And bottle pissing, ? … with 3 days on the edge, 3 x 24 hr. days just blending in to one ???  ... Sorting out your bladder infection and blood poisoning ? In ICU also ??? ... ??? …

Alcohol ! ? …

… Yes your comments on Alcohol were right on last week R, and the main problem is as you say, … That it always has been so acceptable an Evil ??? Well Danger ! ... That quite often becomes Disaster ! Right ? ... But it is only how fast it happens right ??? … that varies the story I think. …

(If This above is off topic, as it is about Roosters Last weeks Blog, then just remove it, and I will move it back there.) ...

... Yes ...This week as a glance ...  Afgnistan ! ... Yes 20 Years waiting for the Inevitable !!! ...

The man who runs the news paper there, now in the UK and was on ABC Australia last night, was right I think in the 3 phases to come up from now on.

1. the PR and gaining credibility phase ... No problems for most People,  ...

2. the government building second Phase, ... Still no trouble fore most people

but then

3. Power solidified, and taken. ... A LOT of Trouble for many ? .. or Most People !!! ... Possibly Very similar to before. ??? ... Like it probably only depends on weather the Political alit can colterol the Boots on the ground foot soldiers moat probably I think. ? ... Still, just look at Iran ??? .. I would REALLY like to think that they can do much better. .... But I doubt it.

Edited by Mark mark
Added a bit
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

So you’re having trouble finding Biden’s speeches? Are you commenting on a speech you didn’t listen to thoroughly?  Is everyone who contradicts your conclusions wrong?  Maybe the problem is in your attention span and ability to comprehend. Biden did indeed reach and inspire a lot of people, perhaps everyone but you. Biden has an actual speech impediment resulting from a stutter as a child. Most of us know and understand that. Most of us understand that his “gaffes” are exactly that, no more, no less. Are you one of those who ridiculed the stuttering kids in school? Called them bubbling idiots did you? There are no perfect leaders. Most will commit blunders from time to time. The war in Afghanistan was always a mess, and was always doomed. I think everyone finds these events disturbing. But There could never be a clean exit. The commitment to withdraw was made by Trump. A president’s decisions are only as good as the advice on which they are based, and you can point to the military brass on that. The heart breaking results of war are unpredictable but inevitable. Biden has in fact given a great number of good speeches, well received by the majority of people. You are in the minority. I presume that you would prefer to listen to Trump then. 

Read again, I asked for a link to the greatest speech of the Century as Rooster stated. "Inspire peolple" is a laugh as 1000,s of American were left behind in Afghanistan.  The only thing you got right was besides biden there are others to blame. Not Trump but all the military advisors, Defense Secretary share the blame. 

Please stop blaming biden's lack of focus when talking on a speech impediment. Go back some years and hear him speak more coherently. I was one of the kids others made fun of because of my extreme stuttering problem. Biden loses focus when speaking and can't remember his own thoughts. He's becoming a threat to the national security of the USA.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, ScotBkk said:

It keeps me active, me now having six children and want to bang out another couple before Snorky comes into retirement.

Off topic, and a disgusting statement in my opinion. Get snipped.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

So you’re having trouble finding Biden’s speeches? Are you commenting on a speech you didn’t listen to thoroughly?  Is everyone who contradicts your conclusions wrong?  Maybe the problem is in your attention span and ability to comprehend. Biden did indeed reach and inspire a lot of people, perhaps everyone but you. Biden has an actual speech impediment resulting from a stutter as a child. Most of us know and understand that. Most of us understand that his “gaffes” are exactly that, no more, no less. Are you one of those who ridiculed the stuttering kids in school? Called them bubbling idiots did you? There are no perfect leaders. Most will commit blunders from time to time. The war in Afghanistan was always a mess, and was always doomed. I think everyone finds these events disturbing. But There could never be a clean exit. The commitment to withdraw was made by Trump. A president’s decisions are only as good as the advice on which they are based, and you can point to the military brass on that. The heart breaking results of war are unpredictable but inevitable. Biden has in fact given a great number of good speeches, well received by the majority of people. You are in the minority. I presume that you would prefer to listen to Trump then. 

It has come to light in the past day or so that in addition to the tragedy taking place among the victims of the lightning takeover there, the stage was set in the US for increased suffering at the hands of previous administrations’s very calculated eviscerating of the special visa plan that had been put in place in the administration before that. (Another case of undoing something noble and good out of monstrous spite).  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rumak said:

yes, when rooster writes something like that one has to wonder :    is there a ghostwriter writing some

of this stuff ..       powerful speech   hahahaha       now really,  does anyone here think Biden writes anything that he says in speeches?    (before they wisk him away)

His brother from another mother writes them ????