Want to expand home TV viewing options

RickSee

On 8/24/2021 at 7:42 AM, Henryford said:

Well the AISPlay sports channels are still available now so maybe it means closed FROM 1.10.21 which would be a big downgrade. I probably wouldn't keep it if that is the case.

Yes, Disney is pulling the plug on a lot of channels in SE Asia, as of October 1st:

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/disney-shut-down-most-its-tv-channels-southeast-asia-eyes-growth-streaming-services

“According to Variety, the channels set to be shut down include Fox, Fox Crime, Fox Life and FX; movie channels Fox Action Movies, Fox Family Movies, Fox Movies and Star Movies China. 

Sports channels Fox Sports, Fox Sports 2, Fox Sports 3, Star Sports 1 and Star Sports 2 will also be shut down.”

If you're patient and your WiFi is good get an Android box from Ali Express.

I've got mi s box.  Its works very well.

You will side load apps that will enable you to watch pretty much anything you want.

Troypoint.com is a good website for easy tutorials on how to setup your devices.

All our TV' s have one.

Its also small enough to travel with so you can enjoy your holiday evenings watching a first run movies at a beach side resort.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 8:54 PM, KannikaP said:

For me personally, I find enough channels to watch on the UK channels, plus the US channels on USTVGO. Too many channels and one can spend more time trying to decide what to watch, by which time it's finished if it is live TV. A lot of stuff is also available on You Tube. 

And by going down the VPN route you get the added security when on other sites eg banks etc.

But all to their own method. There are only a certain number of hours in a day when you can watch TV....like 16!

Yeah, every time I logged into email, news and credit card online etc on VPN I ended up spending hours changing passwords with messages to and fro with codes.

Even on normal my IP address is Thailand so I get asked every couple of months.

I use FilmOn but it is UK Freeview but not all just the regular stuff and the +1 channels. The best is you can record and watch up to 30 days later.

A "bloke called Eric" recommended by a scouser? No thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/22/2021 at 7:40 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

does anyone know which one of the options might have a great collection of old movies.

Tubi....just download to your android tv box.  Many services for movies on google play store,but most of them require update every so often. There is one more that is pretty reliable (not perfect but worth the trouble since it's free) Live Net TV has sports tv, tv addicts programming movies, but you do get a easy way to eliminate the Arabic programming in settings, where just the US, UK and preferred countries are the choice. When you pay premium prices, you get no ads. Most android boxes come loaded with some useful or usable apps; just be sure to get the latest upgrade version.

• Thanks 1

For the OP, a lot of the recommended Android apps can be installed on your phone - many cannot as they are geo-locked - so you can try them out, and most have the Chromecast casting icon, so you can throw them to your TV top get a feel for frame rates and resolutions.

Foe example: Tubi...which is legal, and available in the PlayStore.

Screenshot (Aug 26, 2021 09_45_45).jpg

The-op. You want a free streaming service to replace Mobdro. As you should well know, nothing in this life is free so you may well have adverts or malware or in a worse case scenario, both! You can try 'https://www.livenettv.bz/' but I would advise against this as my antivirus gave dire warnings but at least you are forewarned.

This leads me to ask the question why do you want free when, for a small outlay, you can have a very good reliable stream for £60/yr. Not free but then again, hardly a bank breaking outlay. They even provide a free, no CC required, time limited trial. Be careful as the time limit starts from when they email you the password. For a second opinion take a gander at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.best-iptv-uk.me
With an 'Excellent' rating from almost 90% of respondents you have to agree this is one of the best reviews for an IPTV stream you are ever likely to see. They have around 3k international channels, somewhere between 3-500 UK channels with all of the UK 'Free to Air' channels and more sports channels than you could ever want with Footie fans being especially well catered for????

The godsend for us Thai residents is nearly all of the UK channels (far too many to list here) have between 3 & 7 days catch-up. What more could you ask for with their VOD library having maybe 10k entries of films, both old & new, together with many boxed sets of series, documentaries and much more. All of this included in the £60/yr membership fee. If you require multi-room access then additional subs are available with a hefty discount. You now have a choice with a link of dubious quality for a free 'Live' TV stream or, for a very small outlay, you can have luxury. As I said, it is your choice but you know what I would recommend. Anyone requiring further information please send an email to "[email protected]" with a subject line of "A 'Den2Pies' Referral" They may even offer a discount as they are primed and expecting your emails????

In your email requesting either a trial or subscription ask them to send you password info in a format compatible with their 'Flix' player app and a link so you can sideload to your Android STB. You all know the vagaries of the Thai Internet but their 'Flix' player has a 10 minute buffer active with catch-up and VOD so you should never again experience any buffering or freeze frames????

FYI: The stream provider is UK based so, due to the time difference, please show a little patience and finally, I have no financial interest in this IPTV service provider whatsoever and neither am I an agent or a reseller but just a very satisfied customer????

• Haha 1

For those that lack technical knowledge let me recommend an Android STB https://bit.ly/3rv6ZDE at B1350 from Lazada and Tivimate as the IPTV stream player. You can find Tivimate on a Troypoint link https://troypoint.com/tivimate/ Troypoint is certainly a good starting point for discovering all about IPTV. Many IPTV player apk's for Android require sideloading. If you do not know how to sideload an apk then Google really is your friend.

On 8/22/2021 at 1:28 PM, RickSee said:

Would like to expand TV viewing options for both TVs to also get some US, UK and European programming, including news and major sporting events (eg.  football - both varieties - and major golf), and perhaps additional movie choices. 

All you need to do is this:

1. Get an Android TV Box, at least with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage, ideally with Android 10 and 5G Wifi though you should connect with an ethernet cable if possible. The benefits of this box are amazing. You can load Express VPN direct without issues, and thus pretend you're in UK, US, or anywhere else. Perfect for circumventing annoying geo-blocking. You can also download a free app which has free US, UK, Spanish, German live tv channels, but it does have lag and interruption. You can download BBCiplayer, you can also download the apps of various tv channels. And of course VLC, so you can connect your hard drive and watch your recorded content without problems. You'll basically have a full google playstore on your tv. You could download chess apps to play chess on your tv if you want. The box should cost in the vicinity of 1350 Baht. I reccommend Tanix TX6s, but there are many good options.

2. Get Express VPN.

3. Start downloading apps to widen your viewing pleasure. Apart from many apps that allow you to view US, UK, Spanish, German, French TV channels for free you can also go legit and download Amazon Prime, the various channel specific apps like BBCiplayer (do an apk search if it's not in your playstore or try aptoide), movie apps. All this can be for free, though you can certainly pay monthly for apps if you want, but it's not necessary at all.

12 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

All you need to do is this:

1. Get an Android TV Box, at least with 4GB RAM and 128GB storage, ideally with Android 10 and 5G Wifi though you should connect with an ethernet cable if possible. The benefits of this box are amazing. You can load Express VPN direct without issues, and thus pretend you're in UK, US, or anywhere else. Perfect for circumventing annoying geo-blocking. You can also download a free app which has free US, UK, Spanish, German live tv channels, but it does have lag and interruption. You can download BBCiplayer, you can also download the apps of various tv channels. And of course VLC, so you can connect your hard drive and watch your recorded content without problems. You'll basically have a full google playstore on your tv. You could download chess apps to play chess on your tv if you want. The box should cost in the vicinity of 1350 Baht. I reccommend Tanix TX6s, but there are many good options.

2. Get Express VPN.

3. Start downloading apps to widen your viewing pleasure. Apart from many apps that allow you to view US, UK, Spanish, German, French TV channels for free you can also go legit and download Amazon Prime, the various channel specific apps like BBCiplayer (do an apk search if it's not in your playstore or try aptoide), movie apps. All this can be for free, though you can certainly pay monthly for apps if you want, but it's not necessary at all.

Could you please provide a link to your Tanix T6 STB with 128GB eMMC as all I can find is 32GBeMMC or 'Sold Out' or 'Not Available' Thanks in anticipation.

20 minutes ago, D2Pipes said:

Could you please provide a link to your Tanix T6 STB with 128GB eMMC as all I can find is 32GBeMMC or 'Sold Out' or 'Not Available' Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks for this, I was referring to the Tanix 64GB. I must have been thinking of the T95, which is available in 128GB.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284400006422?hash=item42378fb516:g:LLIAAOSwRTlhDl3E

https://www.ebay.de/itm/265215580621?hash=item3dc01499cd:g:OVkAAOSwxipg3spQ

Either the Tanix TX6s in 64 or the T95 in 128 would be excellent choices. I run the Tanix in 64 and am amazed at the fluidity and reliability.

Generally the bigger storage is best, because it will allow you to download the largest number of apps. It should not affect fluidity or reliability if you are above 32GB.

Edited by Tanomazu

48 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Thanks for this, I was referring to the Tanix 64GB. I must have been thinking of the T95, which is available in 128GB.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/284400006422?hash=item42378fb516:g:LLIAAOSwRTlhDl3E

https://www.ebay.de/itm/265215580621?hash=item3dc01499cd:g:OVkAAOSwxipg3spQ

Either the Tanix TX6s in 64 or the T95 in 128 would be excellent choices. I run the Tanix in 64 and am amazed at the fluidity and reliability.

Generally the bigger storage is best, because it will allow you to download the largest number of apps. It should not affect fluidity or reliability if you are above 32GB.

Thanks for your reply but I notice from your link a couple of issues:-

i) The links are in Germany whereas the majority of the readers are in SE Asia specifically Thailand which would necessitate both shipping and import duty to be added to the price so this is not a feasible option. The link I provided with the price I quoted of B1350 was an end user price, no import duty and only a few Baht to cover post & packing.

ii) But the real killer from your link is

image.png.13700be22d8631a0673d7ffbed954973.png

many thanks though for a prompt reply????

6 hours ago, D2Pipes said:

Thanks for your reply but I notice from your link a couple of issues:-

i) The links are in Germany whereas the majority of the readers are in SE Asia specifically Thailand which would necessitate both shipping and import duty to be added to the price so this is not a feasible option. The link I provided with the price I quoted of B1350 was an end user price, no import duty and only a few Baht to cover post & packing.

ii) But the real killer from your link is

image.png.13700be22d8631a0673d7ffbed954973.png

many thanks though for a prompt reply????

Not an issue at all because I bought my Tanix 6s on Lazada in Thailand, no import duty, and certainly delivered there, that link was just to illustrate the item.

Thanks again for all the helpful comments.  Became very clear that:  (1) I'm not the only IT-challenged out there; and (2) there's a lot of interest in even the most basic elements of setting up a workable, and relatively affordable, ITV system at home.

Rs

3 minutes ago, RickSee said:

Thanks again for all the helpful comments.  Became very clear that:  (1) I'm not the only IT-challenged out there; and (2) there's a lot of interest in even the most basic elements of setting up a workable, and relatively affordable, ITV system at home.

Rs

Welcome to the IT-challenged club.  That's why I went for PulseTV - just buy a box, attach it to the TV and internet, and everything is there.  Nothing to download at all.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:54 AM, Will27 said:

I agree with Scouse123.

I've been a customer of Eric's before and it's a very good system and good value for money.

As he has said, PM him if you want further info.

+1 good experience, worth considering if you want something easy and hassle free. 

On 8/27/2021 at 4:07 PM, D2Pipes said:

The-op. You want a free streaming service to replace Mobdro. As you should well know, nothing in this life is free so you may well have adverts or malware or in a worse case scenario, both! You can try 'https://www.livenettv.bz/' but I would advise against this as my antivirus gave dire warnings but at least you are forewarned.

This leads me to ask the question why do you want free when, for a small outlay, you can have a very good reliable stream for £60/yr. Not free but then again, hardly a bank breaking outlay. They even provide a free, no CC required, time limited trial. Be careful as the time limit starts from when they email you the password. For a second opinion take a gander at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.best-iptv-uk.me
With an 'Excellent' rating from almost 90% of respondents you have to agree this is one of the best reviews for an IPTV stream you are ever likely to see. They have around 3k international channels, somewhere between 3-500 UK channels with all of the UK 'Free to Air' channels and more sports channels than you could ever want with Footie fans being especially well catered for????

The godsend for us Thai residents is nearly all of the UK channels (far too many to list here) have between 3 & 7 days catch-up. What more could you ask for with their VOD library having maybe 10k entries of films, both old & new, together with many boxed sets of series, documentaries and much more. All of this included in the £60/yr membership fee. If you require multi-room access then additional subs are available with a hefty discount. You now have a choice with a link of dubious quality for a free 'Live' TV stream or, for a very small outlay, you can have luxury. As I said, it is your choice but you know what I would recommend. Anyone requiring further information please send an email to "[email protected]" with a subject line of "A 'Den2Pies' Referral" They may even offer a discount as they are primed and expecting your emails????

In your email requesting either a trial or subscription ask them to send you password info in a format compatible with their 'Flix' player app and a link so you can sideload to your Android STB. You all know the vagaries of the Thai Internet but their 'Flix' player has a 10 minute buffer active with catch-up and VOD so you should never again experience any buffering or freeze frames????

FYI: The stream provider is UK based so, due to the time difference, please show a little patience and finally, I have no financial interest in this IPTV service provider whatsoever and neither am I an agent or a reseller but just a very satisfied customer????

I think in Thailand its trial and error, you can't trust anybody these days including Trustpilot.!!

https://www.seotraininglondon.org/can-you-trust-trustpilot/

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 7:11 AM, elfpattaya said:

Sent this e-mail yesterday as suggested, still awaiting a reply. Not looking good if they can't be bothered to reply.

Sorry abut that. You can try their website instead:-

https://bestiptvuk.me/request-a-trial/

and they claim a member of their team will respond in minutes????

Maybe you could let me know how you get on as all feedback is good feedback.

43 minutes ago, D2Pipes said:

Sorry abut that. You can try their website instead:-

https://bestiptvuk.me/request-a-trial/

and they claim a member of their team will respond in minutes????

Maybe you could let me know how you get on as all feedback is good feedback.

I looked at their website and requested a free trial, via their chat line, they replied that they only give free trials on Monday to Friday because of sport on the weekends.

Free trials last for 6 hours if you do not include sport and 1 hour if you want sport, so you are not going to look at a lot of free sport in the 1 hour they give you.

I wanted to chat about other things, but they were totally ignored, so gave up.

I have still not had a reply to the e-mail I sent, and yes I have checked my junk. Bank Holiday in the UK today maybe they will reply after the holiday.

Does not look like a service I shall use, but thanks for the suggestion and glad that they work for you.

It is also worth looking at the link Scouser123 gave about Trustpilot.

28 minutes ago, elfpattaya said:

I looked at their website and requested a free trial, via their chat line, they replied that they only give free trials on Monday to Friday because of sport on the weekends.

Free trials last for 6 hours if you do not include sport and 1 hour if you want sport, so you are not going to look at a lot of free sport in the 1 hour they give you.

I wanted to chat about other things, but they were totally ignored, so gave up.

I have still not had a reply to the e-mail I sent, and yes I have checked my junk. Bank Holiday in the UK today maybe they will reply after the holiday.

Does not look like a service I shall use, but thanks for the suggestion and glad that they work for you.

It is also worth looking at the link Scouser123 gave about Trustpilot.

Thanks for the feeback and I did look at Scouser's link but I feel it better to compare two or 3 Trustpilot reviews on IPTV rather than whether or not the reviews are gated:-

Best Iptv-uk Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.best-iptv-uk.me (trustpilot.com)

Bestbuyiptv Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of bestbuyiptv.com (trustpilot.com)

NecroIPTV Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of necroiptv.com (trustpilot.com)

Now Scouser's link comments can be applied to all and you can now draw your own conclusion.

I am sorry that you did not have a successful outcome and this does not bode well for my recommendations. I contacted them about your issue and I was less than impressed with their response so your findings are not unique. I had very little time (days) to evaluate an IPTV provider for the South Africa v British & Irish Lions rugby Internationals so I took a 1 hour trial to ensure I had catch-up on the channels I wanted and went with the Trustpilot review. Give or take, everything has been hunky dory. I know there had been plenty of notice about the timing of the rugby Internationals but closure of my sports bar due to Covid came out of the blue and I needed a rapid solution. The way I looked at it was if I had a month of rugby and the IPTV supplier went pear shaped it was money (£60/yr) well spent so I am regarding everything else as a bonus.

All told I am very happy with them and would still recommend and would even go so far as suggesting you adopt my philosophy, sign up for a 3 month package and treat this as a trial. I don't think you will have any regrets especially if you are a footie or UFC fan as these sports are well catered for.

If you still have questions about them you can always PM me and I promise to give an honest answer. I have already told you about my dislike of there response to my question about you.

You can also try HDPrime but you need to set up an account b4 you can view any info about anything. No CC required to set up an account and apparently they automatically send you an SMS with a 24 hr free trial but this did not work for me.

Any questions just ask and I will try to answer.

p.s. HDP have been around for many years and you can buy monthly access from a 7/11 store????

p.p.s. be wary as many IPTV suppliers are being forced out of business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D2Pipes said:

Thanks for the feeback and I did look at Scouser's link but I feel it better to compare two or 3 Trustpilot reviews on IPTV rather than whether or not the reviews are gated:-

Best Iptv-uk Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.best-iptv-uk.me (trustpilot.com)

Bestbuyiptv Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of bestbuyiptv.com (trustpilot.com)

NecroIPTV Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of necroiptv.com (trustpilot.com)

Now Scouser's link comments can be applied to all and you can now draw your own conclusion.

I am sorry that you did not have a successful outcome and this does not bode well for my recommendations. I contacted them about your issue and I was less than impressed with their response so your findings are not unique. I had very little time (days) to evaluate an IPTV provider for the South Africa v British & Irish Lions rugby Internationals so I took a 1 hour trial to ensure I had catch-up on the channels I wanted and went with the Trustpilot review. Give or take, everything has been hunky dory. I know there had been plenty of notice about the timing of the rugby Internationals but closure of my sports bar due to Covid came out of the blue and I needed a rapid solution. The way I looked at it was if I had a month of rugby and the IPTV supplier went pear shaped it was money (£60/yr) well spent so I am regarding everything else as a bonus.

All told I am very happy with them and would still recommend and would even go so far as suggesting you adopt my philosophy, sign up for a 3 month package and treat this as a trial. I don't think you will have any regrets especially if you are a footie or UFC fan as these sports are well catered for.

If you still have questions about them you can always PM me and I promise to give an honest answer. I have already told you about my dislike of there response to my question about you.

You can also try HDPrime but you need to set up an account b4 you can view any info about anything. No CC required to set up an account and apparently they automatically send you an SMS with a 24 hr free trial but this did not work for me.

Any questions just ask and I will try to answer.

p.s. HDP have been around for many years and you can buy monthly access from a 7/11 store????

p.p.s. be wary as many IPTV suppliers are being forced out of business.

p.p.p.s. I have just had an update where they say they did reply to you.

I don't want to post their reply on an open forum as this will expose your email address but drop me a pm and we can continue this conversation in private.

On 8/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, engamann said:

After the member Scouse123 sent me the info about Eric I did email him and him was at my condo a few hours later to install it all , him also call 3bb for me since my international speed was very unstable and help me out on that problem to. I have now had it for a few days and last night all my football was perfect and you will have more channels then you ever need. So a big thanks to Scouse123 for sending me to the right man and a big thanks to Eric for awesome service.

Does Eric's system provide reliable few days catchup?

Does he have an APP to download to your own box?

On 8/23/2021 at 7:28 PM, mtls2005 said:

Please be aware that...

Channels FOX Movies, FOX Action Movies, FOX Family Movies, FOX Life, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports 3, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Baby TV, Star Chinese Movies will be discontinued till 1st October, 2021. No clue what that means exactly. Unavailable now, but will be as ov 1-10-21, or available now until 30-9-21?

https://www.ais.th/play/en/package.html

And an hour after you get the optimal set-up it'll require another week of re-tuning.

I'd make a list of the exact channels, streaming sources and specialized content you want, then start cobbling together solution(s).

AIS does offer Disney + Hotstar, their AIS Play offer may be losing channels soon, not sure about replacement. But check it out via your SIM for a month, cast to Chromecast.

TrueVisions does offer some American football, and F1 and golf/tennis majors.

For American football sign up for the free version of NFL GamePass International (no live regular season games - well maybe a few on NFL Network, but the do offer recaps, , or the full package at $199.99.

And look at the IPTV offers, and consider a more sophisticated Android streaming device/box.

And search through the sub-forums: Audio Visual, IT (this one) where you will find a lot of great detail from other members.

if you have a AIS phone number, you can get disney hotstar+ for 35 baht a month.

1 hour ago, D2Pipes said:

p.p.p.s. I have just had an update where they say they did reply to you.

I don't want to post their reply on an open forum as this will expose your email address but drop me a pm and we can continue this conversation in private.

It was very nice of them to reply to you on my behalf. I told you that they replied to my chat, but did not answer further questions.

There are plenty of alternatives out there, and i shall try them.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I do not want anything do to with this company.

I too am a loyal supporter of Eric. Been using his services for about 5 years in various countries. He has various options, which without a doubt, work amazingly well. The great feature and ease of having an android box with all your channels on it, is portability for us. We watch live TV mainly and you have so so many channels that you can get from anywhere around the world. If there is any problem at all you get notified and normally service is rectified within a short time frame. It's not perfect, it is IPTV, but the small problems that do occur time to time is nothing compared to the great service Eric supplies. Recommend his service whole heartedly. Just about to get a new box, after one of ours has decided it's worn out, with all our services preloaded on it. Couldn't ask for more. 

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Does Eric supply catchup?

Very important when most of the live decent tv (football etc) is on in the middle of the night.

I take that as no then?

I will stick with Pulse.

Expensive but you get what you pay for.