Want to expand home TV viewing options

RickSee

On 8/23/2021 at 10:40 AM, 1FinickyOne said:

let me know how you like it... I am listening to John Prine now and often sleep at night to Mozart

They also have a pay option which allows you to download songs for free. I am beefing up a playlist and will go to pay option soon.

If you sign up for a paid monthly Spotify plan through their Thailand website and set up a monthly debit from a Thai bank account, the price is just a fraction of the monthly fee in the west... I believe I'm paying about 110 baht per month.

And the paid plan means no commercials and the ability to stream albums in order instead of tracks being shuffled around.  Also, the Spotify catalog for Thai subscriptions give you access to all the content you'd get with a US or UK subscription.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2021 at 9:47 AM, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

For use in Thailand, I want to say first to the OP I am not a techy or techy minded but I know the basics and can make my way around a computer.

I listened on TVF and to others and tried nearly every system going.

The last three years I have been with a service from a guy called Eric. He is a European based in Thailand.

I get UK, USA, Aussie sports.I get my beloved football. I get movies, (old, new and Netflix,) TV series old and new. I get catchup service. I get PPV, pay per view, services and although not in the deal, usually free. He has a multi channel back up on important channels, in case a channel fails.

Good layout, interface and easy to operate.

I have a fantastic back up service and have recommended this man to others on TVF and have had no complaints so far. He charges 600 baht a month for all the lot plus he is available on Line service and email in the event of problems. The maximum he asks for is a three months deal.

He can supply you with the android boxes and suitable equipment or you can use your own. He is not pushy.

There are those that just refuse to pay for any kind of IPTV service and are prepared to mess around and playing around weekly to get free service etc I don't have the time or inclination to do this.

Anybody wants his service, send a PM to me on here.

I have no financial interest in this IPTV service I speak about whatsoever nor am I am agent, I am a customer.

hi

any details of how to subscribe to Eric's service?

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Forget Roku in Thailand. I bought a Roku from Amazon and it is useless here, the few channels like Youtube that it provides I can get on my Smart TV anyway, and the rest are rubbish.

I could have told you that it would not work for you...

But there is still a lot of stuff that you can do for free and that includes IPTV.

Though I don't intend to go into that with you.

Edited by Bruno123

30 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If you sign up for a paid monthly Spotify plan through their Thailand website and set up a monthly debit from a Thai bank account, the price is just a fraction of the monthly fee in the west... I believe I'm paying about 110 baht per month.

And the paid plan means no commercials and the ability to stream albums in order instead of tracks being shuffled around.  Also, the Spotify catalog for Thai subscriptions give you access to all the content you'd get with a US or UK subscription.

i think the biggest thing for me would be the free download to my itunes if that is easily done?? 

On 8/31/2021 at 3:05 PM, D2Pipes said:

Use a Smart DNS as all of the major players can easily detect a VPN..

I used to use UnblockUs but they merged with StrongDNS and I was offered a renewable fixed price contract so I finished up with a good deal.

It's still perfectly possible to access various U.S. streaming content via VPN like Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc...   But it IS more complicated than it used to be.

Some paid VPN services still work fine with those commercial streaming providers. But others no longer do. I gave up an Express VPN subscription more than a year ago now because, despite their claims, NONE of their U.S. servers at the time would prevent getting a "VPN error" from Amazon Prime...

But now I have a different paid VPN service that thus far has not been blocked by any of the major U.S. streaming services I use. Both Netflix and Amazon at various times have taken technical measures aimed at denying access to VPN connections. But for those with perseverence, it's still perfectly doable.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

21 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

i think the biggest thing for me would be the free download to my itunes if that is easily done?? 

I know the paid Spotify service allows downloads via the Spotify app to your various devices, which you can then play via the device's Spotify app.  It also allows you to stream the music to any Amazon Echo devices/speakers you might have in your home.

I don't off hand know whether Spotify downloads interface or not with ITunes.

Screenshot_1.jpg.6e74c09749f27305513f684eddbc7eea.jpg

https://www.spotify.com/th-en/premium/#plans

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

But there is still a lot of stuff that you can do for free and that includes IPTV.

You can use a Roku device in Thailand to access home country content like that from the U.S.   But it requires having a Roku account based in that home country, and then, having a VPN-capable router like many made by ASUS where it can provide a VPN IP via wifi to the Roku device.

Android TV boxes and Amazon Fire Tv devices are nice because both pretty much have available a full array of apps for most of the major paid VPN providers that you can install and use on those devices, thus bypassing the geo restrictions. But Roku doesn't allow for on-device VPN apps, so you have to go the VPN router route or a DNS redirect service, the latter meaning you have to mess with the settings of your ISP-provided router.

However, the range of streaming apps/services available on Amazon Fire and Android TV devices, either directly or via sideloading, FAR exceeds the much more limited range of channels available on Roku devices. So for that reason, I use my Fire TV and Android TV devices daily, but my Roku devices are sitting in a drawer.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You can use a Roku device in Thailand to access home country content like that from the U.S.   But it requires having a Roku account based in that home country, and then, having a VPN-capable router like many made by ASUS where it can provide a VPN IP via wifi to the Roku device.

Android TV boxes and Amazon Fire Tv devices are nice because both pretty much have available a full array of apps for most of the major paid VPN providers that you can install and use on those devices. But Roku doesn't allow for on-device VPN apps, so you have to go the VPN router route or a DNS redirect service.

You should have quoted giddyup rather than myself, as he is the one who needs the info.

The DNS service would still need you to configure the router to block Google DNS

On 8/23/2021 at 8:49 PM, mtls2005 said:

I find casting Netflix from my phone is much, much better than using my TV's native Netflix (or Youtube) app. The phone acts as a much better "remote". But now I just use my CCGTV.

Your phone has a much better computer and its apps gets updated more frequently. IMO the TV apps should generally be used only as a last resort.

On 8/22/2021 at 8:47 PM, Scouse123 said:

Guys,

For use in Thailand, I want to say first to the OP I am not a techy or techy minded but I know the basics and can make my way around a computer.

I listened on TVF and to others and tried nearly every system going.

The last three years I have been with a service from a guy called Eric. He is a European based in Thailand.

I get UK, USA, Aussie sports.I get my beloved football. I get movies, (old, new and Netflix,) TV series old and new. I get catchup service. I get PPV, pay per view, services and although not in the deal, usually free. He has a multi channel back up on important channels, in case a channel fails.

Good layout, interface and easy to operate.

I have a fantastic back up service and have recommended this man to others on TVF and have had no complaints so far. He charges 600 baht a month for all the lot plus he is available on Line service and email in the event of problems. The maximum he asks for is a three months deal.

He can supply you with the android boxes and suitable equipment or you can use your own. He is not pushy.

There are those that just refuse to pay for any kind of IPTV service and are prepared to mess around and playing around weekly to get free service etc I don't have the time or inclination to do this.

Anybody wants his service, send a PM to me on here.

I have no financial interest in this IPTV service I speak about whatsoever nor am I am agent, I am a customer.

I support everything this post says. I've had the same service for 2-3 years and can't fault it.

For anyone with Fire TV devices or wanting to know about them, this U.S. site is one of the best out there. The author also has a free email newsletter that you can subscribe to to automatically get emailed whenever they post an article:

http://www.aftvnews.com

For Android TV folks who want to know how to best expand its content options, this UK based site is one of the best I've seen. And the author also has a YouTube channel where he does very straightforward and clear video tutorials on where to get various apps, how to install them and configure them. (Some of his content also is dual purpose, working on both Fire TV and Android TV devices, since both are Android-based.)

https://www.techdoctoruk.com/tutorials/

https://www.techdoctoruk.com/category/tech_videos/

• Like 1

On 8/25/2021 at 5:48 PM, thailand49 said:

Hey you are my guy!  but the problem you are missing is there are guys like me and I admit it freely don't have a clue I mean not a clue and I falling further behind getting left behind. I can barely turn on the computer I got stuff attached I have no idea what to do now I might seem stupid but smart enough to invest wisely and got money rolling but I can't download anything except when I in the toilet. A buddy down loaded Torrent for me since he was downloading T.V. series like Bulls, Chicago Fire etc.. and I can't even figure out how to use it not a clue and now he is gone.

Back home, I plug the cable wire into the T.V. turn it on click click click nothing to think or do download one hand the clicker the other my beer I don't want all this download stuff in 3 minutes by the time I figure it out the show or game is over?????  I think I might be worse than the poster <deleted> is an Android?

You need to educate yourself by looking up things on Google. No-one is taught this stuff in school. Do some research.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2021 at 11:17 AM, engamann said:

After the member Scouse123 sent me the info about Eric I did email him and him was at my condo a few hours later to install it all , him also call 3bb for me since my international speed was very unstable and help me out on that problem to. I have now had it for a few days and last night all my football was perfect and you will have more channels then you ever need. So a big thanks to Scouse123 for sending me to the right man and a big thanks to Eric for awesome service.

Frankly, anyone who doesn't use this service is going to lose out on what is an extensive service with reliable help and advice. I have no qualms about using a service that offers channels that someone like, for example, Sky News refuses to provide to us themselves. If they can't be bothered, others will step in and provide it.

I'm fine with that, and I have no idea why such providers who spend millions producing programes then don't make them available when there is worldwide demand for it. They, of course, try to block the service, even though by not selling it they lose nothing themselves. They actually spend money and effort trying to stop people watching their output. It's a strange world. 

• Like 2

I bought an IPTV box years back, this is my 2nd one, as the first generation was un-upgradeable, I paid one price once, no monthly subscription, it came fully loaded with all the apps I need, don't watch a lot of sport so don't bother too much with that, I get all the latest series, UK & USA, all the latest movies, often before they've been seen in some cinemas, just waiting for the latest Bond movie ????

Cost me 4 k baht about 5 years ago,  NO MONTHLY SUBSCRIPTION.

It just plugs in to an HDMI port, select series or movie and away you go.

On 8/23/2021 at 8:25 AM, steve187 said:

i have just put a new app on my android box, been using it for movies/tv shows, no buffering with small files available as well as large, all free of charge and uses torrents to stream the movie/tv show

Whats the live streaming like?

I subscribe to Tea Time TV which gives you access to most if not all UK TV stations.

You can go back eight days fast forward pause etc.

Its not free but for me at 1800 baht for three months good value.

You need a good internet signal.

I know some people consider it an anathema to pay for anything online but I am not part of that group.

17 hours ago, Bruno123 said:

I already had a look at how to install IPTV and lost interest after about the 5th or 6th step. Too complicated for my limited computer skills.

Edited by giddyup

All those that sent me messages in the last 18 hours, please check your inboxes as I have given you contact details.

Once again guys, I have no affiliation to this services, I am just a customer. Some on here asking me technical questions and the legalities of it all and IPTV services, these are not questions I want to get involved with.

Only contact me please if you are genuinely interested in this service being provided and not just comparing notes, I have other things I can be doing.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Thanks 1

I got an android box , I get everything even NFL I got it at MBK back wall 3 or 4 floor 3,000 b for box no monthly , yearly upkeep payments gets everything I was with True paying 2800 b a month , <deleted> And Expensive, Indian guy about 50 or 60 has Burmese workers , if you get an android box get good quality and get a lil computer fan to keep it cool , they overheat and <deleted> out 

Edited by Ireland32