Want to expand home TV viewing options

RickSee

For me there were a few 'must haves'. 1 Sky Sports-all channels 2. BT Sport. 3 Cricket and rugby  worldwide. 4 UK News and Entertainment  5. Catch-up 3 day+ 6 No buffering or the very minimal.

I have all this via a Minix Box and 3BB Internet. The app. is not based in Thailand and offers a free 3-day trial.

Of course like all IPTV services it could be blocked at any minute. I have had this app. for 5 years. The box cost about 4000 baht and the programming costs about 6000 baht per annum. More expensive if you buy for shorter periods . I live in Pattaya. pm me if you need anything

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, tlcwaterfall said:

Kodi gives me all the  movies, tv shows, documentaries and live tv I could ever need. Plus around 20 terabytes of Movies, tv shows etc. as a back up.

Have a Nvidia shield, a couple of firesticks and windows laptop.

Iptv services are worth considering along with a plex subscription.

Doesn't Amazon any VPN or geoblocking and only let you watch things that can be watched abroad?

I have tried several times to watch movies or series on Amazon Prime even with a VPN set to the UK. I still get a message along the lines of: We have detected that you are not in the UK and can therefore only watch permitted items for abroad.

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

I take that as no then?

I will stick with Pulse.

Expensive but you get what you pay for.

You're answering your own questions.

Why don't you just wait for an answer from a subscriber?

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Doesn't Amazon any VPN or geoblocking and only let you watch things that can be watched abroad?

I have tried several times to watch movies or series on Amazon Prime even with a VPN set to the UK. I still get a message along the lines of: We have detected that you are not in the UK and can therefore only watch permitted items for abroad.

Nord Vpn allows me to watch Amercian Netflix and BBC Iplayer and other content.

Smartdns proxy is another way to circumvent geoblocking.

I have a streaming box from True fiber. Comes free, as part of their internet fiber package, which is about 1000 baht a month, for a 1GBps connection. Blazing fast. On the box I can get RT, Al Jazeera, and a few other channels, live. Also, get Haystack, and many other news outlets streamed, in addition to Red Bull sports, and some movie channels.

But, I download nearly everything. Here there are seemingly no restrictions on downloads. I have hundreds of full seasons of TV, in HD. And thousands of movies in HD, on multiple external hard drives, and memory sticks. Amazing. Nearly everything is available for download. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishtank said:

I take that as no then?

I will stick with Pulse.

Expensive but you get what you pay for.

So Pulse TV is just an on-demand media streaming service?

If you had a spare PC (or any PC) you could set up an auto downloading media system yourself for free, not too difficult. All the resources are free, once it’s setup, when you just enter the name of the series or movie into a simple graphical interface on your web browser and sit down with a cup of tea and it will appear on an interface that reminds you of pulse TV or Netflix, then every time there is a new episode it will automatically grab it from the web.

I appreciate people may not have the knowledge and I’m quite happy to point people in the right direction. 

AA1FE255-51F9-42B1-AA14-5AC74F72FEA1.jpeg

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Pulse is IPTV that also has 3 days catchup on the old app and 7 days on the new beta app.

Probably the only IPTV that I have ever had that can show all the Premier League games live without buffering.

I have tried a lot of them over the years.

There may be others out there that work as good (maybe Eric)

I have yet to find one.

Ah, fair play - I checked on their website they didn’t mention that clearly, perhaps it was intentional - $15 seems quite reasonable. I have never been interested in watching live sport, so doesn’t interest me, but looks good.

4 hours ago, phetphet said:

Use a Smart DNS as all of the major players can easily detect a VPN..

I used to use UnblockUs but they merged with StrongDNS and I was offered a renewable fixed price contract so I finished up with a good deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, recom273 said:

Ah, fair play - I checked on their website they didn’t mention that clearly, perhaps it was intentional - $15 seems quite reasonable. I have never been interested in watching live sport, so doesn’t interest me, but looks good.

1,000 Baht a month.

On 8/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, elfpattaya said:

Sent this e-mail yesterday as suggested, still awaiting a reply. Not looking good if they can't be bothered to reply.

Ditto for me as I tried their chat message online and sent an email for a trial,,,,,,,,,,,the web site contact for a trial said I would get an email in 15 minutes or less and so far over a day I have nothing,,,,,,,,,

On 8/31/2021 at 8:48 PM, brewsterbudgen said:

Or 10,000 for the year, if you're prepared to risk it. I'm into my 4th year, and now have 2 boxes (same price for 2).

What does same price for 2 mean?

It could mean B10k for 1 or B10k for 2. That is the same price for 2 or.....

It could mean B10k for 1 or B20k for 2. That is also an interpretation of the same price for 2.

I know somebody that wants 3. If it is B10k for 3 then Pulse would seem a good option given everybody is saying Pulse does not buffer and the request for 3 is from a business so any buffering would kill the business.

On 9/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, longball53098 said:

Ditto for me as I tried their chat message online and sent an email for a trial,,,,,,,,,,,the web site contact for a trial said I would get an email in 15 minutes or less and so far over a day I have nothing,,,,,,,,,

I am very disappointed in the lack of support after I sung their praise.

I asked why no support and 2 Admins answered, one Ad said they reply to missed opportunities on the weekend and the other said it was due to a bank holiday.

As far as I am concerned, this is quite feeble excuses really????

Maybe I was just lucky but on the other hand for the last two evenings I have experienced buffering but still have not found the root cause i.e. if it is their feed or my ISP so I am still working on it.

You may like the reason why it is taking so long to diagnose and the answer is simple. After a late dinner I tend to fall asleep so last night I saw buffering but fell asleep before I could instigate a speed test????

1 hour ago, D2Pipes said:

What does same price for 2 mean?

It could mean B10k for 1 or B10k for 2. That is the same price for 2 or.....

It could mean B10k for 1 or B20k for 2. That is also an interpretation of the same price for 2.

I know somebody that wants 3. If it is B10k for 3 then Pulse would seem a good option given everybody is saying Pulse does not buffer and the request for 3 is from a business so any buffering would kill the business.

Check with PulseTV as maybe it's changed. I pay 10k and have 2 boxes.  The price for 1 box is also 10k. No idea what it is for 3 boxes. 

Unbelievable!!!!!

Yes, you deserve 5 of '!' because everybody but everybody charges more for an additional box. To put it bluntly, my Flabber has been Ghasted????

I will definitely have to check out Pulse for someone that wants 3 feeds.

FYI: some IPTV providers lock the login info to the STB so Pulse providing two feeds at the same time for the price of one is amazing.

cheersD

Oops, I forgot to say many thanks for the swift reply and please don't enquire on my behalf just in case Pulse have made a mistake with your billing. In other words I do not want you to rock the boat????

Now it is time for a beer or 2 before dinner???????? or should that have been a????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Check with PulseTV as maybe it's changed. I pay 10k and have 2 boxes.  The price for 1 box is also 10k. No idea what it is for 3 boxes. 

I checked with Pulse-TV re the number of simultaneous feeds and this was their response:-

iv)  With each subscription you are allowed to use on up to 4 devices at the same time. With each login the system logs the IP address and would only allow consecutive logins if the IP address's match (you cannot use from different locations at the same time).

As I said, this is unbelievable.

BTW. I also enquired about their server location and for the streaming channels they use two load balancing servers in Singapore which explains why Pulse-TV customers experience very little buffering. For VOD, their servers are located in Germany.

Regarding my catch-up enquiry Pulse-TV replied:-

v)  With every channel there are 24 hours of catch-up available. The first 5 channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5) have 48 hours catch-up. We are in the process of testing a new system that has 7 days catch-up for all channels).

It just seems to get better and better????

On 8/31/2021 at 2:29 PM, recom273 said:

So Pulse TV is just an on-demand media streaming service?

If you had a spare PC (or any PC) you could set up an auto downloading media system yourself for free, not too difficult. All the resources are free, once it’s setup, when you just enter the name of the series or movie into a simple graphical interface on your web browser and sit down with a cup of tea and it will appear on an interface that reminds you of pulse TV or Netflix, then every time there is a new episode it will automatically grab it from the web.

I appreciate people may not have the knowledge and I’m quite happy to point people in the right direction. 

AA1FE255-51F9-42B1-AA14-5AC74F72FEA1.jpeg

I am keen to find out how to set this up if are happy to assist.

On 9/3/2021 at 1:27 PM, D2Pipes said:

I checked with Pulse-TV re the number of simultaneous feeds and this was their response:-

iv)  With each subscription you are allowed to use on up to 4 devices at the same time. With each login the system logs the IP address and would only allow consecutive logins if the IP address's match (you cannot use from different locations at the same time).

As I said, this is unbelievable.

BTW. I also enquired about their server location and for the streaming channels they use two load balancing servers in Singapore which explains why Pulse-TV customers experience very little buffering. For VOD, their servers are located in Germany.

Regarding my catch-up enquiry Pulse-TV replied:-

v)  With every channel there are 24 hours of catch-up available. The first 5 channels (BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, Channel 4 and Channel 5) have 48 hours catch-up. We are in the process of testing a new system that has 7 days catch-up for all channels).

It just seems to get better and better????

The extension of catch-up will be great.  Pulse are also good at adding additional channels for special events - for example, last week they added two more US ESPN channels for the US tennis Open. 

What sort of resolution are people getting with these streaming solutions?

All the ones I've tried look like 480p at best. This looks OK on a 23" PC screen, less so on a 65" TV.

I get some 4K/UHD content from Netflix, Disney+Hotstar, Youtube. But those networks' CDNs are massively robust, whereas some of these local solutions rely on re-streamers.

Edited by mtls2005

POst this question on Exapts in Thailand group (or something similar) on Facebook and you will get offers thrown at you. Especially at BKK. I have IPTV, I paid 3k baht for a full year and receive pretty much all western channels you can think off (including prime sport channels of each country). 

I'm a sport lover and use it mostly to watch football, Basketball, F1, tennis etc. You can also record.

Also, get rid of True. They are horrible. Get 3BB and you will also get HBO go thrown in there. They offer really good series. 

Edited by Eibot
Forgot a word.

On 9/5/2021 at 3:42 AM, mtls2005 said:

What sort of resolution are people getting with these streaming solutions?

All the ones I've tried look like 480p at best. This looks OK on a 23" PC screen, less so on a 65" TV.

I get some 4K/UHD content from Netflix, Disney+Hotstar, Youtube. But those networks' CDNs are massively robust, whereas some of these local solutions rely on re-streamers.

I have a choice of SD, HD or FD. The beeb does not transmit in FD but other broadcasters do. I don't want to quote broadcasters names on this forum so if you want more info. or my stream source please send me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 7:28 PM, mtls2005 said:

Please be aware that...

Channels FOX Movies, FOX Action Movies, FOX Family Movies, FOX Life, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports 3, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, Baby TV, Star Chinese Movies will be discontinued till 1st October, 2021. No clue what that means exactly. Unavailable now, but will be as ov 1-10-21, or available now until 30-9-21?

https://www.ais.th/play/en/package.html

And an hour after you get the optimal set-up it'll require another week of re-tuning.

I'd make a list of the exact channels, streaming sources and specialized content you want, then start cobbling together solution(s).

AIS does offer Disney + Hotstar, their AIS Play offer may be losing channels soon, not sure about replacement. But check it out via your SIM for a month, cast to Chromecast.

TrueVisions does offer some American football, and F1 and golf/tennis majors.

For American football sign up for the free version of NFL GamePass International (no live regular season games - well maybe a few on NFL Network, but the do offer recaps, , or the full package at $199.99.

And look at the IPTV offers, and consider a more sophisticated Android streaming device/box.

And search through the sub-forums: Audio Visual, IT (this one) where you will find a lot of great detail from other members.

no loss to see anything to do with the fox fascist family gone. one thing which turned my crank, (as a 30 year subscriber) was to see Nat Geo sell out their video division to fff.

There are so many ways to accomplish what you want. As you read through all of the posts you will see that.

As for myself, I like to keep it simple. I purchased a VPN service through Express VPN for $13 per month. Since I have a smart tv, I can access my VPN and go directly to Hulu in the USA. I pay Hulu's membership of 99 cents per month. Now I can  watch movies & TV series whenever I want. I also have Netflix for 349 baht per month. So with Netflix & Hulu I have more than enough options on what to watch. 

• Like 1