No KLM flights to Phuket, Finnair still on

cormanr7

KLM had originally planned to start direct AMS-Phuket flights in October. This plan has now been cancelled according to luchtvaartnieuws.nl (in Dutch), which tends to be well informed. Reason given (freely translated): 'present conditions do not warrant starting flights on this route'

Finnair will operate (seasonal?) flights to Helsinki from Phuket starting Nov 1 with frequency ranging from two to four flights per week depending on the period. For the moment, planned flights to Krabi are also still on, starting end of Nov (source finnair.com). Whether these flights to southern Thailand will actually take place will depend on the covid situation.

• Like 2

LAst week i was checking on KLM site if there were flights to Phuket.

There were package travels, flying to BK and additional inland flight to Phuket.

It was there for sale. Just typed a date in October. I was amazed, as Sandbox forbid transit in BK. i dont get it.

Emirates and Qatar are flying on Phuket, but they make a stop in their own country.

Again i dont get as you have to stay long enough in those countries for a next flight to Phuket and a possible infection. They keep all people strictly separated?

All approved by Thai government?  

There are loads of flights on the net, but if you read the small,print, you might not qualify to use them, due to etcetc. 
Booking takes reservations for hotels in places you can’t go to because of restrictions. 
singapore airline flys to Phuket, I think this works as you don’t leave the plane in Singapore for transit. You can take a quick flight from Amsterdam to  Paris  for this flight if you’re in Holland.  Otherwise, doesn’t the embassy have a list ?

• Confused 1

On 8/24/2021 at 11:09 AM, xtrnuno41 said:

Emirates and Qatar are flying to Phuket, but they make a stop in their own country.

Again i dont get as you have to stay long enough in those countries for a next flight to Phuket and a possible infection. They keep all people strictly separated?

No, they don't.

The first case of covid that was imported through the sandbox scheme was an Emirati ("vaccinated" with Sinowhatever).

Other passengers on his flight (vaccinated with real vaccines) had to check out of their hotels and transfer into quarantine. And pay for the quarantine. 

Happened quiet early,  maybe it was the 3rd day of the sandbox scheme.  Well publicized at the time. 

23 hours ago, Lorry said:

No, they don't.

The first case of covid that was imported through the sandbox scheme was an Emirati ("vaccinated" with Sinowhatever).

Other passengers on his flight (vaccinated with real vaccines) had to check out of their hotels and transfer into quarantine. And pay for the quarantine. 

Happened quiet early,  maybe it was the 3rd day of the sandbox scheme.  Well publicized at the time. 

I came up on that story, but in Asean now there was also on 12 July 3 cases in sandbox with covid positive people.

Coming form Switzerland, Myanmar and South Africa. They would be all vaccinated and Sinopharm and Sinofac are on the WHO EUL.

Therefor also approved by Thailand in sandbox, as they follow WHO. As red in Thaiest.

And somewhere red about already 55 cases of covid in sandbox sceme. 

I cant find, all people from planes were set in ALQ. In first case they put person in hospital and those with him(family?) in ALQ.

If you go there, then you also should do all people from Phuket airport, pilots, stewardess, immigration officers,taxi driver, hotel workers.

Just also red a story about a person breaking sandbox stay, did only 9 days and went off, and is now prosecuted.

I wonder if you can prosecute Thai government then if just one person is on the plane, and tested positive in Thailand.

You MUST have PCR-test prior to max 72 hours before flying. OK, you still can get covid in those days.

However incubation time is 2 -14 days, they say. An antigen test (fast test), used in Thailand (as i understood), is reliable when you already have sickness symptoms, concentration of viruses is good enough then to test positive with this test. A PCR- test then still needs to confirm for real.  

From the Netherlands, there is not a direct fly to Phuket. Never the less people go to Phuket, sandbox with for instance Emirates and that one is setting down on own ground first before flying to Phuket. Same with Qatar. So im amazed Thailand is accepting that, as sandbox demands direct flight. Only if you live in Dubai or Dohu , you could go to Thailand, technically.