Phuket Sandbox

3 minutes ago, glegolo18 said:

This is just rumours, and it made me nervous, so I decided to ask her what you guys thought about it....

Can you answer plse??

glegolo

I think you should stop taking any notice of rumours from unreliable sources. People reacting to everything they read or hear (regardless of source) is what leads to the irrational behaviour that has become even more common over the last few years. If any "rumour" is not covered by mainstream sources, it is rarely accurate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BritTim said:

I think you should stop taking any notice of rumours from unreliable sources. People reacting to everything they read or hear (regardless of source) is what leads to the irrational behaviour that has become even more common over the last few years. If any "rumour" is not covered by mainstream sources, it is rarely accurate.

Thank you UJose included. good to hear and agree fully with your comment

glegolo

Just come from there yesterday, not as many foreigners now because maybe they realized that it is not what it was cracked out to be, the town is empty and it's raining cats and dogs now everyday... i did the sand box because i had to, not as a tourist...

Hi Glegolo

I live on Phuket. Sandbox is, as of now, still running.

There are certainly more people around my area of Chrngtalay but other parts of the Island are very quiet indeed.

It is true that a lot of businesses on the Island are closed. All bars are closed but restaraunts are open, but not allowed to sell alcohol. That is not to say you can not find alcohol if you know where to look!!

And of course we are in rainy season. It has not stopped raining all day today but we do get some sun most days.

It all depends on what you are looking for on your "vacation".

That is not to say things could change - we are averaging over 100 COVID cases per day this week so if things do get worse you never know.

Most locals have been vaccinated but only with Sinovac.

Message me if you want to know anything else

16 hours ago, glegolo18 said:

Heard "notconfirmed" talk" that Phuket is closed and the sandbox-thing is not in work?? 

Is that true??

anybody have dayfresh information??

Phuket sandbox is open, as to what is closed almost everything.

• Like 1

Yes the sand box is still open. I am here now and have 3 mores until i can go to my home in Udon Thani. I think the sand box is the greatest. thing that the Thai government has done to help the Thai people mainly in Phuket and to help Farangs to come back to Thailand to live or visit.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, james1943 said:

Yes the sand box is still open. I am here now and have 3 mores until i can go to my home in Udon Thani. I think the sand box is the greatest. thing that the Thai government has done to help the Thai people mainly in Phuket and to help Farangs to come back to Thailand to live or visit.   

And you're stuck there until domestic flights open and starting prices are 6000 baht one way trips out.

Some have been waiting close to a month after their 14 days are up to head back to their home provinces.

Lovely, charming.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 8:07 AM, hotchilli said:

Phuket sandbox is open, as to what is closed almost everything.

Nothing is closed in the south of the island except some 7vens and some family marts. Shops are open and so are restaurants. Drinks can be had in any supercheap or 7 eleven that is open.. When I think about it.. ALL supercheaps are open. Almost all hotels in the area are open too if i am not mistaken.

• Confused 1