Requirments for marriage extension in Roi et?

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Here is my general list of required documents. Marriage Extension Requirements 2.pdf.

There may be some local requirements not listed.

I have not included the newest requirement for using the 40k baht income option. 

What is the newest requirement for this?  I am currently on a 1 year extension based on supporting Thai children and used the Bt 40k p.m income option.  

9 minutes ago, StateSix said:

What is the newest requirement for this?  I am currently on a 1 year extension based on supporting Thai children and used the Bt 40k p.m income option.  

No changes unless your local office has something new. I was referring to the original change in December of 2018 allowing transfers if you cannot get proof of income from your embassy.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No changes unless your local office has something new. I was referring to the original change in December of 2018 allowing transfers if you cannot get proof of income from your embassy.

Ah, ok.  Thank you

9 minutes ago, sanook 1 said:

Thanks Ub! I was thinking moore of local requirments like witness or home visits? 

Maybe somebody from Roi Et will give you a answer to your question.

Most offices don't require witnesses when you apply and only want them when they do a home visit.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, StateSix said:

I am in Thailand on Non O Marige. The Visa expired November 2000. after my 90 days from last entering Thailand from Lao (Border run), expired in Feb. 2001 been given Corona extentions, and will get a new 90 days Covid extion after 23 Sep. 2001 untill obout end of November 2001, and hope for a new one after that.
I can not get proof of income from my embassy. (Danish).
Am I correct in asuming that I can get 12
extention by "more than 40,000 into my Thai account from oversees", for the last 12 month ??
(I am working on that, but still need a few month)

Edited by Jorgendk

4 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

I am in Thailand on Non O Marige. The Visa expired November 2000. after my 90 days from last entering Thailand fro Lao (Border run) expired in Feb. 2001 I have been given Corona extentions, and will get a new 90 days Covid extion after 23 Sep. 2001 untill obout end of November 2001, and hope for a new one after that.
I can not get proof of income from Myr embassy. (Danish).
Am I correct in asuming that I can get 12
extention by "more than 40,000 into my Thai account from oversees", for the last 12 month ??

I always suspected that Denmark was 20 years behind the rest of us !   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

I always suspected that Denmark was 20 years behind the rest of us !   LOL

They did do the letter until some years ago, but stoped from day to day, after US embassy stoped doing it.
At least the US gave 3 month warning, but the Danish stoped from day to day, and left some of us in it..

3 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

They did do the letter until some years ago, but stoped from day to day, after US embassy stoped doing it.
At least the US gave 3 month warning, but the Danish stoped from day to day, and left some of us in it..

The UK Embassy did the same.

Please check the year numbers on your post. LOL

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

I am in Thailand on Non O Marige. The Visa expired November 2000. after my 90 days from last entering Thailand from Lao (Border run), expired in Feb. 2001 been given Corona extentions, and will get a new 90 days Covid extion after 23 Sep. 2001 untill obout end of November 2001, and hope for a new one after that.
I can not get proof of income from my embassy. (Danish).
Am I correct in asuming that I can get 12 extention by "more than 40,000 into my Thai account from oversees", for the last 12 month ??

The covid 19 extensions are only for 60 days.

With proof the transfers came from abroad you can apply for the one year extension when you have 12 months of transfer into the bank. 

If immigration questions you about applying for another covid 19 extension you could should show them you are doing the transfers so you can apply for the one year extension.

If you have not gotten one since your last entry using your non-o visa you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if they are not doing the covid 19 extension anymore.

• Like 1

Thank you UB.
I know I will get the new 60 days covid extention this time, and will also get another after that, if emigration is stille alowed to do it after that.
I am using Mukdahan Im. and they are wery helpfull, and will always do whatewer they can to help, as long as it is within the officiel ruels.

13 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

Thank you UB.
I know I will get the new 60 days covid extention this time, and will also get another after that, if emigration is stille alowed to do it after that.
I am using Mukdahan Im. and they are wery helpfull, and will always do whatewer they can to help, as long as it is within the officiel ruels.

But as your Visa expired in Nov 2000 and the next in 2001.........?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Hi @ubonjoe/All,

Here is the latest list (attached link) from the Roi Et City Immigration Office for "Support Thai Wife", or Non-O Married.  The local office phone number is listed on the bottom and is valid and working.  We do call them any time we have questions and they are very helpful and patient.  My wife usually does the talking but they also speak pretty good english.

We have visited the local office twice to confirm requirements and obtain the list.

Due to Covid, I switched to retirement visa last year, but will now switch to the Married Visa this year in hopes of being able to travel and to reduce the amount of money held in the bank for these purposes (800k down to 400k).  The Roi Et Immigration Office facilitated my switch to retirement visa last year and will facilitate the change to Married Visa next month.

They have advised us to come in 1 week prior to the expiry of my current visa and that will be sufficient time for them to issue the new Married Visa.

Lastly, the Roi Et City Immigration office has moved from downtown to a new location just West of the city, which can be found at this Google Maps link:

https://goo.gl/maps/vsHPNrxZqspXRaQT8

Hope this helps

Regards

Dan

Non O Married List of Requirements.pdf

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But as your Visa expired in Nov 2000 and the next in 2001.........?

You don'n need a Visa to stay in Thailand. You need a Visa to enter Thailand,
You need a permition to stay, to stay in Thailand. If you get an extion, it is your permition to stay, that get extented.
You can not extend a Visa.
Many that have stayed in Thailand for many years, has a Vise that expired years ago. 
Yes my Visa Expired in Nov 2000. And has not been reneved. I went to Lao for one hour before it expired, and got a new 90 days permition to stay, when I returned.

Was after that 90 days soposed to go to Thai embassy in Lao for a new Visa, but because of Corona, the border was closed.
Therefore I have stayed on Corona extentions sins. 

10 minutes ago, Jorgendk said:

You don'n need a Visa to stay in Thailand. You need a Visa to enter Thailand,
You need a permition to stay, to stay in Thailand. If you get an extion, it is your permition to stay, that get extented.
You can not extend a Visa.
Many that have stayed in Thailand for many years, has a Vise that expired years ago. 
Yes my Visa Expired in Nov 2000. And has not been reneved. I went to Lao for one hour before it expired, and got a new 90 days permition to stay, when I returned.

Was after that 90 days soposed to go to Thai embassy in Lao for a new Visa, but because of Corona, the border was closed.
Therefore I have stayed on Corona extentions sins. 

Corona Extensions for 20 years?

Edited by KannikaP

I'm not sure if Thai Immigration will accept monthly transfers for Danish citizens. It's true that the Danish Embassy stopped the confirmation of income letters at the same time as the US, British and Australian embassies. However, a few months later the Danish embassy started up again for certain types of income (pensions).  It's more complicated (and more expensive) now than before, as the embassy require the entity paying out the pension to send documentation confirming the pension details directly to the embassy. 

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Most offices don't require witnesses when you apply and only want them when they do a home visit.

I'm on my 8th marriage extension from the Roi Et office.

I had a home visit only for the first extension application.

However, as is the norm in Thailand, what happened previously is no indication of what might happen in the future, even under identical circumstances.  ????

They keep suggesting that I should convert to a retirement extension as it means less paperwork for them to complete and send off to Korat for approval - alas, I'm still too young.  ????

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If it's your first extension at ROI ET they normally follow up with a home visit after your application has been sent to Korat for verification.

They normally ask the headman/woman and some neighbor's to confirm you are living at the address you supplied when they visit.

Your wife will need to round them up when they confirm the day they are visiting your house.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

If it's your first extension at ROI ET they normally follow up with a home visit after your application has been sent to Korat for verification.

I believe the divisional office for Roi Et changed from Korat to Khon Kaen 3-4 years ago.

• Thanks 2

On 8/26/2021 at 8:06 PM, Sophon said:

I'm not sure if Thai Immigration will accept monthly transfers for Danish citizens. It's true that the Danish Embassy stopped the confirmation of income letters at the same time as the US, British and Australian embassies. However, a few months later the Danish embassy started up again for certain types of income (pensions).  It's more complicated (and more expensive) now than before, as the embassy require the entity paying out the pension to send documentation confirming the pension details directly to the embassy. 

Yes .. Yiu can now get confirmation on your pention from the Danish embassy, 
But in my case I do not have 40.000 in pention.
I do however have more than 40.000 in income in all, as I have some other small income  in Denmark.
The imigration rules states you need more than 40.000 income pr.md. from oversees. Not that you need 40.000 in pention.

Edited by Jorgendk