Work Permit required at the time Permanent Residency is awarded?

7 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

How complicated is it to skip PR and go directly for Citizenship if you are NOT married but have lived here for 8 years with a Thai girl on none interrupted extension of stay?

You cannot apply unless you are legally married.

7 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

How complicated is it to skip PR and go directly for Citizenship if you are NOT married but have lived here for 8 years with a Thai girl on none interrupted extension of stay?

Impossible. 

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot apply unless you are legally married.

Are you sure? Last year on a meeting I was talking to man from Europe, I don't remember from what country, and he say he skipped getting PR and get Citizen ship directly. He was not married to a Thai. He said he had to have at least 5 year (he had 15) conclusive extension of stay and had to sing two different songs, The one on TV and the one in Cinemas. And Speak and understand Thai. Income of something like 100k per month for past 3 years. I regret I did not change business card with him.

23 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Are you sure? Last year on a meeting I was talking to man from Europe, I don't remember from what country, and he say he skipped getting PR and get Citizen ship directly. He was not married to a Thai. He said he had to have at least 5 year (he had 15) conclusive extension of stay and had to sing two different songs, The one on TV and the one in Cinemas. And Speak and understand Thai. Income of something like 100k per month for past 3 years. I regret I did not change business card with him.

He might of qualified for it under a exception. This from the guidelines.

"3.2 Applicants with direct personal ties with Thailand, such as those married to a Thai citizen, those with children who are Thai citizens, or those who graduated from an institute of tertiary education in Thailand should have an income of not less than 40,000 baht a month supported by a letter of confirmation of monthly salary/income and must show evidence that they have paid tax for not less than 3 years; or they should they should have paid personal income tax of more than 50,000 baht per year for the 3 tax years prior to their application for naturalization.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

or they should they should have paid personal income tax of more than 50,000 baht per year for the 3 tax years prior to their application for naturalization.

This Apply to me, Have been here 8+ years with higher salary than that.